Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So Tim Bradley is a clown.

I tried to stick by him, as everyone turned and started to trash talk him, everyone either hated him to begin with or started hating him ..... Not me I tried to see his good sides.

Even where was clearly beaten by Manny in the first fight, I said "it's not his fault he got the decision".

Even after he abandoned all boxing fundamentals against Provodnikov and had a brawl, I said "he's just trying to prove himself after the Manny fight".

He then boxed well against JMM and I fairly had him winning.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK? Don't boxers realise him moronic they look when they're getting beat but start acting cocky?
    First 5 rounds it was a decent fight but then Bradley gave up, started dancing, and he was even shit at that.

All in all, I tried to stick with him, but fuck that, terrible performance and now I see other people's points.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It wasn't near as bad as Broner humping Maidana after being battered pillar to post.

It was obnoxious though and annoyed not only us but the fans there and the judges as well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley hit pacs gloves alot of the time and was probably frustrated with pacs movement.

Tbh bradley was avoiding punches as well with his head movement but pacs attack had move venom.

He was doing what rios was doing and it does show that manny possibly is holding back a bit of his power but who cares...a win is a win.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So Tim Bradley is a clown.

Bradley gets more credit for a much closer fight than the first one simply by being honest.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Bradley has the or one of the strongest will and determination ever. Despite what he and his trainer tells us. I think what happened to him is the good ol saying "you have a plan until you get hit". He has a great chin but in the two fights with pac and with ruslan, he look like he is fighting concussed. I wouldn't argue with his calf injury claim but its funny he suffers leg injuries everytime he fights pac. I think thats due to his lack of ability to keep up with the footwork required for him to battle pac in the type of fight he needs to stick to to keep the fight closed against pac. The wild homerun swings showed he was desperate and couldn't maintain a high level of footwork speed to battle and beat pac. Plus the punches from pac that hurts him.

Salute to Bradley for getting up there and battling one of the greatest ever. His will got him there.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley should be docked points for being so ugly.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bradley is a penis, he just acts like a penis all the time, he was acting like a penis in the ring which he can actually be forgiven for, who knows how theyd act when getting beaten up infront of so many people

even so he acts like a penis the rest of the time

its everything about him, the first thing id get rid of is the army shorts and green gloves, makes him look even more like a penis
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A more realistic nickname for Bradley instead of -

Desert Storm - he is more like a Breeze in a Sandpit.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    I think Bradley has the or one of the strongest will and determination ever. Despite what he and his trainer tells us. I think what happened to him is the good ol saying "you have a plan until you get hit". He has a great chin but in the two fights with pac and with ruslan, he look like he is fighting concussed. I wouldn't argue with his calf injury claim but its funny he suffers leg injuries everytime he fights pac. I think thats due to his lack of ability to keep up with the footwork required for him to battle pac in the type of fight he needs to stick to to keep the fight closed against pac. The wild homerun swings showed he was desperate and couldn't maintain a high level of footwork speed to battle and beat pac. Plus the punches from pac that hurts him.

Salute to Bradley for getting up there and battling one of the greatest ever. His will got him there.
    Bradley almost always combined that will and determination with exceptional smarts, variety and by trying to win the rounds with a good output as he was seldom going to stop anyone. That is how he has made it to the top. He abandoned it against Provodnikov and a similar failure to stay smart cost him dear here.

Bradley was winning round 6 and decided to give it away with a pointless 20 seconds of trying to look flash on the ropes. That made it 3-3 and got Manny into a groove for the first time proper and his mind was all a flutter from that point on.

Manny is a great fighter, but Bradley is a very good fighter too and that was a golden opportunity that I think he let slip. That wasn't prime Manny by any stretch, but that wasn't the best Bradley either, and just maybe all those decisions and rounds have worn Bradley down too.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Bradley was and still is severely underrated. I'm a big believer in his skill, his athletic/physical gifts and his heart and tenacity.

That being said, UNFORTUNATELY he seems to have the "Meldrick Taylor" syndrome where he's fighting stupidly out of foolish pride.

The way he fought JMM - absolutely brilliant. He outfoxed one of the greatest p4p fighters of this generation and, despite what some people think, won convincingly.

But the way he fought Provodnikov and Manny were both completely stupid and he paid the price both times by taking terrible damage from Provod and finally in losing to Pac.

I don't know why the dude gets so much hate: he's a good dude, he has a great back story where he was nearly broke a few years back, and in the ring he has as much heart and courage as anyone (even when it's to his detriment). Give the guy a break, it's not his fault he got a gift vs Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Bradley was winning round 6 and decided to give it away with a pointless 20 seconds of trying to look flash on the ropes. That made it 3-3 and got Manny into a groove for the first time proper and his mind was all a flutter from that point on.
    I think he blew himself out firing all those missed haymakers, and the "flash" was trying to lure Pac into a big shot.

That was the difference in the fight: Pac fought smart like a world class, top p4p fighter should, and Bradley fought like an amateur.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well said. I don't like being down on Bradley as I have really enjoyed seeing him rise up, and I think he is a splendid fighter. His only limitation is power, but recently he seems to think he has a point to prove about going to war, trading, and trying to hurt the other guy. He has never really done that, so I don't know what has changed. Maybe he wants to win hearts, but I liked him the way he was. He was tidy, efficient, and got the work done. I don't want him to be known for his great chin as he is going to regret it later. Just stay smart, win fights, be busy, entertain, and bank the coin wisely. He doesn't need to be godzilla and stop people.

I feel a bit sorry for Bradley as he seems to have let the pride chip away at him and he has tried to become something he isn't in response. He has nothing to prove beyond winning the fight and that alone. Him deciding that it must be a stoppage and nothing else, is extremism. He needs to reign that in and get back on track. The Marquez performance was a good one and this was a regression. Learn and move on.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I think Bradley was and still is severely underrated. I'm a big believer in his skill, his athletic/physical gifts and his heart and tenacity.

That being said, UNFORTUNATELY he seems to have the "Meldrick Taylor" syndrome where he's fighting stupidly out of foolish pride.

The way he fought JMM - absolutely brilliant. He outfoxed one of the greatest p4p fighters of this generation and, despite what some people think, won convincingly.

But the way he fought Provodnikov and Manny were both completely stupid and he paid the price both times by taking terrible damage from Provod and finally in losing to Pac.

I don't know why the dude gets so much hate: he's a good dude, he has a great back story where he was nearly broke a few years back, and in the ring he has as much heart and courage as anyone (even when it's to his detriment). Give the guy a break, it's not his fault he got a gift vs Pacquiao.
    bradley probly is a very decent honest trustworthy fella, and probably doesnt deserve all the hate in real terms

i mean theres some boxers ive liked in the past who are probably awful people and bradley doesnt come across as a bad person

he is just a nob who i find difficult to watch outside the ring
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think he blew himself out firing all those missed haymakers, and the "flash" was trying to lure Pac into a big shot.

That was the difference in the fight: Pac fought smart like a world class, top p4p fighter should, and Bradley fought like an amateur.
    I think so and was getting frustrated watching him as he was just waiting and then loading up and missing the hail Mary by a long way most times. He hit Manny several times and hurt him once, but to rely on that alone when his entire career has been based on being a smart fighter, albeit one with a big heart, was not good. Manny did nothing spectacular, but boxed efficiently, and that's how you win rounds. Bradley wasn't trying to win rounds, he was trying to land big. It makes little sense.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a big Bradley fan. If we're honest, Pacquiao is just a bad match-up for Bradley because he's faster and hits harder. Styles make fights. Bradley can beat Marquez because Marquez is significantly slower and Bradley can counter punch well. Bradley is a very good fighter. He should have a lot left in his career. He's also done very well. Remember when Arum paid him $1.25 MM to face Casamayor? Then he's made 7 figures in each fight with Pacquiao and his fight with Marquez. How about Kell Brook?

Thread Information