Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default did Floyd Sr. know Hatton was going to lose badly

on sky before the fight they said that Floyd Sr. had been turning up to training late and not really putting much effort into the training camp, i cant imagine that De La Hoya would have put up with that so i'd presumme this is the first time his been like this,

did floyd know what that the fight was a lost cause?

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: did Floyd Sr. know Hatton was going to lose badly

I got that impressin from the 24/7 shows.... his his body didn't match the words out of his mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only thing i can think of is maybe he knew how bad his punch resistance was in sparring cos Hatton looked shit hot on the pads and in the training.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tins06 View Post
    Only thing i can think of is maybe he knew how bad his punch resistance was in sparring cos Hatton looked shit hot on the pads and in the training.
    at the same time he knows boxing and im sure he was aware of pac's capabilitys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    Surly he must have thought he could mold Hatton though. I mean if he thought to himself " Ricky got no fucking chance,pacs to good, but fuck it im getting paid"....surly not?
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    Surly he must have thought he could mold Hatton though. I mean if he thought to himself " Ricky got no fucking chance,pacs to good, but fuck it im getting paid"....surly not?
    yeah thats how i seen it before the fight... too intrested in premoting himself on 24/7.

just one of the many leeches Ricky has around him these days

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well hed have had to choices, Hatton loses but i dont get paid if he refuses to train him, or he gets paid but keeps his own personal opinions to himself

i remember seeing on one of the beyond the glory programmes that most of leonards team were pretty certain SRL was gonna lose to Hagler but didnt say anything to him as they didnt want to dent his confidence, so perhaps mayweather was doing something similar, would explain his apparent lack of commitment to the training camp leading up to the fight

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know what the deal was there, but it just feels like something wasn't right at all. I tried to brush off all the rumours from the camp as I really wanted to believe that I would see the best possible Ricky Hatton in another huge fight. But we obviously didn't, and it makes you think about all that has transpired.

Mayweather has really shown himself to be something else. And I really question why he was around in the first place. It's hard enough even understanding what Floyd is saying. You have him desperately looking for words because he can't finish his sentences. He really reminds me of some of my younger second language learners, but you expect it of them. Maybe his boxing knowledge is very good, but but he cannot stop talking about himself and even when he can be understood it is often half baked nonsense. I struggle to see what he has added to Hattons game, and it seems to have been a squandered partnership. But Hatton chose to sail the ship at the end of the day, so we can't blame it all on Floyd.

I really am curious to know what the deal was with Hattons camp. Was he really struggling in the initial sparring? Why was sparring stopped two days early? Why was Hatton so lacking in ANY of the basics? Why was Floyd late so often? What was the nature of the rift in training? Did Hatton have to dry out too much in the final week? Why did Floyd turn up to the fight 30 minutes before it started?

These are all rumours or things that have been circulating. And I'm curious to know the deal. It doesn't sound like a well prepared, focussed camp to me if even half these things are true.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More loveliness about Mayweather Snr.

Go down to the part about No Joy....

All-Time Pacquiao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't belive that Floyd thought this, he was very very vocal and disparaging about Roach in the build up and practically put his entire rep on the line for this one fight. They had one camp together and ricky did look a little better against Paulie as opposed to Lazcano, so they hired him again, but I'm sure there seems to be something going on between Beard and Mayweather, and probably why things got weirder as the fight got closer.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't be surprised if old Floyd takes the piss like that (turning up late etc) with other fighters he's trained.

He was in a no lose situation anyway.

Ricky wins he takes the credit for improving him. Ricky loses, he lost becuase he didn't listen to him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UNLESS!

He new real early that Hatton was fucked, but kept running his mouth to get good odds on the Pacman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was kinda surprised at Hatton's punch resistance (lack of) in the fight. I mean that Hail Mary Left hand would have dropped nearly anyone, but the right hooks from Manny have always struck me as more snappy, than queer street inducing.

This is exactly what happens to fighters who struggle to make weight. The fluid that surrounds their brain gets reduced and their brain will get rattled around more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ooops
    Last edited by Mar; 05-04-2009 at 01:39 PM.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell no he didn't know, if his guy would've won he'd be writing more poems about how much of genius he is and how little effort it took. The only thing i can say for the hatton camp is that is sucks ass that he trained all that time to forget one of the first rules of boxing...keep your damn hands up.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Thread Information