121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford Vs Charlo at 154

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    What happens?
    Who knows? It sounds odd. I think Crawford outboxes Charlo... But who knows?
    Last edited by ykdadamaja; 08-02-2023 at 12:47 PM.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So we've got a couple of threads about Crawford vs. (blank) at 154. Which is all well and good. Crawford certainly looks to have the size to move up to 154 and be comfortable there.

But Spence? I think that one can be put to bed. Spence ain't beating Crawford at any weight, and that was made quite evident last Saturday night.

Charlo? Hell, why not? It would be a hell of a match.

But... doesn't anybody want to see a potential matchup at 147 between Crawford and Jaron Ennis? That seems to be the only worth big fish out there, and it would be a shame to be deprived of such a matchup if Crawford up and jumps to 154.

Once at 154, who's he got? Charlo, maybe Tim Tsyzu... and a veritable list of nobodies.

Also, let's not lose track of the fact that Crawford is 35 years old. Yes, he wasted a lot of years where he could've been fighting better opposition... but he made up for it in one fell swoop with his dismantling of Errol Spence Jr.

So his age also plays a factor here.
    Carlo is fighting Alvarez and it might be a while before he gets back in the ring afterwards. Tszyu has just won a belt and will be looking to have some kind of run with it. It would be malpractice for his management to put him in with Crawford right now. If Crawford was a huge box office PPV star then maybe they take the huge payday but he isn't. Can't see that fight happening anytime soon. Considering the age of both guys and the limited options the rematch is very tempting for both of them.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jermell Charlo has publicly told Terence Crawford that he will fight him next year.

Crawford knocked out Charlo's gymmate Errol Spence last month to claim the undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO welterweight (147lbs) world titles.

Charlo is already the undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO super-welterweight (154lbs) world champion.

Therefore Crawford has made it clear that Charlo is his next target.

However, Spence has said he intends to activate his rematch clause to force Crawford to face him again next.

Meanwhile, Charlo is already scheduled for a fight with Canelo Alvarez on September 30.

This bout will see him jump up two divisions to challenge the Mexican for his undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO super-middleweight (168lbs) world titles.

Some fans doubted whether Charlo would return to super-welterweight (154lbs) after this, but the American has now insisted this is exactly what he will do.

Charlo posted on Sunday night: "Bout To Shock The World (16. Then I’m Coming Back To Hold My Throne Down At (154).

"I'M THE KING. NOTHING Will Stop Me. Mega Fights Here On Out.

"After My Boy's Rematch, We Can Give The People What They Want And Make The Terence Crawford [Fight] Happen!!"

Crawford commented: "Good Luck in your fight, I wish you the best."

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...-errol-spence/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information