948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    the op is now NULL AND VOID
    Not really a publicity stunt is not a real offer.

No Date

No TV,

No Venue.

No money on the table

24hrs to sign

No chance

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/bo...A%3A+Boxing%29
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Wilder should NOT fight in the UK with all those dodgy British stoppages. It ruins fights every time. If Pac Marquez 1 was in the UK we would never have seen a great trilogy. It would have been over in a minute. You don't want to fight in a place that won't let you fight.
    true uk is bogus
    The UK is the home of boxing and tight now it is thriving here. Most would celebrate that as a positive for boxing which we all love. If like you have demonstrated, you don't much care for it, take it seriously or show it any respect, then maybe you should go and post on a wrasslin forum and do us all a favour. Sling your hook
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The UK has a lot of boxing going on, but you have got to admit Pac/Marquez would not have been a rivalry were it to happen there. That Khan stoppage was ridiculous and sums it all up very well. Wilder should not travel for that and I stand by that. He just needs to get hit and there is every chance it is over. Ortiz had a shot and in the UK that would likely have seen Wilder stopped.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shelly Finkel, co-manager and negotiation representative of Deontay Wilder has promised Eddie Hearn the $50m offer made to Anthony Joshua is a genuine one.

Wilder emailed a $50m guarantee to Joshua on Wednesday evening for a massive undisputed unification clash in Las Vegas this year.
    Upon receiving the deal, Hearn revealed his scepticism of how realistic their intentions were, only for Finkel to speak directly to Sky Sports Head of Boxing Adam Smith on the matter to confirm it was.
    "We want (Anthony Joshua) to fight Deontay in his next fight and we offered him $50m," Finkel told Sky Sports.
    "If he accepts it, it will be there. Al Haymon and I have never not delivered what we've offered."
    On Joshua's previous comments that he would accept a straight $50m purse for the encounter, Finkel added: "If he doesn't accept, 97% of the fans will ask whether he really wants to take this fight.
    "We were offered $12.5m (£8.8m) to fight him but we have offered four times that. If he says he is not going to take $50m, it means he doesn't really want to fight him next.
    "It was $50m against 50 per cent. He said, 'get me $50m against 50 per cent and I'll take it the next day, I swear'."
    The ball is now firmly in Joshua's court as the deadline of Friday morning (UK time) looms as Hearn prepares to meet with Finkel in New York.
    READ: 'GIVE ME $50m and I'LL TAKE IT!' - Words could haunt Joshua as Wilder takes a strategic gamble
    Joshua would not only get $50m but whatever the final Pay-Per-View outcome of the fight amounted to, which depends on the promotion and pricing of the event.
    The T-Mobile Arena in Nevada is the favored venue to maximise revenue for what would be the biggest heavyweight fight since Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson shared the ring in 2002.
    Fans are waiting with baited breath for Joshua to decide whether he will adhere to Wilder's terms having previously offered only $12.5m himself.
    Any agreement late on Thursday should be enough to fend off the advances of Alexander Povetkin and promoter Andrey Ryabinskiy, who want a WBA mandatory chance confirmed through a scheduled May 4 purse bid.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018/...on-is-at-stake

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

50 million will mean his family won't starve. Surely Joshua has to think of his family and take the fight. Surely they can compromise and have the fight somewhere neutral like Texas.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder KO 7 UNLESS LITTLE ANTHONY MAKES EXCUSES

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Basically Wilders consortium claim that Al Haymon can guarantee the money side of things and that it'll be in Vegas.

VERY Clever move and they've called Joshuas bluff big time here, problem is that AJ is under a strict and unbreakable contract to honour his tv rights.

If that hurdle can be overcome and everything coming out of the USA is infact true then AJ has to take this offer or he's gonna look like he's the one dodging Wilder.

Wilders Instagram video to AJ
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BiAcB1SH...y=bronzebomber
    Last edited by smashup; 04-27-2018 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thoughts on Wilder v Joshua!

1. I think the fight should not be held in the US OR UK. But a neutral venue, like South Africa, Germany or Macao.

2. Judges should be from other countries not the US or UK.

3. All the belts should be on the line.

4. This fight should happen for early 2019 if not late 2018.

5. Both men, aside from one tune up, should not fight any dangerous opponent until they fight one another.

6. Both men can and should be able to generate over $50 mil USD each for fight.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Basically Wilders consortium claim that Al Haymon can guarantee the money side of things and that it'll be in Vegas.

VERY Clever move and they've called Joshuas bluff big time here, problem is that AJ is under a strict and unbreakable contract to honour his tv rights.

If that hurdle can be overcome and everything coming out of the USA is infact true then AJ has to take this offer or he's gonna look like he's the one dodging Wilder.

God Wilder sounds like a retard. I don't think they have the money at all, it's just a way of avoiding meeting up with Hearn and being held to a real deal. If it happens then great but the lack of a rematch clause etc sets alarm bells ringing. Something not right there. Why would they throw away the chance of a lucrative rematch? Why did they say nothing for like two weeks?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

God Wilder sounds like a retard. I don't think they have the money at all, it's just a way of avoiding meeting up with Hearn and being held to a real deal. If it happens then great but the lack of a rematch clause etc sets alarm bells ringing. Something not right there. Why would they throw away the chance of a lucrative rematch? Why did they say nothing for like two weeks?
    They were trying to raise the money, think Titofan helped.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thoughts on Wilder v Joshua!

I agree with everything there except for the tune-ups. I also disagree with 2019. Just fight should happen no later than September. they can start training in late June and still get in a good 12 weeks of training camp

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is what i can't understand about Wilders team claiming the money is all set and in place.......

This fight (In Vegas) generates money mostly by TV revenue and ticket sales...

Wilder can't even sell out the Barclays centre and against Ortiz pulled in just over 14,000

Wilder isn't (yet) Box Office and he's with Showtime and like fuck are they fronting up the cash for this

Joshua is not box office (yet) in the USA

So basically who in the USA is actually fronting all this money?

I'd like it to be true because i want to see AJ v Wilder next while both are in their prime but i just cannot see where the $$$$ is coming from?

Thread Information