Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ITV Box Office will broadcast Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman world title fight

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ITV Box Office will broadcast Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman world title fight

Piss take ITV making this PPV
    Decent card though!

http://britishboxingnews.co.uk/blogs...ld-title-fight

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ITV Box Office will broadcast Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman world title fight

Boxing PPV market is saturated and overpriced. No wonder it is not a mainstream sport anymore.

Then the same TV companies cry when people use illegal streams.
    Last edited by Master; 07-03-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ITV Box Office will broadcast Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman world title fight

What I find funny is apps trying to nickel and dime you to death. It’s just 20$ and look at all the bad fights we’ll give you. But you also need this other service to get these other bad fights. Oh, and this other service for these other bad fights. Wait, where do I get the good fights, oh they’re coming, I just have to pay and pay and pay but eventually.

What f’n dopes they think boxing fans are. And maybe they are. But I like deciding what I think is worth my money and paying for that, not some board room deciding what’s worth my money.

I hope these streaming services and their crap feeds continue to lose boatloads of money(looking at you DAZN and your 450k subscribers haha haha) and we get back to watching fights on television where you can see every bit of blood as god intended.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ITV are going about dipping their toes back in the Boxing Market in a very Peculiar (and wrong imo) way. I mean , Pac/Thurman is a very decent fight and ordinarily, I would love to watch it. But I ain't shelling out £20 and getting up at 4am to watch it , and I'm not sure who will. They also flagshipped Eubank Jr. and started making him ppv, and that didn't get bites either .
    Hey , I might be wrong, maybe the mainstream fans are even more gullible than I think and will lap this up.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes this seems a strange move.

As said other than serious hardcore Pac fans who's going to pay for this one in UK ??

I just wish Pac would retire now like the rest of us.

I wouldn't pay for this one and even if it was on at 8pm for free I'd probably just have it on on the ipad whilst watching something else.

Will be interested to see the ppv sales - if they reveal it.......
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ITV have been doing regular PPV for the past couple of years, it clearly pays otherwise they would have binned it when everyone was complaining about Eubank and the WBSS.

They're not a subscription service, like SKY and BT, so have no-one to answer to, they're not invested in developing ANY British talent (like Sky).

Also ITV4 is fantastic for Snooker and Racing. The Snooker finals average around a million viewers for the finals alone (7-day events), Ronnie O'Sullivan beat that per match earlier in the year - and they advertise the shit out of their boxing events on those shows, constant adverts and constant plugs by the presenters, so imagine what the football shows do.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information