0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should England ban private schools

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah you're right rampant illegal immigration wouldn't have anything to do with wage stagnation.

I do so love the contempt that you respond to me with. Every time. It's lovely, I must really irk you...and that just warms my heart
    Massive illegal immigration doesn't have anything to do with wage stagnation. If mass immigration over the southern border was bad for the American economy there'd be a double hundred foot wall between the Atlantic and the Pacific with a patrolled road in between the two walls. The highest level of immigration relative to population America has ever seen in the two hundred years of mass immigration over the southern border came after WW2 due to the booming economy, a time when America weas growing at five percent a year.

The reason wages weren't stagnating then was the way the economy was set up -- strong unions meant that American labour got a much bigger piece of the national income pie than they do now and the ninety one percent top rate of tax helped keep a lid on inequality and the damaging economic effects of too big a percentage of national income being pumped into assets held by a handful of people. Prosperity was broadly shared and despite the huge numbers of wetbacks coming ober the border everybody did well in those decades. Wages only started to stagnate with the advent of Reagan and supply side economic policies which have slowed economic growth for everybody, created massive inequality of wealth and stagnated wages for forty years now, Trump's tax cut being the latest example of supply side failure.

Mass immigration boosts economic growth and there are hundreds of years of evidence to prove this. Stagnant wages are not caused by mass immigration, they're caused by the economic policies of the political party who use immigration as an excuse for the ongoing unrelenting unbroken forty year failure* of their economic policies. This has been explained to you before in much greater detail but facts and evidence just bounce off you which is one of the reasons I have so much contempt for you.

*But not failure for the people behind those policies! For those people these policies are an incredible success!

It’s not about money it’s about votes. Why would people argue not to protect our border?
    Running a popular right wing movement on behalf of a bunch of plutocrats is no easy thing. You've got to use everything you've got whether it's furriners, abortion, god gays and guns and whatever else in order to get enough votes so you can then rob and loot the country while tossing enough red meat at these idiots to keep them distracted while you get on with the looting.
    In the US we call it bread and circus

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Should England ban private schools

OUT: Banning Private Schools

IN: Banning Packed Lunches!

Should pupils be banned from bringing a packed lunch and be forced to have school dinners
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...nches-18844589
    University lecturer Amy, mum to Rosie, 15, and 11-year-old Tommy says: “I confess – I have struggled to get my kids to eat a range of foods.

“They do eat fruit and veg every day but it’s nearly always the same round of carrots, frozen peas and apple slices.

"The day I found out baked beans counted as one of your five-a-day was one of the happiest of my parenting life.

“I really have tried but it is dispiriting to spend an hour cooking vegetable rissoles only to have your customers fall off their chairs and weep on the floor.

“I’m a busy working mum: I don’t have time to waste and I don’t want to throw away food.

"The result is the tiny number of meals that fit into the Venn diagram of healthy, quick, cheap and which both kids will eat.

"Lunchboxes end up being a sandwich, or crackers and soft cheese, raisins or apple slices again, plus a biscuit or treat.

"There’s nothing wrong with it, but it’s not teaching a love of variety either.

"Children learn to try new things when they see their friends eating them. If they don’t like it, they can pick at the fruit and no-one has to get upset.

“But there’s one important catch: in Italy a teacher sits on every table and eats the same food as the kids.

"That’s the guarantee of quality. If it’s not good enough for the staff, it’s not good enough for the pupils.”

Thread Information