Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins - Froch or Ward?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froch versus Ward - Who wins?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch versus Ward - Who wins?

I think this is a relevant thread considering that these two are finally due to meet in the final. So who do you think wins and why?

I will give my own views later on as I am going out, but one quick thing that I do want to point out is that the fight NEEDS to be on neutral territory with neutral officials and a ref both fighters are comfortable with. Ward has been given too much on a plate with refs not challenging him and seemingly never fighting away from home.

Views and votes please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch versus Ward - Who wins?

This has the potential to be a lousy fight. Two guys who prefer to counter, neither of whom throws big volume or had explosive power. Both are smart guys in the ring which may mean lots of unsuccessful feinting and methodical searching for a move that gives an advantage.

If I have to guess? I think Ward can do a few more things than Froch can. But I suspect it'll go 12 and have 5-6 extremely close rounds.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whilst watching Carl last night I was thinking he was lucky Ward wasnt in the opposite corner because he would take full advantage of Carls low left hand. Johnson was able to land the odd overhand right but was too old to capatalise.

Also its the second slow start Carl has had in America in as many fights. Once he settles he boxes well but is chasing the fight and has to box out of his comfort zone to get back into it. He is naturally lazy and was getting shouted at to up his workrate. He admires his work for too long after he does something good and he is happy to win close rounds instead of making sure he wins them. All these traits would put him in deep water with Ward. Im no fan of Andre, think he is a house fighter who gets away with alot but I reckon he will have noticed how open Carl was to the right hand and will pot shot him all night in the finals. Carl may have his moments but wont inject enough pace and ofcourse in America they wont give Carl the nod over their son of god. Froch has to be better if he is to stand a chance. I dont think he could beat Kessler in a rematch either based on how active Kessler was last night and how lazy Carl was.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight is almost certain to be in Vegas.

Froch is the best shit fighter i've ever seen. I still don't know what he does good. He just wins.

He looked as slow as molasses against Johnson. He doesn't have one punch sparkage power. His defense is still absoultely shockingly shit. Jesus is gonna look like speedy gonzales against him.

Froch has two hopes - slim and none.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The fight is almost certain to be in Vegas.

Froch is the best shit fighter i've ever seen. I still don't know what he does good. He just wins.

He looked as slow as molasses against Johnson. He doesn't have one punch sparkage power. His defense is still absoultely shockingly shit. Jesus is gonna look like speedy gonzales against him.

Froch has two hopes - slim and none.
    I agree with this. Ward shut out imo. Shame because i like Froch. A lot.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem Froch seems to have is that he doesn't get stuck in until he gets hit by a painful shot. I think Ward will outbox him and never really hurt him.

Froch seems to think he has developed Mayweather esque skills and is boxing more, but against someone more skilled, he'll get beat easily.

His only hope is to get stuck in, get in Wards face and have his heart and guts pull him through.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    The problem Froch seems to have is that he doesn't get stuck in until he gets hit by a painful shot. I think Ward will outbox him and never really hurt him.

Froch seems to think he has developed Mayweather esque skills and is boxing more, but against someone more skilled, he'll get beat easily.

His only hope is to get stuck in, get in Wards face and have his heart and guts pull him through.
    True, he was waiting far too much early on and even later he only sprung to life as a reaction to being hit. He paid too much respect to Johnson who isn't a massive puncher. I guess it's better to be careful than totally careless, but he needs to watch it because waiting on an opponent will bugger him up. It almost cost him against Taylor and it did against Kessler. If he was just a bit more positive he could have beaten Kessler. He cannot afford to give Ward a headstart because you sense that Ward has a few things in his pocket.

Fenster is right about Froch. He looks so clumsy and you see mistakes such as the hand being so low, but somehow he is always there. I think he can beat Ward. Ward doesn't hit hard so Froch can affored to take a few more risks, but he needs to be willing to do so. He can't affort to be slack. He needs to be in great shape and be willing to go to hell and back because Ward is a crafty fighter and he knows all the tricks. I can see him leading with the head and pot shotting his way in close. Froch definitely needs to keep that low hand up more as he is too easy to hit. The Johnson fight was convincing in the end partly because he couldn't keep going down the stretch, but Ward won't have that trouble. I definitely want to see Froch try and impose himself after warming up as Ward hasn't convinced me that he has a great chin and if it boils down to hard exchanging then I think Froch will crack him before Froch gets cracked himself.

It's an intriguing match up. I think Froch can win if he plans it right and makes sure he is able to pace himself with a little boxing mixed with more of the brawling we saw against Pascal. There is no room for coasting in this and that is one thing Froch seems to do, he cannot afford another lazy Kessler type showing, but needs to make sure he takes the close rounds.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His style now seems to be growing into a Calzaghe style, not that there is anything wrong with it, I just don't think Froch can pull of the arrogant better than you style.

I hope he wins, he has the tools to win, but it's not going to be easy.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    His style now seems to be growing into a Calzaghe style, not that there is anything wrong with it, I just don't think Froch can pull of the arrogant better than you style.

I hope he wins, he has the tools to win, but it's not going to be easy.
    Yes, the punches seem more like arm punches than anything else. He is throwing in combination and he gets them off quickly, but they aren't the most accurate. But unlike Calzaghe he takes too much time off in rounds and tends to admire his work thus making things closer than they should be. Calzaghe could keep a great rhythm going for 12 hard rounds, Froch seems to take a lot of time off. Obviously footwork is a massive difference between the two too. It's almost like a curiously odd hybrid of Calzaghe with the quick combos and then Jones Jr when he goes off for a walk around the ring.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know what will happen. I've supported against Froch in all of his fights & now in the fight I will finally be supporting him, he's going to get shutout & look shit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is badass .... But ward will outbox him and if that doesn't go easy he'll maul headbutt and take huge huge advantage of how low he keeps his hands. Uni decision I'd say

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well seeing as Froch was getting shut out in the votes, I had to break my silence and vote for him. I've been a bit negative in this thread, but I just want him to work harder in his rounds and just focus on his weaknesses a little because Ward does seem dangerous. I hate Ward and think he is a dirty cheat, but he has smarts and if Froch doesn't take note and really come in with a plan A and B then it will be extremely tough.

He needs to be prepared to go in there and rough Ward up himself. Like I say, I am not convinced that Ward can take a good punch and his cautious style suggests that he isn't sure he can either. But Froch needs to throw more than arm punches to make that tell. He needs to break that Jesus wannabe up bit by bit. Give us a real crucifixion to relish for the ages.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Once Froch got going and let his his hands go he looked ok. No one else has really managed to beat on Johnson that much.

I have only just watched the fight and have to say I have read some crap on here. I would find it hard to give Johnson 3rounds of that. Whatever Glen did, Froch did more.

Ward didnt look too comfortable standing next to Froch in the interview at the end in the ring. As long as Froch doesnt wait so long to work again he can deffinitely beat Ward. Ward will be trying to spoil to smother Froch and I reckon Froch will box going back to make Ward come forward.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Froch is badass .... But ward will outbox him and if that doesn't go easy he'll maul headbutt and take huge huge advantage of how low he keeps his hands. Uni decision I'd say
    That's why Froch needs his own plan A and B. Kessler wasn't ready, but Froch has seen it all, he needs to learn from it. We have seen what Ward has, it's about using that against him this time out. Froch is awkward as hell, but he is smart and hopefully his team comes up with something. Maybe he was just cautious today and that is why I am being cynical, but I don't think today would have been good enough against Ward, but I think Froch beat Abraham better though and Froch has been fighting the better fighters over the last few years. Ward in his own way has only really impressed with the Kessler win and that involved a lot of roughhouse and cheating acts and his other fights have all been following the blueprints of others. He does seem to do it well though.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I think this is a relevant thread considering that these two are finally due to meet in the final. So who do you think wins and why?

I will give my own views later on as I am going out, but one quick thing that I do want to point out is that the fight NEEDS to be on neutral territory with neutral officials and a ref both fighters are comfortable with. Ward has been given too much on a plate with refs not challenging him and seemingly never fighting away from home.

Views and votes please.

I don't care much for Froch or Ward, and that Son of God shit makes me wanna puke. Frankly Miles, I could give a shit less about seeing this fight or who wins.

Thread Information