Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default work outs

okay do anyone have any idea whats the best way to build up the chest area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: work outs

what helps me is high weight low rep bench presses, but only go up about 1/3 or so of the way(depending on how long your arms are) getting the weight off your body and into the air uses your chest, pushing it all the way up works your arms. may not work for everyone, but it helps me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

by high weight how much are you talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mate, if you want to build it up theres many ways
    good old fashioned bench press is the daddy. however, muscles increase in size and mass faster when you keep changing the way you train them. its called tricking your muscles. train them one way untill your gains slow down, and move onto a nother method of training, and youll make gains again!

the core excersizes are

flat benchpress (does the whole chest, but with a spread out effect)
    incline benchpress (where your sitting more upwright as you bench press. this builds up the upper chest)
    decline bench press (where your leaning back when benchpressing, this does the lower chest)
    remember guys, when you bench it doesnt have to be a bar, infact swapping to a dumbell in each hand is a good way to trick those muscles and get them growing again

pressups are the daddy for conditioning and endurance training, and your sure to see *some* gains
    dumbell flyes are a good one, personally i really feel this working at the moment, but im trying to cut down on the weights cause im WAAAAY to heavy to be fighting in my needed catagory
    dips while leaning forward are like a hardcore pessup, youll be surprised how much you ache afterwards!

recently while in the gym a hufge bloke showed me a muscle "tricking move". grab a heavyish dumbell and lay on a flat bench. grab the dumbell by one of the weights, with your arms straight above your body, like you had just completed a rep of bench press. keeping your arms straight bring your arms back so theyr in line with your head (like you were doing the Y in YMCA ), and return it to the starting position.
    this absoloutely kills, and i can feel it working the upper abs, which co-incidentally is a hard area to work.

i would warn you mate that gaining alot of weight in boxing perhaps in the greatest idea. sure youll look nice on the beach, but youll have to fight the big boys. what good is a set of pecks when you look like spongebob from all the smashing youv taken from the heavy hitters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by psycosis12
    by high weight how much are you talking about?
    i mean close to your max (i.e. as heavy as you can lift)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by psycosis12
    okay do anyone have any idea whats the best way to build up the chest area?
    chest area, the best way is pushups just for general conditioning, toning.

mass, go for dips, parallel bar dips, and decline bench press, these work your outer and lower pecs giving them a WIDER look

bench press overrated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

(even though you mentioned it in your list )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what are dips? and pressups?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bench press with a Bar.

6-8 reps of heaviest you can lift

and 3 sets at least
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there are two types of dips, ones where you place your hands behind your back, stretch your legs out and lower your rear towards the floor then raise to finish the rep. The other type of Dip is when you get two chairs or something them at your side and then lower your body up and down with your legs off the floor from your palms. those are just the bodyweight ones, not big on weights but there are alot of dips you can do with free weights too.

press ups (you winding me up? You don't know what a press up is? ) are when you lie face down on the floor, place your arms so they are level with your chest and slightly out wards and then push your body up and down fully extending your arms and dipping your chest as deep as you can. 20 explosive press ups will gain more size than 60 half press ups etc. Higher effort needed per press up, just like high weigh bench press - you do less reps at a higher resistance, you gain strength, you do more reps at a lower resistance, you gain endurance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pressups=Pushups
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    there are two types of dips, ones where you place your hands behind your back, stretch your legs out and lower your rear towards the floor then raise to finish the rep. The other type of Dip is when you get two chairs or something them at your side and then lower your body up and down with your legs off the floor from your palms. those are just the bodyweight ones, not big on weights but there are alot of dips you can do with free weights too.

press ups (you winding me up? You don't know what a press up is? ) are when you lie face down on the floor, place your arms so they are level with your chest and slightly out wards and then push your body up and down fully extending your arms and dipping your chest as deep as you can. 20 explosive press ups will gain more size than 60 half press ups etc. Higher effort needed per press up, just like high weigh bench press - you do less reps at a higher resistance, you gain strength, you do more reps at a lower resistance, you gain endurance.
    lol adam. here in the states, we call 'em pushups. some of us have never even heard the term 'pressups'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adam:

doing bench presses on inclines, declines and flat soes not build muscle soley in the "regions of the chest". They recruit more muscle fibres from these areas but the dont provide any real benefit IMO.

The chest, when fully built will look like a balloon, it will have curves and the illusion of upper, lower regions.... this is an illusion.

I had a 46" chest at one stage and i never did a decline bench press in my life, but my "lower chest" was fine. I did incline work but that was to take stress off the shoulders.

To build the "upper & lower" areas you need to work the chest as a whole, not a sum of its parts.

Bench press
    Incline DB bench press
    Dips

substitute dips for DB flys every now and again

PS: i know there are two heads of the pectorials (major + minor), it is impossible to isolate any muscle group, just keep on working out and when your diet and training regime are in a good state, thats when your chest will grow

Thread Information