38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd Mayweather, Jr. interview

www.boxingtalk.com

Talks about Judah, not too pleasantly

All I could think about when I read his answer to the second question was Froggystyle's thread about him having the best internet service provider in the world

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather, Jr. interview

execellant article, oumafan

PBF is talking a lot of sense to me....seems to have his head screwed on right....

he will beat zab, an improved zab no doubt, but a victory for PBF regardless...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zab Mayweather? I didn't know Floyd was a comedian.

The stuff about Don King, well, we all know that's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF is the man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather says Zab stole his moves? Since when did Mayweather becomes Naseem Hamed and zab Chris Eubank

NEWSFLASH FLOYD you stole your father and Pernell Whitaker's moves so shut it, your style isn't even your own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I got that he thought Zab was a hot head the first time he said it - has PBF got a stutter?

Sounds like a twat to me. I don't disrespect Zab as a man, though I will tell the boxing world he's a penniless loser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Mayweather says Zab stole his moves? Since when did Mayweather becomes Naseem Hamed and zab Chris Eubank

NEWSFLASH FLOYD you stole your father and Pernell Whitaker's moves so shut it, your style isn't even your own
    actually his style is a mixture of black mambas and his fathers...making it the complete offensive and defensive package.totally creating something different...besides his father and uncle have been training him since he was three who else would he fight like...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather

actually his style is a mixture of black mambas and his fathers...making it the complete offensive and defensive package.totally creating something different...besides his father and uncle have been training him since he was three who else would he fight like...
    He fights just like his father just hits harder.but to claim anyone stole "his" moves is a bit too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see what your saying Starr.
    Mayweather owes a lot to Old School Philadelphia fighters.

I think Mayweather is just a damn good promoter when it comes to his fights. He says what people want to hear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whoaa I knew that zab was broke because of the ink he had on his back in one of his fights but being a million and a half in the hole and to top that zab has still not had a million dollar fight. its bewildering.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He fights just like his father just hits harder.but to claim anyone stole "his" moves is a bit too much.
    You know what? He might actually have a point with that...check out Judah's fights with spinks and baldomir after the first spinks fight you could clearly see that he was attempting to do something different...i.e catching punches with his shoulder....not as noticeable as DELAHOYA did against Gatti once he started training with Floyd SR. it's very visible in that fight that ODLH had definitely been working with a Mayweather....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did notice Zab trying more of the shoulder rolls versus Baldomir but Floyd's been doing it so long that he's more natural with it. Seems like a Michigan thing with PBF's style, cause the defensive styles of PBF and Toney are fairly similar

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree in that any move that keeps a fighter from getting hit or provides and opportunity to land a punch should be freely included any fighters repetoir. However i dont think you can accuse the man of stealing something from his father that was taught to him for practically his entire youth. Its not like he really had a choice, even if his first words woud've been "Marvin Hagler", he still probably would have been trained as the fighter he is today. In that respect, I would say he does have a point or at least has a more natural claim to his style that someone who switches over occasionally to raid the styles of its virtues but doesnt fully commit.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information