Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thurman would have KO'd Floyd and Floyd knows that

Floyd would have won the early rounds but Thurman would have caught up with him and bombed him out, he was too relentless and strong for Floyd, that's why Floyd chose his opponents wisely and stayed away from guys like Thurman, Brook, and Porter.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thurman would have KO'd Floyd and Floyd knows that

First it was Kell would beat Floyd now Thurman?

Thurman, Brook and Porter were not anybody when Floyd was fighting.

I would love a ring rusty Floyd to come back now and see if he could beat Thurman or winner Brook/Spence but Floyd will not. He will take the easier option.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Thurman, Brook and Porter were not anybody when Floyd was fighting.

I would love a ring rusty Floyd to come back now and see if he could beat Thurman or winner Brook/Spence but Floyd will not. He will take the easier option.
    Come on Master?!

So Canelo was an easy option?

When will this stop?

Brook or Thurman wouldn't even beat Pac.

Pac is still the gatekeeper for the best at 147..Floyd is happily retired and filthy rich.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have just defended Floyd which felt horrible.

Thurman would beat Pac as he did Garcia which you thought was the man to face Floyd.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see why that is puzzling you. I never said "Forget what I said about Kell, it's THURMAN who would beat Floyd!"

I'm saying BOTH of them would have mopped the floor with Chicken Mayweather

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    Floyd would have won the early rounds but Thurman would have caught up with him and bombed him out, he was too relentless and strong for Floyd, that's why Floyd chose his opponents wisely and stayed away from guys like Thurman, Brook, and Porter.
    To be honest. Not only would a Mayweather - Thurman fight be a 120-107 UD for Mayweather. I don't see Thurman beating a lot Money's victims. Thurman would not beat Canelo, or the Cotto that money fought, or the Mosely that Money fought or the Pac-Man that money fought or the JMM that money fought

But if Thurman goes out and takes care of the likes Lubin, Spence, Charlo, Andreade, Brook.

And beat top level guys for the next five or six years as Money did, then I may take seriously your claim.

Thurman also needs to be more active. Fighting once a year won't cut it.

I don't know were you get this idea of Thurman as a massive puncher. He can crack but he is not a "1 hitter quitter" type puncher his "One time" nickname makes him out to be.

As to the fight last night ? The split decision was a joke. Thurman won decisively. I think the crooked scoring was to justify a rematch for Garcia but Keith needs to move on. Glad Danny wasn't given another bogus decision.

The blueprint to beat Danny is set: footwork footwork footwork.

Danny is extremely flat footed and can't cut the ring properly. He’s just too small for the division but he has a hell of a chin. At 140 he had an A level resume. At 147 he is just another good fighter.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You got that from last night's fight? After Thurman gassed and ran around the last few rounds, you think that Thurman would come on strong at the end against Floyd?

It wouldn't even be close. Thurman has nowhere near the boxing ability to beat Floyd.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think the OP watches boxing. If he does he certainly doesn't understand it. Thurman coming on, he has never come on in his career. He's a 3 round fighter. If he doesn't have complete control by then he runs because he can't think.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The OP is going through a crisis and should be ignored.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime Floyd stops both Garcia and Thurman, unless Keith goes into survival mode early and limps to the final bell. Floyd was too fast and gifted for both, and on another level in terms of boxing I.Q. and skills/technique. These were good, solid, young fighters, but neither are particularly spectacular and both have GLARING flaws. I applaud them for fighting each other and risking their belts/undefeated status, but this fight was nowhere near the level of skill and competition displayed in Leonard vs Hearns, or Oscar vs Tito (or Whitaker vs Oscar/Chavez, Oscar vs Mosely...etc.).

I'm hoping that Spence proves to be the real thing (he has to get by Brook to prove it), and that Crawford can grow into the weight class for a superfight. If I see anyone who has a chance to beat a prime Floyd at this time, Spence is the only one, and that is a stretch based off how he has looked against inferior competition (he may still prove to be a hype job, although I doubt that he is/will). I don't see Thurman beating any version of Floyd.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd would never stop a top welterweight because he does not punch that hard and if he wins it would be on points.

A ring rusty Floyd v Thurman now would be interesting challenge for the money man.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd would never stop a top welterweight because he does not punch that hard and if he wins it would be on points.

A ring rusty Floyd v Thurman now would be interesting challenge for the money man.
    I see your point, but will have to disagree with you (respectfully, of course!). Garcia, in my opinion, is really a 140 pounder who is MUCH slower than a prime Floyd. That fight would resemble Gatti vs. Floyd, where Floyd would start cautiously due to Danny's power, and then as he became frustrated/tired, Floyd would pick up the pace and start landing multi punch combos for the stoppage.

Thurman is a good/full sized Welter, but he consistently wilts late in fights and I don't see him as durable as the welters Floyd couldn't stop (Mosely, Baldy...etc.). As I said in the original post, if Keith goes into survival mode early he goes the distance (still struggles to hear the final bell like Judah/Mosely), but if he presses for the win, I see Floyd picking him apart for the late stoppage. I just feel Floyd was on a completely different level than both of those guys.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post

I see your point, but will have to disagree with you (respectfully, of course!). Garcia, in my opinion, is really a 140 pounder who is MUCH slower than a prime Floyd. That fight would resemble Gatti vs. Floyd, where Floyd would start cautiously due to Danny's power, and then as he became frustrated/tired, Floyd would pick up the pace and start landing multi punch combos for the stoppage.

Thurman is a good/full sized Welter, but he consistently wilts late in fights and I don't see him as durable as the welters Floyd couldn't stop (Mosely, Baldy...etc.). As I said in the original post, if Keith goes into survival mode early he goes the distance (still struggles to hear the final bell like Judah/Mosely), but if he presses for the win, I see Floyd picking him apart for the late stoppage. I just feel Floyd was on a completely different level than both of those guys.
    True, Floyd was on a different level to Thurman and Garcia, who could still improve, but both are naturally bigger men than Floyd and just can not see Mayweather stop them.

Garcia and Thurman showed good chins Saturday evening and if old Shane and limited Baldy can see 12 rounds against Floyd then so could these two.

I know I am nit picking but do not want people to think Floyd was a stoppage artist at the weight. At the lower weights yes he was but not at welterweight.

I could not see Floyd do a "Gatti" on Garcia. Danny is a far better fighter with better boxing fundamentals.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The OP is going through a crisis and should be ignored.
    I apologise for starting this silly thread.

I think I do need to take my pills.
    Last edited by Master; 03-07-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How desperate are we to see Floyd get beat that we are talking him out of retirement at 40 years old to fight a guy who is arguably the best in the division in his prime . and you know what, Floyd beats him , even at 40, winning nearly every round.
    LET IT GO FFS!!! Floyd is retired and he ain't coming back. Let some of these guys earn the right to be "The Man" off their own back rather than riding on the back of the PBF Bandwagon.

Thread Information