Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The forum is back up...so let's discuss Wacko's Drunken RBR Gatti vs Baldomir

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The forum is back up...so let's discuss Wacko's Drunken RBR Gatti vs Baldomir

For those that did not see the fight...& even though it's a bit late (due to some forum difficulties), once again...I present to you...my fellow boxing enthusiasts & beloved forum goers...another installment of Wacko's Drunken Round by Round.

The end of the week is here once again...& with Friday comes the inevitable...Saturday!

Oh happy day, happy muh-fwockin diz-ay!!!

As per the usual...Saturdays equate to one thing & one thing only...I know what your'e all thinking...just another excuse for Wacko to get drunk...true...but not the fact that I was eluding to.

Saturday equals...slowly but surely...yet another fight & yet another installment of Wacko's Drunken Round by Round...& as I said just a few short breaths key strokes ago...oh happy muh-fwockin diz-ay!!!

Oddly enough...this weekend is somewhat of a mirror of last weekend for Wacko...& not just the consumption of booze & the ole telee to couch to compu coverage...

The similarities of this Saturday night's festivities (agai, outside of the typical drunken fight night) reside in the fact that this is another one of those fights that I really really couldn't care much about...as with the Vargas & Mosley matches...this will be a night of fighters that I really don't care to much about.

Two weekends in a row...I get stuck covering a fight involving two fighters that never really struck a chord in Wacko's heart.

Oddly enough though...again...just like last weekend...I'm actually excited about the match up...even though I don't really rate either of these two.

Why Wacko?

Why are you excited about watching two fighters that you don't even like compete for the Welterweight title of the world?

Why are you excited over two fighters that you don't really rate?

Well...I'm glad you asked...let me elaborate by answering your questions with some questions of my own & make like a schitzo by answering those very questions with more questions & half assed answers...slowly but surely & inevitably leading into...what I have come to call...the Wackster's Factors of the Fight.

First of all...why don't I rate these two fighters?

Let's look into the possible factors of the fight for those very answers.

Factors & questions for & against Gatti:

#1: Gatti always rises, but falls to the competition. Arturro Thunder Gatti is a world class operator...in many fans eyes. Not mine. Sure...he's fun to watch & you never know what's going to happen & alla that shat...but the problem is...he always fails to operate when he's thrown in with marquee competition. Boasting a record of 40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses...Gatti continues to be a fan favorite based on his heart & the fact that he will to rise above the rest. Again, there lies the problem. Sure he can rise above the rest...just not above the best. While Gatti basically slaughters B level fighters, A & even B+ fighters either out hustle him...or just pretty much destroy him.

Banking on the fact that Gatti will defeat a fighter like Baldomir (who is, IWO, B level or maybe B+) due to the fact that he always has in the past is a bit short sighted. Baldomir's Factor #2 could be one of THE DECIDING FACTORS that Gatti is not taking into consideration. By all means...scroll down to Baldo's Factor #2. It aint that far outta reach.

#2: The wars. Easy factor to be taken into consideration, here. With each contract signed, the question of questions always arises: Has "Thunder" Gatti been in one too many wars? Has he seen too many beatdowns?

I honestly believe that the answer will come in to play Saturday July the 22nd, 2006 in what will be one of the most important 12 rounders of his career...the WBC & IBA Welterweight titles are on the line & so is his reputation...which I might add took a quick mend after destroying Daamgard last January.

#3: The power...or respectively the lack of for the other team. Gatti's got power...no doubt. Baldomir has a little...again, no doubt. Gatti's chin has proven to be pretty sturdy...even though he has been TKO'd two or three times...it's been by the best & some pretty heavy handed customers. Gatti can take a shot & he can give as good as he takes when he's on an even playing field. I have a feeling that in the end...Gatti's power will take over...as long as he can go the distance without cutting or swelling...which in the end comes back to the lack of power on Baldomir's part.

#4: Three letters...H-C-A. What that be Wacko? Easy: Home Court Advantage. Truthfully I think that this will be another huge factor in Gatti's favor. The Boardwalk Hall Arena is scaled for a seats roughly 12,000 people. Just a week ago HBO was boasting that there were only 300 seats/tickets left. That was two weeks ago. I would guess that the bill has been paid at the capacity of 12,000 Gatti fans. Amazing. Still losing...still putting asses in seats. Again...amazing.

#5: Age, stamina, heart, chin...GATTI! All of the above. I got a feeling that Gatti's got more advantages than a female elephant has panooch! That's a lot of panooch...if your'e familiar with elephant panooch...which sadly...Wakco is not...but I am familiar with the size of elephants...so I'd say that'd have to be a lot of advantages.

But before I get ahead of myself...let's not forget what Baldomir did with his last shot at a title.

Factors & questions for & against Carlos Baldomir:

#1: The Judah factor. Baldo's where he's at basically for shocking the world & beating Judah...who supposedly was less than 80%...whether you believe that or not. Either way you look at it...Judah was in the ring & he was landing his best shots...so no matter what the punk says...he was in a fight...it was just one that he could not win. Prior to that, Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) has fought decent opposition...but no one great & no one that couldn't be beaten on any given Sunday. Not sure what that says as opposed to Gatti's record...who, again, has faltered under the fists of those with moderate skills. This is the main toss up for Wakco.

#2: Confidence & determination. Again, the Judah factor. Baldomir is argueably in the twilight of his career & he's seen the light of day in full effect after beating Zab Judah so handily, the man's riding on a high. Quite possibley...he could consider a fight against Gatti as one of the defining moments of his career. A man at the end of his rope is not to be taken lightly...again...this could be the fight of Gatti's career...just as much as it could be the fight of Baldomir's career. This, IWO, will be the other determining factor of the fight...& a big one. So to speak...the Fantastic-4 are all riding on this fight: Fame, Future, Fortune, & Family.

#3: The big stage. Baldomir has proven a worthy combatant when thrown to the lions...but beating an "unmotivated" Judah in front of his hometown New York crowd & besting Gatti in front of thousands of rabid Gattee-ites at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey will most likely prove to be a daunting task. Could be wrong...but how can 12,000 screaming New Jersians not shake a man that rarely sells out 2,000 to 5,000 seats. This might be a huge distraction to Baldomir.

#4: Age, stamina, heart, chin...all of the above. Again...I got a feeling that Gatti's got more advantages in his favor than Baldomir does at this stage in the game. Granted...that was the case coming in to the Judah fight...& we all saw how that ended...in shock & surprise.

#5: Shock & surprise. This is the only thing that Baldomir has in his favor...but I truly believe that Gatti & the HCA is going to negate any chance of the ole shock & surprise that Carlos was able to pull off the last time. If the fight with Judah was actually the fact that Judah came in unmotivated...then he's fwocked against Gatti...because whether or not I like Gatti as a fighter...the fact that I am not a fan of the man has nothing to do with the obvious...Gatti is always motivated...win, lose, or draw...Gatti comes to fight.

Now...I realize that all of that sounded maybe...a bit too hyper-critical &...dare I say...haterish...but let's face facts people...these aren't the greatest champs on the board & they've been thrust into their respective spots either by default or carefully planned match making...in order to thrust them into more respectable spots.

HBO & the promoters are selling it...thank Christ that this weekend I didn't actually have to buy it.

I'll watch it...& I'll like it...but I won't like it. You get my drift...right?

Either way...win lose or draw...nobody really wins because I believe that the next step up will knock either of these men down the Welterweight ladder.

That being said...the only way that we as boxing fans can benefit is if Gatti shows up with his heart on his sleeve & Baldomir shows up as motivated as he was against Chump Judah.

We could be witness to a barn burner or a spot of fire fights.

I suppose that we'll just have to wait & see.

1st Prediction a few weeks prior to the fight:Gatti by a hard fought decision.

2nd decision that transpired right as I saw Baldo walk into the arena. It especially sunk in when he started grinning at Gatti's best punches.

Too much confidence.

So...as always...I say to you...my fellow forum goers...grab your remote & your poison of choice. Pick a spot on the couch or in front of your monitors & let's get crackin with yet another installment of Wacko's Drunken Round by Round!

Cheers & koneecheewah bitches. Wacko loves you all!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The forum is back up...so let's discuss Wacko's Drunken RBR Gatti vs Baldomir

Here's how I, the couch, & a solitary pitcher of Long Island Ice Tea called the fight just a few days ago at Atlantic City of the now possibley retired Arturro Gatti.

We all knew the stakes...but how high would both men ries?

I think that I said we might have a fight on our hands...a barn burner...

Alright kiddies...on we go.

Can Baldomir score another upset? Can Baldomir keep his WBC Welter recog & 1999 win streak up for another bout? Can Gatti nail his 3rd shot on the move upwards? Can Gatti keep his IBF Welter strap? Does anyone care? Suprisingly...Wacko do! Heh heh heh. Here we go.

Both fighters come in at 147 pounds. The fight is now sold out & standing room only. Nice.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The forum is back up...so let's discuss Wacko's Drunken RBR Gatti vs Baldomir

Gatti got tired and Ko'ed,
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ONLY THING I CAN SAY....... I will never watch the replay...... friggin discusted..... still upset
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 1: Gatti def looks the smaller man, IWO. HBO says different...I'm callin bullshat on that. THey touch em up coming out & Baldo hooks to the guard. Baldo jabs. Gatti feeling out. Body shot by Baldo. Jab by Gatti. Hook by Baldo & then a body shot. Gatti jabs. Hook to the body after a jab. Right hand from Baldo. Gatti jabbing. Baldo to the body. Gatti switches up & then back. Upper from Gatti. Lands flush. Gatti to the body. Left hand by Gatti. Right hand by Baldo. Blocked. Straight right & then two jabs from Baldo. Gatti to the body & then up top with a left hook. Head butt. No blood. Right hook by Gatti. Baldo backs Gatti up. Body shot by Baldo. Big left hook by Gatti. 1-2 from Gatti. Baldo pressures Gatti in to the ropes but nothing really on that.

Round to Gatti. Slugging it out already. Nice.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 2: Baldo seemed a bit stressed & breathing hard in the corner. Baldo jabbing first. Gatti in return. Baldo jabbing effectively. Both men seem a bit more calm now. Gatti jabs. Baldo seems to be applying the more apt pressure. Right hand by Baldo. Jabs from both. RIght hand backs Gatti up. Gatti seems to be more tentative now. Gatti gets his neck snapped by a jab. Gatti then returns the jab two times. Gatti constantly back pedaling. Baldo to the body. Gatti eats a right hand. Big right hand by Baldo. BOdy shot b y Baldo. Left hand from Gatti. Good fight. BOdy shot by Gatti. Baldo did not really like that. Nice exchange. Baldo seemed to have gotten the better of that. Gatti lands a right & misses with a left. Gatti switching stance repeatedly. Trading to the bell.

That was a really close round. I think I give that one to Baldo. Gatti missed a lot of hooks.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 3: 19-19 by HBO. Baldo did indeed win that round. Gatti nails Baldo with a double jab. Big right hand from Baldo rocks Gatti. Another one. Left hook from Baldo. Baldo swings wild. Body shot by Gatti. He looks confused to Wacko. Right hand by Baldo. Nice left hook from Gatti. Baldo nails on the inside. Gatti eats another right. Left hand from Gatti. Low blow by Baldo. Left hook. Right & then a big left hand from Baldo & two more to come. Gatti trades with Baldo but Baldo got the better of that. Body shot by Baldo. Jab from Baldo. RIght hand from Baldo. rocks Gatti. Baldo nailing Gatti & Gatti was stunned...almost got clocked by Baldo.

Baldomir wins that round...easily. Gatti aint a Welter. Baldo is. Nuff said.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 4: 29-28 by HBO in Baldo's favor. Gatti got rocked severely in the replays. RIght hand from Baldo. Trading again. Gatti might have gotten the better of that. Gatti's right eye is now bleeding. Big right hand by Baldo. Damn. Double left hook from Baldo. RIght hand from Baldo. Gatti winging the jabs. RIght hand & then a left hook from Baldo. Right hand from Gatti straight down the pipe. Right hand from Baldo. Gatti can not take these all night. Jabs to the body from Baldo. Double left hook from Baldo. Gatti jabbing backs Baldo to the ropes. RIght hand from Gatti. Baldo comes right back out. Right hand from Gatti.

Baldo again.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 5: Baldomir connect percentage is much higher & Gatti is cut & swollen. Gatti either loses or this is one of the hardest fights of his career. Baldo is not going away easy. 39-37 Baldo. Right hand from Baldo. Gatti jabs back. Left jab rocks Baldo. Gatti to the body. Left from Baldo. Upper from Gatti. Big right hand from Gatti. Right hand back from Baldo. Baldo backs Gatti up. Trading. Gatti is fwocked by a big right hand. Big left hook from Gatti. Gatti in the corner getting hammered. Big left hook agains from Gatti. RIght hand from Baldo. Gatti to the body. Left hok by Baldo. Gatti nails him back. Big right hand by Baldo. Left hook to the body from Gatti. Baldo hammers him right back. Right hand from Baldo. They trade all the way to the bell & Baldo is winning this one hands down.

Baldo wins that round. 65% to 45%.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 6: Good fight...but Gatti is losing. 49-46 for Baldo by HBO. Gatti picking up the pace. Lands a jab & misses a hook. Right hand by Baldo. Gatti's right hand sounded like it just snapped. Baldo comes in firing. Sounded like it snapped. Baldo throwing combos. Gatti is southpaw. Gatti throws the right hand again. Gatti jabbing up top & down stairs. BIg left hand from Gatti. Baldo took that just fine. Gatti jabbing. Left hook misses for Gatti. Right hand lands for Baldo. Body shot by Gatti. Body shot by Baldo.

Gatti did better that round...but it still goes to Baldo.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 7: Right hand from Baldo. 59-55 for Baldo by HBO. Left hook from Baldo. BOdy shot by Baldo. RIght hand by Baldo. Both men trade jabs. Baldo seems to be slowing a bit. Body shot by Baldo. They trade jabs again & Gatti goes to the body. Right hand from Baldo finds home two times. Damn. Once again Gatti get's hammered by the right hand. Gain. Baldo to the body. Gatti doing nothing. Baldo sends him to the ropes. Gatti jabbing. Gatti slipping the right momentarily. Left hook lands home. Gatti just can't land shit.

Baldo get's that round too.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 8: Gatti needs a knockout to win this one...a drunken idiot can see that. Heh heh heh. Bell. 69-64 for Baldo. Gatti swinging for the fences. Baldo calm, cool, & collected lands the right again. Left hook from Baldo. Baldo bumps Gatti to the canvas. No knock down. Right hand & then a left hook misses for Baldo. Jab from Baldo. Gatti slips the right...finally. Gatti now fighting a bit smart. They trade jabs. Baldo backs Gatti up again. Right hand from Baldo. Gatti bleeding. Left hand misses. Gatti to the body in repetition & Baldo nails him & down he goes. Not rulled a knock down. Ruled a slip. Low blow. Baldo very appologetic. Interesting.

Gatti got that round...but just barely.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 9: Honestly...Baldo seems to be slowing now...he's not as accurate. Replay shows that the knockdown was a slisp. 78-74 Baldo. RIght hand from Gatti. Baldo nails him back. Body shot by Baldo. BOdy shine by Gatti. Baldo lands a left hook up top. Gatti jabs. SLoppy swings from both. Mallinaggi & Sweet Pea urging Gatti on. Gatti jabbing & eats a big right hand that almost ko's him. Baldo has hammered him. Baldo ripping him on the ropes. Out comes Gatti's mouthpiece. That looked like almost 10 shots from Baldomire. Left hand from Baldo rocks Gatti. Gatti is getting the worse of this eschange. Gatti out on his feet. Down goes Gatti on a big left hook. He makes the count...but on weary legs. Gatti getting ripped. Badlo comes out throwing & down goes Gatti & it's over. Nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 1: Gatti def looks the smaller man, IWO. HBO says different...I'm callin bullshat on that. THey touch em up coming out & Baldo hooks to the guard. Baldo jabs. Gatti feeling out. Body shot by Baldo. Jab by Gatti. Hook by Baldo & then a body shot. Gatti jabs. Hook to the body after a jab. Right hand from Baldo. Gatti jabbing. Baldo to the body. Gatti switches up & then back. Upper from Gatti. Lands flush. Gatti to the body. Left hand by Gatti. Right hand by Baldo. Blocked. Straight right & then two jabs from Baldo. Gatti to the body & then up top with a left hook. Head butt. No blood. Right hook by Gatti. Baldo backs Gatti up. Body shot by Baldo. Big left hook by Gatti. 1-2 from Gatti. Baldo pressures Gatti in to the ropes but nothing really on that.

Round to Gatti. Slugging it out already. Nice.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 2: Baldo seemed a bit stressed & breathing hard in the corner. Baldo jabbing first. Gatti in return. Baldo jabbing effectively. Both men seem a bit more calm now. Gatti jabs. Baldo seems to be applying the more apt pressure. Right hand by Baldo. Jabs from both. RIght hand backs Gatti up. Gatti seems to be more tentative now. Gatti gets his neck snapped by a jab. Gatti then returns the jab two times. Gatti constantly back pedaling. Baldo to the body. Gatti eats a right hand. Big right hand by Baldo. BOdy shot b y Baldo. Left hand from Gatti. Good fight. BOdy shot by Gatti. Baldo did not really like that. Nice exchange. Baldo seemed to have gotten the better of that. Gatti lands a right & misses with a left. Gatti switching stance repeatedly. Trading to the bell.

That was a really close round. I think I give that one to Baldo. Gatti missed a lot of hooks.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 3: 19-19 by HBO. Baldo did indeed win that round. Gatti nails Baldo with a double jab. Big right hand from Baldo rocks Gatti. Another one. Left hook from Baldo. Baldo swings wild. Body shot by Gatti. He looks confused to Wacko. Right hand by Baldo. Nice left hook from Gatti. Baldo nails on the inside. Gatti eats another right. Left hand from Gatti. Low blow by Baldo. Left hook. Right & then a big left hand from Baldo & two more to come. Gatti trades with Baldo but Baldo got the better of that. Body shot by Baldo. Jab from Baldo. RIght hand from Baldo. rocks Gatti. Baldo nailing Gatti & Gatti was stunned...almost got clocked by Baldo.

Baldomir wins that round...easily. Gatti aint a Welter. Baldo is. Nuff said.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 4: 29-28 by HBO in Baldo's favor. Gatti got rocked severely in the replays. RIght hand from Baldo. Trading again. Gatti might have gotten the better of that. Gatti's right eye is now bleeding. Big right hand by Baldo. Damn. Double left hook from Baldo. RIght hand from Baldo. Gatti winging the jabs. RIght hand & then a left hook from Baldo. Right hand from Gatti straight down the pipe. Right hand from Baldo. Gatti can not take these all night. Jabs to the body from Baldo. Double left hook from Baldo. Gatti jabbing backs Baldo to the ropes. RIght hand from Gatti. Baldo comes right back out. Right hand from Gatti.

Baldo again.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 5: Baldomir connect percentage is much higher & Gatti is cut & swollen. Gatti either loses or this is one of the hardest fights of his career. Baldo is not going away easy. 39-37 Baldo. Right hand from Baldo. Gatti jabs back. Left jab rocks Baldo. Gatti to the body. Left from Baldo. Upper from Gatti. Big right hand from Gatti. Right hand back from Baldo. Baldo backs Gatti up. Trading. Gatti is fwocked by a big right hand. Big left hook from Gatti. Gatti in the corner getting hammered. Big left hook agains from Gatti. RIght hand from Baldo. Gatti to the body. Left hok by Baldo. Gatti nails him back. Big right hand by Baldo. Left hook to the body from Gatti. Baldo hammers him right back. Right hand from Baldo. They trade all the way to the bell & Baldo is winning this one hands down.

Baldo wins that round. 65% to 45%.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 6: Good fight...but Gatti is losing. 49-46 for Baldo by HBO. Gatti picking up the pace. Lands a jab & misses a hook. Right hand by Baldo. Gatti's right hand sounded like it just snapped. Baldo comes in firing. Sounded like it snapped. Baldo throwing combos. Gatti is southpaw. Gatti throws the right hand again. Gatti jabbing up top & down stairs. BIg left hand from Gatti. Baldo took that just fine. Gatti jabbing. Left hook misses for Gatti. Right hand lands for Baldo. Body shot by Gatti. Body shot by Baldo.

Gatti did better that round...but it still goes to Baldo.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 7: Right hand from Baldo. 59-55 for Baldo by HBO. Left hook from Baldo. BOdy shot by Baldo. RIght hand by Baldo. Both men trade jabs. Baldo seems to be slowing a bit. Body shot by Baldo. They trade jabs again & Gatti goes to the body. Right hand from Baldo finds home two times. Damn. Once again Gatti get's hammered by the right hand. Gain. Baldo to the body. Gatti doing nothing. Baldo sends him to the ropes. Gatti jabbing. Gatti slipping the right momentarily. Left hook lands home. Gatti just can't land S***.

Baldo get's that round too.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 8: Gatti needs a knockout to win this one...a drunken idiot can see that. Heh heh heh. Bell. 69-64 for Baldo. Gatti swinging for the fences. Baldo calm, cool, & collected lands the right again. Left hook from Baldo. Baldo bumps Gatti to the canvas. No knock down. Right hand & then a left hook misses for Baldo. Jab from Baldo. Gatti slips the right...finally. Gatti now fighting a bit smart. They trade jabs. Baldo backs Gatti up again. Right hand from Baldo. Gatti bleeding. Left hand misses. Gatti to the body in repetition & Baldo nails him & down he goes. Not rulled a knock down. Ruled a slip. Low blow. Baldo very appologetic. Interesting.

Gatti got that round...but just barely.

Carlos Baldomir (42 wins with 12 ko's, 9 losses, & 6 draws) vs Arturo Gatti (40 wins, with 31 ko's, & 7 losses) Round 9: Honestly...Baldo seems to be slowing now...he's not as accurate. Replay shows that the knockdown was a slisp. 78-74 Baldo. RIght hand from Gatti. Baldo nails him back. Body shot by Baldo. BOdy shine by Gatti. Baldo lands a left hook up top. Gatti jabs. SLoppy swings from both. Mallinaggi & Sweet Pea urging Gatti on. Gatti jabbing & eats a big right hand that almost ko's him. Baldo has hammered him. Baldo ripping him on the ropes. Out comes Gatti's mouthpiece. That looked like almost 10 shots from Baldomire. Left hand from Baldo rocks Gatti. Gatti is getting the worse of this eschange. Gatti out on his feet. Down goes Gatti on a big left hook. He makes the count...but on weary legs. Gatti getting ripped. Badlo comes out throwing & down goes Gatti & it's over. Nice.
    Thats why i love u WACKO... "Never Say Die"!!!!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So...now Wacko gots a few questions & statements...& I want some opinions:

We got a new Welterweight Champion with the WBC & IBA straps.

He's motivaed. He wants Mayweather & Hatton & says that he is the true champion & that they are just holding his belts.

Nice. Thumbs up to Baldo.

Let's all clap for Baldomir. He did one hell of a job.

Now...beating Judah & Gatti...that's a world apart from Hatton & Judah...but the question is...can he beat Floyd or Hatton or let's throw that dog Collazo a bone...can he beat more & more men on the way to the top of the ladder?

I want a good discussion...I've missed my bwoy's.

Gay as it sounds...I aint shattin you fellers...you have been missed.

You too big bwoss!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although I enjoyed the fight & was impressed with Baldo...it was just Gatti that lost the fight...& Gatti always falls instead of rising to the competition.

Fact: Gatti is no welter.
    Fact: Gatti is a spent force.

Too many wars for Gatti & too much weight, confidence, & chin from Baldomir. Gatti says that he's never faced anyone that strong & that 147 might be more than two mouthfuls.

Seeing Gatti take a beat down like that...again...even though I aint a fan...you gotta hate it for the guy.

The question: Will Gatti retire? Should he?

IWO humble opinion...yes.

All that being said...again...I missed you bitches.

Good night...Wacko love ya. Give me some opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to the Duke & the Pride.

Even though the fight is done & gone...I set us as sticky...there are lots of potentials & factors to discuss here.

Is Baldo the real deal or still just lucky against half ass + fighters?
    Should Floyd should go after Baldo now or wait it out for Oscar?

Many many questions on the horizon...but I am too drunk & I gotta be at work in 5 hours...

Disucss boyo's & have fun with it...for our glorious forum is back on again...we now have our lives back! HEh heh heh.

Seriously... s to all on board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

first of all..... WACKO... You're not a GATTI fan? Is there any other type of fan?

As far as what u said
    Gatti: spent fighter-----Hard for me to admit but, man, he should retire...... Had to many wars. He still fights well for his age and his wear but he has done as much as this POP thinks he is going to do and it is nothng to shake a frickin stick at. Wacko, it's nice to be back in the mix w/ u!!!!!!!! Talk 2 ya 2moro my friend
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The forum is back up...so let's discuss Wacko's Drunken RBR Gatti vs Baldomi

I truly beleive this was Gatti's last hurrah. This was more of a test to himself more then anything imo. I thought it was very interesting. I thought the most worthy advice Buddy McGirt gave on Saturday was for Gatti to CIRCLE RIGHT. If Gatti had kept on his feet and circled right, the straight right of Baldomir would have been a nonfactor. Instead Gatti either decided to stay flat footed or try to square up with Baldomir by moving left. Gatti squandered very good advice imo.

Then I got to thinking as to why he did it. I think it was just to brawl. I truly do, I think Gatti knew this was probably his last fight going in and he was going to go out the way that got him famous, brawling. That's what he did. He stood in front of Baldomir, cocky flexing his legs and took everything Baldo had while dishing some of his own. He went out the way a brawling legend should, with his backs to the ropes fighting to the end giving everything he gave. He connected flush on Baldomir twice in the 9th that would have sent a regular man stumbling or maybe even down. Baldomir came forward and got Gatti out of there.

Baldomir has a chin to die for. Great fight, lopsided but very entertaining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imo Gatti should hang up his gloves but I heard they're working on a Gatti-Hatton fight at 140lbs later this year.

And oh Wacko, better late than never.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im still convinced that had Gatti not damaged his hand he would have made it to a 12 round decision loss....he definately stopped throwing the right with any real conviction until it became all or nothing...

It was a very entertaining fight but Gatti went in there with the wrong strategy from the off. He should have been prepared for Baldies straight rights and his left was caught dangling all too often. He paid the penalty by being clubbed. It was a frustrating fight to watch because Baldy, though he is granite strong and testy, is very slow IMO...had Gatti been able to keep the right hand working I saw plenty of openings for swift right counters. Maybe Gatti couldnt have capitalised on this even with a good hand, but the opportunities were there....

Credit to Baldomir, thats twice in a row he's upset the bookies....who will he try and do it to next? Good luck whoever it is, Baldomir is one gritty tough man!!!

As for Gatti he should finish off with a hometown fight against an unranked pro and retire and enjoy his money....he has given us plenty of memories to fall back on, better to leave in the relatively decent shape he is still in...

And to the Wack one....havent conversed in a while!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I tip my hat to Gatti for standing with a bigger man.

Gatti being a brawler is not used to using his bicycle as instructed by McGirt

He uses some movement, but he is not comportable doing it. He was hit by Baldo bigtime and gatti sensed that this guy has the power. He'll be kayoed if he won't stand up soon so he stick and have some exchange.

Gatti, confident he will rise again if being KD (as he used to do) fought toe to toe

He hit baldomir with good left and right hook before he was knockdown but the man wasn't barely shaken.

Gatti should have brought a lamppost to hit Baldo to be able to knock him down, this time Gatti did not get up.
    Hidden Content
    RIP, Crazy Samurai. Thank you for your Drumming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But i i`m happy to know one Dane has beat Baldomir, Soren Sondergaard

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=004408
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Thread Information