Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What odds would you give on Khan doing a Hamed and walking away....??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What odds would you give on Khan doing a Hamed and walking away....??

If I was a bookie I wouldn't offer more than 10s

Just curious, psychologically its going to take some coming back and everyone would fancy their chances.

One more defeat will finish his career and the high life would end at 21

He might even have to get a 9-5 job when he's 25 !
    Last edited by Mark TKO; 09-07-2008 at 09:36 AM.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What odds would you give on Khan doing a Hamed and walking away....??

i doubt hell just give up but will end up like fraudley just figthing bums on undercards and still claiming his brilliant,

hell never have to get a 9-5 as i bet his made millions already so unless his spending his money like its going out of fashion he would be ok

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What odds would you give on Khan doing a Hamed and walking away....??

the 9-5 was tongue in cheek

he won't be making the 30 or so million he was planning on over the next 6 years or so thats for sure.

Wouldn't have a clue how much he has made so far - 5 million or so max ??!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    the 9-5 was tongue in cheek

he won't be making the 30 or so million he was planning on over the next 6 years or so thats for sure.

Wouldn't have a clue how much he has made so far - 5 million or so max ??!?
    I would say about 6- 8 million give or take... Medallist are earing big since fight 1. That being said i think he can earn a few more but fighting bums before history repeats itself agaisnt tough opposition.
    Hidden Content There is no reward for second place

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well i remember hearing hed made a mil before even stepping into the ring as a pro, i think about the 5 million mark is probably right,

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep same as Audley

Maybe has alot to do with it, the hunger factor. The riches are supposed to come after years of hard work not before the first bell. Can't blame any of them for taking it mind but what's the answer.

Rememeber David Reid too - no idea what became of him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont think its a lack of hunger fraudley always looks scared in the ring , khan it simply is ability thats missing, at least fraduley kept that glass chin secret for quite a while longer than khan

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pretty sure it wasn't lack of hunger that made him lsoe last night. Pretty sure a few haymakers had somehting to do with it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is in a difficult division and he hasn't even stepped up yet. He'd struggle to win the European belt which is held by romanov let alone mix it with Diaz etc.

No chin and you need one in boxing. Khan once claimed he was as good as Floyd Mayweather Jnr - boy he looks stupid now.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id lay odds He hasnt earned 2Million yet.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think every guy he takes on will be convinced they can walk right into him and duplicate that beheading......they may be right !!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post

you sure scrap ?? as i said im pretty sure he had a mil before his debut just for signing with warren, he has the sponsership deal with reebok which i think must be worth a fair bit, a second deal with warren and sky, also the main reason given for the fight being on ppv was it was the only way warren could afford to keep him so big money surely??

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post

you sure scrap ?? as i said im pretty sure he had a mil before his debut just for signing with warren, he has the sponsership deal with reebok which i think must be worth a fair bit, a second deal with warren and sky, also the main reason given for the fight being on ppv was it was the only way warren could afford to keep him so big money surely??

Scrap is probably right. I know Bunce was saying the reason this fight was ppv was because Warren had to put it on ppv because it was the only way he could give Khan the money he was demanding.

He was apparently averaging around £150,000 a fight prior to the Prescott one which really isn't a lot when you consider the expenses he must have to fork out.

I'm sure he's made a load in endorsments as well but career earnings of a couple million might be accurate.

Certainly 5 million sounds high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Re: What odds would you give on Khan doing a Hamed and walking away....??

i`m not against Khan i`ve enjoyed watching him fight, but he was talking about fights against Hatton and Manny Pac, where as Presscott was thinking about Khan. lack of respect, justice served!

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you add up everything he's made so far from the ring and outside endorsements and take 40% tax and 10%+ agents fees (for the outside stuff) then he'll have somewhere over a million. His family will have made a few quid selling tickets too but nowhere near enough to pay for the house they all moved into which was IIRC £400 000 according to the papers. So take the mortgage and his pension plan off his earnings and he's got hundreds of thousands which is probably all invested. He's not going to retire while there's still big money to be earned, he can still make a few quid more with careful matchmaking. Then he can do reality TV and celebrity crap.

Thread Information