Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far will Khan's chin take him?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How far will Khan's chin take him?

Amir Khan: How Far Can His Chin Take Him? | ProBoxing-Fans.com

Although I'm a fan of this upcomer and wish him well in his career, he does have a major achilles heal being his chin yet others with weak chins have been successful as the article states.

It's also his chin however, which will make his fights exciting as at any momment, it can spell disaster for Khan. It's only a matter of time (next 2-3 fights if he continues to win) that he'll have to fight a strong puncher ie. Ortiz, Colt, Maidana etc so that answer will come...at that point, we'll see how it truely holds up with elite of the 140lb division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How far will Khan's chin take him?

I think Khan's chin deserve another chance. He got caught for the count once. Lets see how it goes as he steps up the competition and knows what he has as a chin.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll have an Junior Jones type of career. Decent but not great career. He'll bamboozle the British public into believing he is special by fighting another past his prime legend that's moving up in weight and win it comfortably.

The British announcers and public will go crazy with something like this, "He is easily beating JMM which Pacquiao and Mayweather have fought, but he is having a much better time than Pacman he is going to be an all time great! Better than him for sure. When you beat a legend you become a legend! The boy is turning into a man! And he's only 23! No other 23 year old has had such a career!"

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winning a paper title. Which he already has done, is it. Pretty much he's gone as far as he's going to go.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan's chin will take him all the way to the canvass.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    He'll have an Junior Jones type of career. Decent but not great career. He'll bamboozle the British public into believing he is special by fighting another past his prime legend that's moving up in weight and win it comfortably.

The British announcers and public will go crazy with something like this, "He is easily beating JMM which Pacquiao and Mayweather have fought, but he is having a much better time than Pacman he is going to be an all time great! Better than him for sure. When you beat a legend you become a legend! The boy is turning into a man! And he's only 23! No other 23 year old has had such a career!"
    Junior Jones at his best was a hell of a fighter, his performances against MAB x2, Orlando Canizales. Were legit world class performances and his jab is up there with the best.

But then despite all this another day he can lose to fighters, like Darryl Pickney, John Michael Johnson. I mean what the hell seriously talk about being a hot and cold fighter.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's already bamboozled the American giants HBO and Golden Boy into signing him. I'm sure they believe he'll bamboozle American fans too
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

The difference is with some of the fighters on the list, is firstly Wladimir Klitschko has a massive reach and height advantage over most of his opponents. Plus he's basically the only real good Heavyweight out there.

Terry Norris had legit power, plus lets be honest here Amir Khan is no Terry Norris. Yes they both had weak chins, but Terry Norris put combinations together better, he had better movement. He was better athletically, and he had better boxing skills aswell as better power as i already stated.

I mean honestly could you ever see Amir Khan dominating fighters such as Simon Brown, John Mugabi, Sugar Ray Leonard, Donald Curry, Meldrick Taylor, Jorge Castro, Maurice Blocker ?

Lastly as for RJJ well simply i don't need to explain this, Amir Khan is no RJJ end of. And thats pretty obvious isn't it ? and in truth we don't really know how bad RJJ's chin was. He did take some good punches in his prime, without showing any ill effect. But he didn't take enough of them for us to make a judgment.

But i mean come on RJJ is considered P4P to be almost unbeatable, he seemed to have every attribute a boxer could want. RJJ is special like Pernell Whitaker and ETC. Trying to make a comparison between Amir Khan and RJJ is just ridiculous. I think even the Terry Norris comparison is seriously stretching it aswell.

Amir Khan is a talented fighter but he hasn't beaten a legit opponent yet, he also hasn't beaten one fighter who can punch. I mean i want to root for him of course i do, he's British and he's young. But he talks too much and he gets far too much hype for doing really nothing so far.

If he beats JMM or Marcos Rene Maidana, i will be the first to give him credit. And start believing in him but until then, my thoughts on him will not change no matter what anyone says.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's only bamboozling general sports fans into believing he is special. Proper boxing fans are in a better position to judge a fighter's career and resume.

The Marquez fight will be a defining fight just like Tszyu was Hatton's. Most prospects fight a former world class operator at a time which is deemed as the 'right time'. If you've got something against Khan for doing it, then you're not going to like many other prospects.

As you pointed out yesterday, other fighters have had similar or better resumes at 23. Unfortunately all the fighters you listed were probably shoe ins for the Hall of Fame. Then you went on to say Khan is a Hype job....which he may be.

So i don't get it. If you think he's a hype job why are you using future hall of famers as a yardstick to measure Khan's ability and resume against?

Surely you should be comparing him to other hype jobs such as Bojado.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

It's only bamboozling general sports fans into believing he is special. Proper boxing fans are in a better position to judge a fighter's career and resume.

The Marquez fight will be a defining fight just like Tszyu was Hatton's. Most prospects fight a former world class operator at a time which is deemed as the 'right time'. If you've got something against Khan for doing it, then you're not going to like many other prospects.

As you pointed out yesterday, other fighters have had similar or better resumes at 23. Unfortunately all the fighters you listed were probably shoe ins for the Hall of Fame. Then you went on to say Khan is a Hype job....which he may be.

So i don't get it. If you think he's a hype job why are you using future hall of famers as a yardstick to measure Khan's ability and resume against?

Why am I using other great's resume? I already explained this in the other thread. It's because guys like you and Bilbo (wondered what happened to him) keep on bring up "He's only 23, give him time!" Well at the same age a lot of 23 year old boxing greats who just like Khan were once boxing prodigies/prospects and they dazzled and accomplished more than Khan. How did those guys accomplished so much? They took on dangerous guys to build their names and resume. So stop with the "He's only 23, give him time" excuse.

The guy is now an world champion, time to take on a Bradley, Maidana, Alexander, and not a past his prime fading legend.

Why did Roach want Khan to fight Erik Morales at 140 a few weeks back? Roach mentioned this. We all know the answer don't we?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Khan's chin will take him all the way to the canvass.
    Damn, you beat me to it! I was going to say exactly the same thing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why am I using other great's resume? I already explained this in the other thread. It's because guys like you and Bilbo (wondered what happened to him) keep on bring up "He's only 23, give him time!" Well at the same age a lot of 23 year old boxing greats who just like Khan were once boxing prodigies/prospects and they dazzled and accomplished more than Khan. How did those guys accomplished so much? They took on dangerous guys to build their names and resume. So stop with the "He's only 23, give him time" excuse.

The guy is now an world champion, time to take on a Bradley, Maidana, Alexander, and not a past his prime fading legend.

Why did Roach want Khan to fight Erik Morales at 140 a few weeks back? Roach mentioned this. We all know the answer don't we?
    Yeah but he is only 23. You cannot expect him to have faced the best in his division yet. He has only recently won a world title and he's planning on defending against a top 5 p4p'er. The reason Roach wanted the Morales fight is simple. It gives chance to share the ring with a legend. Khan will more than likely learn more from this fight then he would from destroying a mandatory inside 1 round. Khan hasn't been with Roach for that long and i believe he still has bad habits that Roach wants to eradicate before putting his arse on the line against a big puncher. it's common sense. Roach didn't get where he is by going all kamikaze on his fighters.

As much as the fighters you mentioned, took on dangerous opponents, they also took on 'safe bets' just like any other prospect has done. Mayweather wasn't in a fight where he wasn't the firm favourite until he fought Diego Corrales....just before he turned 24. That's why i'm saying give him time.

Incidentally Khan won't be the firm favourite against Marquez.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here we go again you two crack me up !

It will take him right to the top. All he needs to do is not get hit on the chin, or temple or any other part of his head ! With the speed he has, no reason to think he cannot execute this
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but he is only 23. You cannot expect him to have faced the best in his division yet. He has only recently won a world title and he's planning on defending against a top 5 p4p'er. The reason Roach wanted the Morales fight is simple. It gives chance to share the ring with a legend. Khan will more than likely learn more from this fight then he would from destroying a mandatory inside 1 round. Khan hasn't been with Roach for that long and i believe he still has bad habits that Roach wants to eradicate before putting his arse on the line against a big puncher. it's common sense. Roach didn't get where he is by going all kamikaze on his fighters.

As much as the fighters you mentioned, took on dangerous opponents, they also took on 'safe bets' just like any other prospect has done. Mayweather wasn't in a fight where he wasn't the firm favourite until he fought Diego Corrales....just before he turned 24. That's why i'm saying give him time.

Yes Roach wanted Khan to fight Morales was because he's a legend with a name, but he was completely shot as a fighter. ANother legend that's shot, geez what a surprise!

Sure all of those legends I mentioned took safe fights, but up to a certain point, then they started taking on rank contenders and then champions. Then they took on dangerous fights. If Khan wants to learn his craft and have more tutelage under Roach, fine then he shouldn't have fought for a title and then calls himself an world champion. What kind of world champion keeps on taking easy fights?

Mayweather was only 21 and took on Genero Hernandez after only 15 or 16 pro fights, I don't remember him being an firm favorite in that fight, later on he took on a dangerous fighter in Manfreddy in the same year who had just stopped an prime Gatti earlier in the year. It's laughable to mention Mayweather's and Khan's name in the same sentence.

And like I said, enough with the "He's only 23" excuse. That's an sad excuse for an world champion to avoid dangerous guys like Tim Bradley and the hard hitting Maidana, both are even willing to take on Khan in England where he's going to have home court advantage with the ref and crowd.

But surprise surprise Khan is willing to take on another fading legend. BTW, at age 23 Leonard and Delahoya were fighting very dangerous opponents already, and they were both Olympians like Khan. They sure as hell didn't use the "I'm only 23 and you can't expect me to face tough challenges" excuse.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Roach wanted Khan to fight Morales was because he's a legend with a name, but he was completely shot as a fighter. ANother legend that's shot, geez what a surprise!

Sure all of those legends I mentioned took safe fights, but up to a certain point, then they started taking on rank contenders and then champions. Then they took on dangerous fights. If Khan wants to learn his craft and have more tutelage under Roach, fine then he shouldn't have fought for a title and then calls himself an world champion. What kind of world champion keeps on taking easy fights?

Mayweather was only 21 and took on Genero Hernandez after only 15 or 16 pro fights, I don't remember him being an firm favorite in that fight, later on he took on a dangerous fighter in Manfreddy in the same year who had just stopped an prime Gatti earlier in the year. It's laughable to mention Mayweather's and Khan's name in the same sentence.

And like I said, enough with the "He's only 23" excuse. That's an sad excuse for an world champion to avoid dangerous guys like Tim Bradley and the hard hitting Maidana, both are even willing to take on Khan in England where he's going to have home court advantage with the ref and crowd.

But surprise surprise Khan is willing to take on another fading legend. BTW, at age 23 Leonard and Delahoya were fighting very dangerous opponents already, and they were both Olympians like Khan. They sure as hell didn't use the "I'm only 23 and you can't expect me to face tough challenges" excuse.
    But that's the thing. You continually point out that Khan is a fraud yet you keep comparing his career to the likes of Leonard and De La Hoya. It doesn't make sense. If you think he's a fraud and if you think his name shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Mayweather then isn't it fair to be comparing him to fighters of a lesser level such as Ricky Hatton....who at a similar stage in his career, with the same promoter, hadn't fought anyone who was anywhere near world level, let alone a top 5 p4p'er.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be facing tough challenges, but i don't see why he needs to burn himself out and put his career on the line just as it's starting, to fight the toughest opponents for the least reward. Nobody is going to do that.

Thread Information