Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Getting Tired Of Boxing Lately ?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Anyone Getting Tired Of Boxing Lately ?

I haven't been following boxing really for atleast a year, im getting sick of all the bad decision's, fights not happening. And just in general no real exciting fights, hate to put a downer on it but does anyone else feel the same way ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone Getting Tired Of Boxing Lately ?

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I haven't been following boxing really for atleast a year, im getting sick of all the bad decision's, fights not happening. And just in general no real exciting fights, hate to put a downer on it but does anyone else feel the same way ?
    Id disagree with the no exciting fights, just a couple weeks ago we had huck ofalabi, kess green just this past weekend was decent, few months back martinez macklin, fights been plenty exciting. The only one that really irks me is the bad decisions and piss me off for a week at a time but what ya going to do when boxing gets all of it right which happens (huck ofalabi) then its awesome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear what you're saying. A few weeks ago I felt the same. I even started to get back into K-1 (Kickboxing) which I haven't watched in years. I believe posting in the Boxing Talk forum was way down about a month ago. Hardly any new posts. But things are starting to heat back up.
    Last edited by TigerFan; 05-24-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no, I love it more and more each day best sport in the world, I will never get tired of anything that happens in the boxing world, It's the thing I love most in life and feel most passionate about. Shit goes down in any sport but it doesnt make me not want to watch it, there have been LOADS of excting fights within the last year, and it has made me want to follow the sport even more.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with you ICB. I'm a big MMA fan as well, and for years I've followed the sports 50/50. Over the last year though, I must admit, it's been more like 90/10 in MMA's favor.

Not trying to turn this into an MMA vs Boxing rant, as I love both sports equally. But right now, the world of MMA is much more exciting than the world of boxing. The best are fighting each other, the big fights are being put together, there are more legit stars to get excited about, ect.

Seems like the past year has been a lot of let downs, big fights not getting made and terrible decisions.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. Boxings is my favorite whore. Dirty and no good. Doesn't matter. Cuz no matter what I'm gonna make time for it. Till the day I die

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    No. Boxings is my favorite whore. Dirty and no good. Doesn't matter. Cuz no matter what I'm gonna make time for it. Till the day I die
    damn straight . bad decisions, failed drug tests can be frustrating, but it happens in all sports.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Id disagree with the no exciting fights, just a couple weeks ago we had huck ofalabi, kess green just this past weekend was decent, few months back martinez macklin, fights been plenty exciting. The only one that really irks me is the bad decisions and piss me off for a week at a time but what ya going to do when boxing gets all of it right which happens (huck ofalabi) then its awesome
    bad decisions have always been there, they seem to be highlighted a lot more now, maybe with all this exposure decisions will start to improve

it will never go tho because there is always opinion, take pac v marquez for example, there was uproar about that decision and it wasnt really that bad, in fact i thought pac deserved it

i think half of it was the expectation that was influenced by history - as in the steam rolling idea that marquez had been robbed twice before

the one thing that is missing for me at the minute is the real explosive fighters like an exciting HW who could blast someone away or a lighter fighter with great power

a lot more fights seem to be won with spoiling tactics
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    no, I love it more and more each day best sport in the world, I will never get tired of anything that happens in the boxing world, It's the thing I love most in life and feel most passionate about. Shit goes down in any sport but it doesnt make me not want to watch it, there have been LOADS of excting fights within the last year, and it has made me want to follow the sport even more.
    Agree with Tam

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Familiarity breeds contempt. No, too far in now and all of it's vices have always been there just not on such the instant and highly visible scale they are now. Like all things sometimes step back and take a break. Think of it like a high maitnance relationship relationship with a beautiful woman. You've seen the 7 am no make up wake up with dragon breath and cussing and sneezing while naked. But when it's plesant and at best you can't get enough. To me following boxing is almost tribal. You have always had to search for it on a whole compared to major sports that are put in your lap redundantly. In no other sport will you see the trials and tribulations of a single individual put on immediate and lasting display with no guarentees. Boxing is the ultimate metaphor for life. The good the bad and the ugly.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 05-24-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know what you mean , it can be frustrating watching crap decisions
    and shit fights, and top guys not fighting other top guys, but when Boxing is great
    it is really the only sport in the world for me, when a great fight happens
    there is no other sport in the world that compete for excitement and skill .

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Other so called fighting sports come and go, there is only ONE noble art that's BOXING.

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chelsea won the cup with defensive tactics so all sports can be bad. If I can access boxing I will watch it. Box Nation has helped for me as I could not afford the sky to follow the game I love and no way would I pay for the PPV fights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you're a real fan, I imagine it's somewhat like panning for gold. You know you're gonna go through a lot of muck.... but the knowledge (and hope) that every once in awhile you're gonna find a gold nugget is enough to keep you going.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never.. One who gets tired of boxing is not a true purist.

Thread Information