Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hearns vs jones junior

P4P .... Who wins? How does the fight play out? Usually id put an opinion but i really have no idea here!

If it was 15 rounds does this make it more in Jones favour?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hearns vs jones junior

Hearns KO 1 as he did James Shuler.

Hearns only lost to the greatest fighters at his very best.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Roy lasts a little longer, but yes he loses by KO. P4P, Roy would be respectful of Hearns' lights-out power and would likely try and win a boxing match. Sooner or later though, that carelessness he showed sometimes would betray him, and Hearns would catch him.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Bit harsh on Roy isn't it ? Who EVER KO'd Roy in round 1 when he was at his peak?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Bit harsh on Roy isn't it ? Who EVER KO'd Roy in round 1 when he was at his peak?
    I thought he meant Junior Jones!!!!!!

There is another thread on Roy Jones Jr.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another interesting fight. Roy struggled a bit with Harding and Tarver, largely due to their boxing skills and great jabs. Hearns was a master boxer and scary puncher, but he could get caught and hurt himself (Barkley, Leonard, Hagler...etc.). I lean ever so slightly to Hearns in this one, but can see Roy breaking through with a hard counter and winning the fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Another interesting fight. Roy struggled a bit with Harding and Tarver, largely due to their boxing skills and great jabs. Hearns was a master boxer and scary puncher, but he could get caught and hurt himself (Barkley, Leonard, Hagler...etc.). I lean ever so slightly to Hearns in this one, but can see Roy breaking through with a hard counter and winning the fight.
    I see Hearns right hand landing Glenn Johnson style.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought it was Junior Jones too . Ironically he had tons of that Hearns comparison heaped on him early. I like Hearns punching harder and straighter than Roy and time the reflexes.

@Master mate, don't do that
    Last edited by Spicoli; 12-26-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see that. I can also see Roy landing s big left hook like Barkley did. As I said, it’s a great match up. Hearns vs Toney and McAllum are equally fascinating for me. Tommy was just enough monster, just enough skill, just enough talent, and just enough vulnerable to make any fight vs formidable comp exciting.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see that. I can also see Roy landing s big left hook like Barkley did. As I said, it’s a great match up. Hearns vs Toney and McAllum are equally fascinating for me. Tommy was just enough monster, just enough skill, just enough talent, and just enough vulnerable to make any fight vs formidable comp exciting.
    McCallum trained at the Kronk and wanted Duran. The story goes Manny Steward saved him for Hearns which the body snatcher resented and left them. I am sure McCallum and Hearns must have sparred. That would have been brilliant to watch.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearns was great. Roy was the greatest. He wouldn’t have lost to a blown up welter or been hit by that lethal right hand.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Hearns was great. Roy was the greatest. He wouldn’t have lost to a blown up welter or been hit by that lethal right hand.
    P4p would be Hearns at welterweight carrying his height and reach advantages to supermiddle with the right hand power.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

P4p would be Hearns at welterweight carrying his height and reach advantages to supermiddle with the right hand power.
    Doug Dewitt took it well at super middle. I’d imagine Roy facing him there or more likely light heavy. Regardless, all time Roy is greater. Hearns was much more hitable in his prime than Roy was in his. Also couldn’t take roy’s power imo.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doug Dewitt took it well at super middle. I’d imagine Roy facing him there or more likely light heavy. Regardless, all time Roy is greater. Hearns was much more hitable in his prime than Roy was in his. Also couldn’t take roy’s power imo.
    I said P4P Hearns would beat Roy. Tommy went through the weights with ease but at Roy Jones weight then he would win.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said P4P Hearns would beat Roy. Tommy went through the weights with ease but at Roy Jones weight then he would win.
    The shrinking them down n modifying attributes accordingly is a crazy way to look at it imo. I’ve always seen P4P as who is currently the very best boxer overall.

Thread Information