Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Will Andre Ward Move Up to 175?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default When Will Andre Ward Move Up to 175?

He's cleaned out the super middleweight division. He'll beat Rodriguez. When will he move up to the top-heavy light heavyweight division? There is Stevenson (if he beats Bellew), Kovalev (if he beats Sillakh), Hopkins, Pascal (if he beats Bute) etc.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually enjoy a guy stickin around in the weightclass he's at his best. why move up , why not stick around and dominate, new contenders will emerge. Hell stevenson and kovalev were unknown commodities at 175 a year ago, who's to say names won't emerge at 168 within a year or two.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When Will Andre Ward Move Up to 175?

Good question. Maybe he should stay just a bit longer. A rematch with Froch would sell quite nicely but the venue squabbling will probably tank the fight.

Well low and behold Chavez has announced that he's staying at 168 errr 173 and wouldn't you now it he magically appears at #2 in the rankings for the Wbc title recently stripped from Mr.Ward. Now as pathetic as this in your face corruption is the kid is one of the best paydays in the division and should he get a shot at Bika and beat him Ward could do a little payback on the way out the door.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think that he should move up after this fight. he has cleaned out the division well and i he has a few interesting fights that could be made at 175. he doesnt have too much left at 168.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Good question. Maybe he should stay just a bit longer. A rematch with Froch would sell quite nicely but the venue squabbling will probably tank the fight.

Well low and behold Chavez has announced that he's staying at 168 errr 173 and wouldn't you now it he magically appears at #2 in the rankings for the Wbc title recently stripped from Mr.Ward. Now as pathetic as this in your face corruption is the kid is one of the best paydays in the division and should he get a shot at Bika and beat him Ward could do a little payback on the way out the door.
    The only fight worth having for him at super middle is Froch rematch and it should be in England as Froch is by far the more attractive fighter and I believe the bigger draw, plus Froch has more belts.

Just shows that you can bore your way to winning every fight but you can be exciting like Froch and lose, yet be liked by so many more people.

If he doesn't rematch Froch and move up after all the talk he had about the fact that he would come to England for it, it'll seem like he ducked him, which is ridiculous because he's already beat him.

But Froch is a different beast now and it would be so much closer.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 11-06-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why does everyone see Froch as this great entertainer? Talking strictly what happens in the ring, when Ward and Froch last met , Ward was finding Froch's chin with Embarrassing regularity, and to rub salt in the wounds, he outstrengthed him as well! Technically , he is very limited and if they fought again , it would be exactly the same. I'm no Froch hater, I just think he's overrated. Having said that, despite liking Groves I think Froch beats him.
    Groves had a 40% chance when it was announced, but surely the problems with Booth and going to court about it will have a negative impact on his chances no matter how much he winds up Froch.
    It just goes to show how much better Ward is than anyone else in the division, and if he feels comfortable going up to Light Heavy, then he should , just to stop him going stale and de-motivated.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Why does everyone see Froch as this great entertainer? Talking strictly what happens in the ring, when Ward and Froch last met , Ward was finding Froch's chin with Embarrassing regularity, and to rub salt in the wounds, he outstrengthed him as well! Technically , he is very limited and if they fought again , it would be exactly the same. I'm no Froch hater, I just think he's overrated. Having said that, despite liking Groves I think Froch beats him.
    Groves had a 40% chance when it was announced, but surely the problems with Booth and going to court about it will have a negative impact on his chances no matter how much he winds up Froch.
    It just goes to show how much better Ward is than anyone else in the division, and if he feels comfortable going up to Light Heavy, then he should , just to stop him going stale and de-motivated.
    then he gave him a glasgow kiss and a cuddle

it was nice to see
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand staying in a division to clean it out, but once it's cleaned out? I see the point of course that if you can make weight, why move up? At the same time, there are few compelling match ups for Ward at 168 right now, and he only fights twice a year.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Junior's next fight is an eliminator against somebody he can beat and then a shot at Bika's title. They could put him in with Bika straight away but they're obviously trying to extend his career as long as possible and they're not even confident about him beating Bika. I can't see them rushing to get him in the ring with Ward. As long as people keep buying tickets to watch him fight and he beats Bika they'll probably keep him away from anybody who can beat him.

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward should stay at super middle and beat up Froch again, Junior and maybe even a fight with GGG. What is there at light heavy?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ward should stay at super middle and beat up Froch again, Junior and maybe even a fight with GGG. What is there at light heavy?
    A bunch of compelling match ups in my opinion. Kovalev, Stevenson, Hopkins, Pascal. Who is there at super middleweight that he hasn't already beat?

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    A bunch of compelling match ups in my opinion. Kovalev, Stevenson, Hopkins, Pascal. Who is there at super middleweight that he hasn't already beat?
    Compelling does not pay the bills, the money is there for a Froch fight away in the UK and certainly there for an easy days work against Junior.

Besides Hopkins does not want to know and the others at the weight can fight each other to determine who is the best before Ward goes up and beats them.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I question Jrs commitment, like everyone else, do you think he can beat Bika? His last fight was pathetic.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

I question Jrs commitment, like everyone else, do you think he can beat Bika? His last fight was pathetic.
    Well I do to and that's probably why he's coddled so much. Like with this bogus # 2 ranking. They dont even try to hide it anymore. They just provide him with a title or his best chance at one. A guy like Bika has been through a lot of wear and tear. The number 1 is now fighting Ward which gives Jose a chance to slide right in for a title shot. To be honest I think Anthony Dirrell is going to upset his plans by beating Bika and in impressive fashion.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lt heavy has a lot in the works and some things to be cleared up before I'd consider it being Ward. He should get his feet back vs Rodriquez and give it consideration. By then Hopkins may have called it a day...not likely, Kovalev thumps Stevenson or vice versa. As far as Chavez I can't even take him seriously at this point or consider him a top dog off a shady affair with a Brian Vera. He needs to worry less about a weight class and more about if he even wants to take the sport serious. He'll prob rematch a Rubio in eliminator.

Thread Information