Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  82
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 265

Thread: Conspiracy theories

Share/Bookmark
  1. #241
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    9,497
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    372
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Some conspiracy theories are actually just schizophrenic hallucinations or psychiatric delusional beliefs.

    Others have some degree of credibility. Just take the belief in heaven and hell, that could be one of the biggest conspiracy theories of all time if you think about it. It has to be accepted on faith only and nobody here I believe at least on this forum haha has ever seen heaven or hell literally jokes aside, or aliens or UFOs or any of this stuff and yet so many people believe in that.

    When was the last time we called any religious person a conspiracy theorist for believing in heaven or hell or purgatory?
    They have a lot in common. The whole idea of Religion is based on the idea that people are privvy to some secret knowledge that somehow makes them more special than you. That religious belief systems still exist in 2024 astonishes me.

    What kind of feeble God would not only punish generations of children for what their great grandparents 1000 generations removed did? But then also be so needy that despite being omnipotent they would insist on being worshipped?

    It's just a form of control and a way to keep weak and stupid men in power.
    i agree religion is just another fear based control system. it's a delusion. exposing lies & holes in narratives is not the same thing
    It's exactly the same thing. You think you are privvy to some special knowledge that makes you better than others. Look at your signature having a pop at Titofan and the obsessive way you have to use my name despite me hardly posting here.

    Pretty weak.
    they are completely different. i don't think i'm privy to some special knowledge that makes me better than others. my signaure shows the reasoning of someone who will claim something is a fact, that isn't & then contradict that made up fact. & what's wrong with using your name larry?


    I'm not gonna get into another never ending cycle of back-and-forth tit for tat here.

    Suffice it to say this.

    You say to most boxing fans that GGG fought his entire career at middleweight... then someone brings up his one obscure fight at 163 pounds as some hilarious vindication and proof that he didn't... and that someone will get laughed out of the room.

    Fact is you were trying to justify Ginger dragging GGG up to super middle, when in reality he HAD fought his entire career at middleweight.

    Picking on insignificant and inconsequential details to try and derail an argument is just sad, dude.

    I don't see signatures on my feed, as I disabled that option... so I wasn't even aware of your sig.

    Nice to know I'm still living rent-free, though.
    you said "the fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career". it wasn't a fact, which you confirmed by contradicting yourself when you said "GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight". i wasn't trying to justify anything, just that it wasn't a fact that ggg had fought his entire career at 160. the only argument is that you made up a fact, that was wrong & you even contradicted your own fact. the signature just shows someone's poor reasoning

    It don't matter, really.

    But pick out 100 random people, boxing fans preferably.

    Ask them whether they feel GGG fought at middleweight his entire career. Feel free to mention the one fight where he weighed 163.

    10 to 1 the vast majority of them would say GGG fought his entire career at MW.

    But hey... that's just my opinion.



    (BTW, the fact of the matter is Ginger DID drag a 40-year old man up to super middle... a weight he never fought at).
    it matters. pick 100 random people, boxing fans preferably. ask them whether it's a fact ggg fought at 160 his entire career. feel free to mention the one fight where he weighed 163. if anyone agreed it was a fact they would be wrong

    btw, i agree canelo dragged a 40-year old man up to super middleweight... but you are wrong that ggg had never fought at super middleweight. what weight division is 163 within again?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    26,093
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1956
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Some conspiracy theories are actually just schizophrenic hallucinations or psychiatric delusional beliefs.

    Others have some degree of credibility. Just take the belief in heaven and hell, that could be one of the biggest conspiracy theories of all time if you think about it. It has to be accepted on faith only and nobody here I believe at least on this forum haha has ever seen heaven or hell literally jokes aside, or aliens or UFOs or any of this stuff and yet so many people believe in that.

    When was the last time we called any religious person a conspiracy theorist for believing in heaven or hell or purgatory?
    They have a lot in common. The whole idea of Religion is based on the idea that people are privvy to some secret knowledge that somehow makes them more special than you. That religious belief systems still exist in 2024 astonishes me.

    What kind of feeble God would not only punish generations of children for what their great grandparents 1000 generations removed did? But then also be so needy that despite being omnipotent they would insist on being worshipped?

    It's just a form of control and a way to keep weak and stupid men in power.
    i agree religion is just another fear based control system. it's a delusion. exposing lies & holes in narratives is not the same thing
    It's exactly the same thing. You think you are privvy to some special knowledge that makes you better than others. Look at your signature having a pop at Titofan and the obsessive way you have to use my name despite me hardly posting here.

    Pretty weak.
    they are completely different. i don't think i'm privy to some special knowledge that makes me better than others. my signaure shows the reasoning of someone who will claim something is a fact, that isn't & then contradict that made up fact. & what's wrong with using your name larry?


    I'm not gonna get into another never ending cycle of back-and-forth tit for tat here.

    Suffice it to say this.

    You say to most boxing fans that GGG fought his entire career at middleweight... then someone brings up his one obscure fight at 163 pounds as some hilarious vindication and proof that he didn't... and that someone will get laughed out of the room.

    Fact is you were trying to justify Ginger dragging GGG up to super middle, when in reality he HAD fought his entire career at middleweight.

    Picking on insignificant and inconsequential details to try and derail an argument is just sad, dude.

    I don't see signatures on my feed, as I disabled that option... so I wasn't even aware of your sig.

    Nice to know I'm still living rent-free, though.
    you said "the fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career". it wasn't a fact, which you confirmed by contradicting yourself when you said "GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight". i wasn't trying to justify anything, just that it wasn't a fact that ggg had fought his entire career at 160. the only argument is that you made up a fact, that was wrong & you even contradicted your own fact. the signature just shows someone's poor reasoning

    It don't matter, really.

    But pick out 100 random people, boxing fans preferably.

    Ask them whether they feel GGG fought at middleweight his entire career. Feel free to mention the one fight where he weighed 163.

    10 to 1 the vast majority of them would say GGG fought his entire career at MW.

    But hey... that's just my opinion.



    (BTW, the fact of the matter is Ginger DID drag a 40-year old man up to super middle... a weight he never fought at).
    it matters. pick 100 random people, boxing fans preferably. ask them whether it's a fact ggg fought at 160 his entire career. feel free to mention the one fight where he weighed 163. if anyone agreed it was a fact they would be wrong

    btw, i agree canelo dragged a 40-year old man up to super middleweight... but you are wrong that ggg had never fought at super middleweight. what weight division is 163 within again?


    Would it have made you happy if I had added the word "practically"?

    I'm all about making people happy.



    The important thing is that both you and I know what I mean.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    45,848
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    5047
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    Random but never really put that together. I mean even the greatest of career middles had a pound or two over they fought at once or twice. Can't really think of calling them anything other than great career middleweights tbf .

  4. #244
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    9,497
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    372
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Random but never really put that together. I mean even the greatest of career middles had a pound or two over they fought at once or twice. Can't really think of calling them anything other than great career middleweights tbf .
    nothing to do with the question. is it a fact ggg fought his entire career at 160?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    45,848
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    5047
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Random but never really put that together. I mean even the greatest of career middles had a pound or two over they fought at once or twice. Can't really think of calling them anything other than great career middleweights tbf .
    nothing to do with the question. is it a fact ggg fought his entire career at 160?
    Bud honestly, it's a big example of splitting hairs to me. Just my unasked for two cents, I get it. And I'm not peeling back thru all the discussion you gents had there . I just didn't realize that was reason behind the sig until mentioned.

    As a boxing fan for as long as I've been just like all of us, all I can tell you is if a question is poised talking overall career/division pertaining to any division or fighter...160 i.e middleweight division it's with the knowledge of a guy's full work. When you talk "entire career 160" you seem to be counting down to grams, 1,2,3 lbs in a random tune up to find the very narrow exception. Literally the #. When I talk "entire career 160" it's considering a fighter's literal overall record and middle division/weight worn and fought at. I don't think a one-off technicality equals to a fighter's literal full career. Cleraly one outweighs the other. Was he 163 for hapless Rolls, yeh. But do I consider Golovkin a "career middleweight" (until Canelo III) yes. And honestly would it have mattered at that point, doubt it.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 04-10-2024 at 01:04 AM.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    26,093
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1956
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Random but never really put that together. I mean even the greatest of career middles had a pound or two over they fought at once or twice. Can't really think of calling them anything other than great career middleweights tbf .
    nothing to do with the question. is it a fact ggg fought his entire career at 160?
    Bud honestly, it's a big example of splitting hairs to me. Just my unasked for two cents, I get it. And I'm not peeling back thru all the discussion you gents had there . I just didn't realize that was reason behind the sig until mentioned.

    As a boxing fan for as long as I've been just like all of us, all I can tell you is if a question is poised talking overall career/division pertaining to any division or fighter...160 i.e middleweight division it's with the knowledge of a guy's full work. When you talk "entire career 160" you seem to be counting down to grams, 1,2,3 lbs in a random tune up to find the very narrow exception. Literally the #. When I talk "entire career 160" it's considering a fighter's literal overall record and middle division/weight worn and fought at. I don't think a one-off technicality equals to a fighter's literal full career. Cleraly one outweighs the other. Was he 163 for hapless Rolls, yeh. But do I consider Golovkin a "career middleweight" (until Canelo III) yes. And honestly would it have mattered at that point, doubt it.


    I still think he would've been happy had I added the word "practically" in there.

    Still... my point stands (regardless of the hairs being split).

    Ginger dragged a 40-year old career middleweight up to super middle, in yet another pathetic show of cherry-picking at its best.

    No amount of "gram or ounce counting" is going to dispel that fact.

    The fact that this even merits a discussion just shows how desperate "Ginger-defending" can get.

    Cheers.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    5,550
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    278
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Random but never really put that together. I mean even the greatest of career middles had a pound or two over they fought at once or twice. Can't really think of calling them anything other than great career middleweights tbf .
    nothing to do with the question. is it a fact ggg fought his entire career at 160?
    Bud honestly, it's a big example of splitting hairs to me. Just my unasked for two cents, I get it. And I'm not peeling back thru all the discussion you gents had there . I just didn't realize that was reason behind the sig until mentioned.

    As a boxing fan for as long as I've been just like all of us, all I can tell you is if a question is poised talking overall career/division pertaining to any division or fighter...160 i.e middleweight division it's with the knowledge of a guy's full work. When you talk "entire career 160" you seem to be counting down to grams, 1,2,3 lbs in a random tune up to find the very narrow exception. Literally the #. When I talk "entire career 160" it's considering a fighter's literal overall record and middle division/weight worn and fought at. I don't think a one-off technicality equals to a fighter's literal full career. Cleraly one outweighs the other. Was he 163 for hapless Rolls, yeh. But do I consider Golovkin a "career middleweight" (until Canelo III) yes. And honestly would it have mattered at that point, doubt it.


    I still think he would've been happy had I added the word "practically" in there.

    Still... my point stands (regardless of the hairs being split).

    Ginger dragged a 40-year old career middleweight up to super middle, in yet another pathetic show of cherry-picking at its best.

    No amount of "gram or ounce counting" is going to dispel that fact.

    The fact that this even merits a discussion just shows how desperate "Ginger-defending" can get.

    Cheers.
    It's a good point. The word ~practically~ would have probably hit the spot. The same thing is happening over on the Tyson Fury thread with Primo. He seems fixated on deliberately misusing words or, even more oddly, invents new definitions for words. A mere knockdown becomes a "pole axe"; or winning a close victory becomes being "beaten". Perhaps worst of all, getting 50 stitches is a sign of "not being an all time great boxer".

    It's even beyond splitting hairs.

    It's, frankly, cognitive dissonance.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 04-10-2024 at 04:01 AM.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    9,497
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    372
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    [QUOTE=Spicoli;1664896][QUOTE=TIC;1664889]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Was he 163 for hapless Rolls, yeh. But do I consider Golovkin a "career middleweight" (until Canelo III) yes
    i also consider ggg a career middleweight but that dosn't make it a fact that he fought his entire career at 160. what weight division was the steve rolls fight within?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    5,550
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    278
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    #Fact:

    Tyson Fury DESTROYS Usyk's body

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    45,848
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    5047
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    [QUOTE=TIC;1664918][QUOTE=Spicoli;1664896]
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Was he 163 for hapless Rolls, yeh. But do I consider Golovkin a "career middleweight" (until Canelo III) yes
    i also consider ggg a career middleweight but that dosn't make it a fact that he fought his entire career at 160. what weight division was the steve rolls fight within?
    Well see man that is where it gets so silly, the semantics and "technicalities" in boxing that is. At the time it was literally a catchweight with max allowed weight of 164, no more. Technically (gotta love boxing ) that is neither legit middleweight or legit spr middle. It's just silly shit, CW's in general, that was pretty pointless when the real story was his Dazn signing, ring return etc. No one cared. People can call it super middle, middle or a predictable 164 mismatch. Hey at least there wasn't a new division belt created for it . On a side also noticed Golovkin had two fights at 161 early career but can't recall the names if I was paid to.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    9,497
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    372
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    [QUOTE=Spicoli;1664927][QUOTE=TIC;1664918]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Was he 163 for hapless Rolls, yeh. But do I consider Golovkin a "career middleweight" (until Canelo III) yes
    i also consider ggg a career middleweight but that dosn't make it a fact that he fought his entire career at 160. what weight division was the steve rolls fight within?
    Well see man that is where it gets so silly, the semantics and "technicalities" in boxing that is. At the time it was literally a catchweight with max allowed weight of 164, no more. Technically (gotta love boxing ) that is neither legit middleweight or legit spr middle. It's just silly shit, CW's in general, that was pretty pointless when the real story was his Dazn signing, ring return etc. No one cared. People can call it super middle, middle or a predictable 164 mismatch. Hey at least there wasn't a new division belt created for it . On a side also noticed Golovkin had two fights at 161 early career but can't recall the names if I was paid to.
    nah it gets silly when something is claimed to be a fact, when it isn't. so what weight division was the ggg v steve rolls fought within? ggg having other fights above 160 makes it even more ridiculous to claim it's a fact that he fought his entire career at 160
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    26,093
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1956
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    Wow.

    You still harping on that shit, bro? (LMAO)

    The only "silly" and "ridiculous" aspects here are a defense of Canelo dragging a CAREER middleweight up to 168 for the first time ever. A career middleweight, mind you, who was totally over the hill at 40 years of age. A career middleweight who got blatantly ROBBED in his 1st fight with Canelo... and decides to try it again... in VEGAS, still.

    The silly and ridiculous part is using the technicality of one fight at 163 to somehow make the argument that there is no weight or size advantage for Canelo.

    You see... when a person is reduced to picking at an insignificant, shitty detail such as that one... to make a point... not only is it silly and ridiculous. It's downright embarrassing and pathetic.

    So we'll work on your "I Was Right" trophy... while secretly chuckling at your argument that, because Golovkin fought at 163 ONE TIME... that it somehow makes your defense of Canelo valid.

    Will a trophy suffice?
    Maybe a plaque or something?
    How about an autographed picture of me saying "You're right"?

    I'm all about pleasing my fellow Saddo'ers.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    26,093
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1956
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    You know what, bro?

    I was going to leave it there. But I'm gonna say what I should've said a long time ago.

    From your sig (which I had to log out to see), I gather that... "The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career"... is an exact quote. I'll take your word for it, 'cause I can't be bothered to go dredging through old posts.

    Let me give you a free lesson in adult conversational arguments, and/or logical thinking.

    Had I said...

    "GGG fought at 160 in every single one of his fights."

    Or... "GGG never weighed in at more than 160 for any of his fights."

    You would've had a valid point.

    But the statement that GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career, is a true statement that is understood as such by most adult-filled audiences, who understand the true meaning of a statement.

    The use of "160" is synonymous with saying "middleweight." So I could've just as well said... "The fact is GGG has fought at middleweight for his entire career."

    The thing is... you KNOW what the fuck I mean. The fact you're picking at one fight where he weighed 163 is pretty pathetic, if you ask me.

    The fact that this even merits discussion is pretty pathetic also.

    But hey... you're a COVID denier. So I don't expect any of this to actually get through.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    5,550
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    278
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    This HAS to be the longest running back and forth in recent forum memory. I feel it hinges on the old idiomatic expression "failing to see the forest for the trees".

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8,048
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    698
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    This HAS to be the longest running back and forth in recent forum memory. I feel it hinges on the old idiomatic expression "failing to see the forest for the trees".
    And over so many different Threads.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Predictive theories of boxing matches
    By SugarBoxing in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 05:12 AM
  2. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 04:40 PM
  3. Random Observations, comments and Theories.
    By donnydarkoIRL in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 04:55 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Saddo Boxing - Boxing