Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing topics that bring out the bias

i think one topic that seems hardest for people to be objective about is the haye klit saga, even more so than pac/mayweather, take a recent thread "Is haye a compulsive liar?", obviously designed by a haye hater to sway opinion against haye

Possibly because i have been involved in most of the Froch threads recently, there seems to be a lot of bias that afect the judgements of fans both for and against froch

are there any other issues/fights/results that people seem to find it hard to express an objective opinion when discussing?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing topics that bring out the bias

People will always display bias in favour or against the fighters that interest them. I am quite guilty of it too, but in quieter moments will admit that Amir Khan is quite good and that Mayweather is likely not a homosexual. I guess some people can take things too far. In tems of Haye and Wlad Klit, I don't really care for either fighter. But I think Haye is the cause.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao. Some of the fans that came in here around after the Hatton fight were just ridiculous. In their eyes, the man could do no wrong. Not only did their bias make you sway on the other side of their opinion, it had you wanting him to lose badly just to see their reaction. Thankfully most if not all of those idiots have disappeared.

Their was also alot of bias about Ricky Hatton. Alot for him, alot against. I'm a massive Hatton fan but I try not to be too bias in favour of him. Of course, he was well ahead on the scorecards against Mayweather until Cortez cost him the fight, and that slip in the second round against Pacquiao wasn't enough to stop the fight IMO.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    People will always display bias in favour or against the fighters that interest them. I am quite guilty of it too, but in quieter moments will admit that Amir Khan is quite good and that Mayweather is likely not a homosexual. I guess some people can take things too far. In tems of Haye and Wlad Klit, I don't really care for either fighter. But I think Haye is the cause.

is that in the quieter moments too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    i think one topic that seems hardest for people to be objective about is the haye klit saga, even more so than pac/mayweather, take a recent thread "Is haye a compulsive liar?", obviously designed by a haye hater to sway opinion against haye

Possibly because i have been involved in most of the Froch threads recently, there seems to be a lot of bias that afect the judgements of fans both for and against froch

are there any other issues/fights/results that people seem to find it hard to express an objective opinion when discussing?

It is difficult there are alot of class posters on here unlike other boxing forums but there is the odd bias person I try and be as impartial as possible.

I think we all can be bias at one stage or another, I use to be a little bit took in by the Hatton hype when I first joined here but as I have got older and gathered more knowledge I would say I am anything but bias.

I said Daxx was being bias in the Froch thread for the fact he has slated Froch in the past at some press conference he attended and he didnt like his attitude or something along those lines, and I thought his post was pretty pathetic trying to break down Frochs resume with every negative possible even though it is probably one of of not the best resume in the last two years in the whole game.

Eric if I am honest I think you are bias towards British fighters but overall your not a bad poster and you do try and fight your corner well when challenged with your opinions.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

It is difficult there are alot of class posters on here unlike other boxing forums but there is the odd bias person I try and be as impartial as possible.

I think we all can be bias at one stage or another, I use to be a little bit took in by the Hatton hype when I first joined here but as I have got older and gathered more knowledge I would say I am anything but bias.

I said Daxx was being bias in the Froch thread for the fact he has slated Froch in the past at some press conference he attended and he didnt like his attitude or something along those lines, and I thought his post was pretty pathetic trying to break down Frochs resume with every negative possible even though it is probably one of of not the best resume in the last two years in the whole game.

Eric if I am honest I think you are bias towards British fighters but overall your not a bad poster and you do try and fight your corner well when challenged with your opinions.
    thanks dude thats the nicest thing you have said to me

i admit i can lean towards the british fighter a bit, but im good at fighting my corner because im usually right

im not sure i agree with the fact that you as you seem to be suggesting that there isnt that much biast on this forum. I think that there is a lot, and it seems like a lot of peoples posts are heavily influenced by their dislike for certain boxers, haye is a prime example

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a perfect example of your own bias

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

a perfect example of your own bias

you are quick on the draw today bro

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Indeed.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes it's the posters that are the most pathetic, delusional and ignorant that make for the best threads though. I quite miss the days of constantly destroying Calzaghe haters. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I made that thread, and although I'm not a Haye fan (I'm sick of his talk first and work...one day, attitude) those sorts of topics are to get people talking. No point if all threads were all people saying "I agree" and "yep sounds right. Would make the forum very dull and boring, kind of why I stay away from actual boxers forums where the people are all fans of one person and their is no critical discussion.

Any fighter that splits fans will be a good talking point. Would you rather have a forum of "Audley Harrison is a joke" threads?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is clearly a liar though and all the evidence points towards him being a total fraud at HW.

There is no bias in suggesting that.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iamasadlittleboy View Post

I made that thread, and although I'm not a Haye fan (I'm sick of his talk first and work...one day, attitude) those sorts of topics are to get people talking. No point if all threads were all people saying "I agree" and "yep sounds right. Would make the forum very dull and boring, kind of why I stay away from actual boxers forums where the people are all fans of one person and their is no critical discussion.

Any fighter that splits fans will be a good talking point. Would you rather have a forum of "Audley Harrison is a joke" threads?
    im not knocking your thread in that way dude, i didnt say your thread was shit

much better than the constant pac man threads too

just think that the opinions in it are driven by your feelings towards haye

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is clearly a liar though and all the evidence points towards him being a total fraud at HW.

There is no bias in suggesting that.

yep, there is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always give fighters their due in the ring a good win is a good win...EG I can not stand PBF and do thi8nk he has made some very cautious comp choices looking to beat them when they are ripe but with that being said I also do not think he could not beat some of the guys he has swayed around I don;t like to say duck because at the level he and others at the elite fashion are at don't duck anyone or at least I hope not....My example I always use with Floyd is why did he choose Gatti at LWW when Cotto was the man at the moment...Cotto was the guy knocking everyone out is why.....Why do we not defend our WW title when there were plenty of worthy guys around....Because at the time Williams, Cotto, Margarito etc were there beati8ng the shit out of everyone Floyds talents can not be denied like I said but he also seems like he rather stay away from dangerous fights if possible....He rather win over a guy who poses less of a challenge then beat a gu8y he has to nactually put somke effort into it and maybe deal with a few tough moments....Same for haye.....

The real thing about them I just become biased on is the fact they talk too much but do not follow up on things....

ALi- Maybe the best trash talker in history and he called out the cream of the crop during the divisions greatest eras...He fought who he called out....

Mayorga- might be one of the biggest jerks when it comes to hitting below the belt in terms of trash talk but shit he fights the guys he talks about....

I could go on but that is just an example....Talk the talk then walk the walk....If not then just shut up

Thread Information