Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roach likes the sound of PAC/JMM III..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roach likes the sound of PAC/JMM III..

Over on boxingscene.com an interview with Roach reveals that he likes the idea of JMM vs Pac III instead of Foreman where he feels that the weight at 154 will be one step too far for Pacman. Apparently he feels it will be a difficult fight because Foreman is rangey. (Cherry picking perhaps? Avoiding certain styles for Pac?)

What do you think of JMM vs Pac III? I hate it personally, JMM isn't as effective at the higher weights and Roach, typically, wants another fight where he can call the shots (Probably at 140 or higher) where Pac has a better chance over JMM.

Roach is really showing his true colours recently - What I see is someone who likes taking on the big names but with the condition that all the odds are stacked against his fighters opponent

Roach Likes Pacquiao-Marquez Trilogy, Foreman Warning - Boxing News
    Last edited by Althugz; 01-02-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar errors - added link

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roach likes the sound of PAC/JMM III..

Unless Pac can get below 140 then I see no reason for a Marquez/Pac 3 fight to take place. Marquez did great at 135, but you could sense he was on the edge of where his body could go even there. The Mayweather fight was pointless, most of us questioned what the point in that was.

If Pac wants to fight then why not the winner of Berto/Mosley? Mosley will win and the fight will be ready in a matter of months, no need for blood tests either. I would much rather see that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it not bad enough JMM was already robbed of two decisions against Pac? If they fight anywhere north of 130 imo, JMM won't be able to cope with the extra weight [against someone as fast as Pacquiao/Mayweather]. All of this speculation about fighting other guys better just be hype tbh, or I'll lose all respect for Manny, as it will be evident at that point he's hiding something.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he's just trying to get people off of his back by putting a fight that people wanted out there as a possibility, anyways Marquez is a GBP fighter, and DLH already said that no GBP fighter is going to fight Pacquiao until he takes the blood tests, same went with Shaw, this is more bullshit coming from Team Pacquiao

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Must be a negotiating tool for the Floyd fight. If it happens it will be good, JMM has his number, it is just the judges do not see it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there again go the talks of how JMM was robbed twice. People really need to open their eyes. Watch fights like funeka-guzman or casamoyer-santa cruz. Or even Holyfield -Valuev. A 1 point fight or even 3 point fight is not a robbery . And it was Marquez that was floored 4 times

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    there again go the talks of how JMM was robbed twice. People really need to open their eyes. Watch fights like funeka-guzman or casamoyer-santa cruz. Or even Holyfield -Valuev. A 1 point fight or even 3 point fight is not a robbery . And it was Marquez that was floored 4 times
    and it was Marquez who won a minimum of 8 rounds each fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac-JMM at 135 will attract more PPV buyers than 140-147 range.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i didn't see it that way , along with many people, i had pac winning 6 rounds in each fight . it was the commentary that swayed some people towards Marquez.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i didn't see it that way , along with many people, i had pac winning 6 rounds in each fight . it was the commentary that swayed some people towards Marquez.
    yeah. it was the commentaries that made it seem like a robbery. I could very well remember then when ICB made a comment that it was a robbery just after watching the fight then later on retracting his words after he saw the fight again. The fights were so close that anyone could have won the fights. It just happened that Pacquaio was flooring JMM convincingly that the judges gave the nod to Pac.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    yeah. it was the commentaries that made it seem like a robbery. I could very well remember then when ICB made a comment that it was a robbery just after watching the fight then later on retracting his words after he saw the fight again. The fights were so close that anyone could have won the fights. It just happened that Pacquaio was flooring JMM convincingly that the judges gave the nod to Pac.
    might come as a shock to you, but there are people who can think on their own and aren't just mindless drones that go with whatever everybody else says, i had Marquez as a clear winner in both fights, and i'm not the only one. and it has nothing to do with the commentators

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    might come as a shock to you, but there are people who can think on their own and aren't just mindless drones that go with whatever everybody else says, i had Marquez as a clear winner in both fights, and i'm not the only one. and it has nothing to do with the commentators

I will stick with my unbiased opinion that the fight could go either way.

So I better leave the decision to the judges as many will agree with me that it was a close fight.

Those were not robberies. FACT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I better leave the decision to the judges as many will agree with me that it was a close fight.

Dude no offence but I really wouldnt call you unbiased towards anything to do with pac.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez won both fights!.....Bob Arum has connections
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I better leave the decision to the judges as many [pac nuthuggers] will agree with me that it was a close fight.

As the biggest pacfan here, hear me fellow pac nuthuggers!
    Taken from this thread: http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...d-testing.html

Thread Information