Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen A. Smith needs to STFU!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Stephen A. Smith needs to STFU!!!!

Somebody hit that guy with a blowdart..... please!

Watching a SportsCenter Special on the May-Pac fight with panelists Joe Tessitore, RJJ, BHop, and Smith. Everytime it's Smith's turn to talk, I cringe. The guy talks like he's had too many cups of coffee. Now he's dissing and making fun of Pacquiao and his religious beliefs. WTF?!?!?

Put a sock in it, moron!!!

I think the guy's gotten way too big for his britches. He's been given carte blanche to rant and rave like a lunatic on other sports, such as basketball.... and now he's bringing his circus act to boxing. Somebody backslap this dude off the roof of the Vegas hotel building where they're doing the TV special.... please! Someone must've told him his rants are extremely popular and he can say and do whatever the hell he pleases on TV. I for one don't find it the least bit amusing.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stephen A. Smith needs to STFU!!!!

I don't care to much for him myself. Fuck him. I can't believe he gets 3 million a year to spit the nonsense he does

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a smart guy and obviously loves his sports. But someone's got to rein him in a little bit (well... actually a LOT).
    Damn..... didn't realize he got paid that much. Hell... no wonder he's so full of himself.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a fuck head and Floyd ass kisser. "Quite frankly", he's a cunt.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He just says what he thinks will get ratings. Kind of like old Jim Rome. He's a bandwagon bitch, jock rider, you have to be in his profession. Hit the biggest demographic make em hate you or slob their knob.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    He's a fuck head and Floyd ass kisser. "Quite frankly", he's a cunt.
    Everybody else is kissing Manny's ass.

El Kabong Guest

Old "Screamin" A. Smith .......anyone forced to debate Skip "Devil's Advocate" Bayliss is going to eventually have a hard time working with anyone else just because you become used to arguing with a moron and as we all know morons beat you in debates because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Again, as a whole, ESPN sucks, they are a bunch of navel gazing, strawman building, self righteous jackasses.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    He just says what he thinks will get ratings. Kind of like old Jim Rome. He's a bandwagon bitch, jock rider, you have to be in his profession. Hit the biggest demographic make em hate you or slob their knob.
    Does that mean he's playing the role of a shock jock?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well what did he say? I think any religious belief deserves to be made fun of.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Well what did he say? I think any religious belief deserves to be made fun of.
    Agreed. Religion is so damn stupid it is funny and it causes tremendous damage all over the world. but you aren't allowed to say so because arguing religion "is rude", nice way to protect the ignorance from logic.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it reprehensible in the context of sports. You can't watch a fight without some meathead thanking god at the end for helping him beat up another man. Are these people that fucking self centred and vain that they believe god is with them helping them give another man a concussion, as opposed to preventing a murder or rape, saving innocent kids, ect. No, he's with you because you prayed to him that you could win a boxing match or some other game that means nothing in the big scheme of things. These people should be mocked, even by other religious people.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Used jock sniffer

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Old "Screamin" A. Smith .......anyone forced to debate Skip "Devil's Advocate" Bayliss is going to eventually have a hard time working with anyone else just because you become used to arguing with a moron and as we all know morons beat you in debates because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Again, as a whole, ESPN sucks, they are a bunch of navel gazing, strawman building, self righteous jackasses.
    Baseball tonight is a well done espn broadcast. Besides that I only watch when they have football or boxing on. I guess espn has its place. It's headquarters are about an hour's ride from me. I actually applied for a job their but they never got back to me, bastards

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Baseball tonight is a well done espn broadcast. Besides that I only watch when they have football or boxing on. I guess espn has its place. It's headquarters are about an hour's ride from me. I actually applied for a job their but they never got back to me, bastards
    ESPN puts politics into sports AND political correctness as well....further proof that those people have never played the games they comment on.

.....you're not effete enough to work at ESPN. Also if you're a white guy trying to become a sports broadcaster/journalist/pundit thanks but no thanks they need to fill quotas over there in Bristol.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

ESPN puts politics into sports AND political correctness as well....further proof that those people have never played the games they comment on.

.....you're not effete enough to work at ESPN. Also if you're a white guy trying to become a sports broadcaster/journalist/pundit thanks but no thanks they need to fill quotas over there in Bristol.
    Actually they were looking for a video editor or something of the like that required no experience. I just applied for shitz and giggles. I'm so out of touch with espn with the exception of the few shows I mentioned I have no idea what's going on there. Would have been interesting to get an interview anyway.

Thread Information