Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fading Pacquiao

I thought against Mosley it was a case of a bad match-up, leg cramps and a bit being too nice.

Against Marquez, he can't definitely be nice. It was a case of Marquez being brilliant and the 'kryptonite' thing between them.

But last night, Pacquiao really showed he is slowing down. He seems to be holding out, conserving his energy and aware that his stamina has diminished. Could be deterioration due to age or just to many wars under his sleeve.

But to me it can be also a case of complacency. The fact that he came in at the heaviest weight of his career and carried more fat than he used to reflects on his training. He could be more focused now but this time, it all went down to conditioning. I have mentioned on another thread that Bradley's chin is above class A. He ate one clean shot that has either put a Pacquiao opponent down or made him ran away like a bitch with tail between the legs the whole fight. I thought only Marquez can handle a berserkerous attack from Pacquiao as he always make him cautious of a counter and seemed like he had planted on Pacquiao's mind that he gets more dangerous when he's hurt.

I believed the Margarito fight made Pacquiao complacent. That camp ran out of time to be in fight form and wide range for weight made made him lose his tenacity. Think of it this way, when a fighter did not try starve himself or atleast get into a strict diet before a fight, fighters seem to be smiling too much during weigh-ins, does not have the 'killer eye', or the staredown antics, and the desire to finish an opponent. I mean it's all good with Pacquiao because he was never the furious type but somehow that restraint from food before kind of made him a nastier beast. That diet and waiting to get the training over and fight started would increase your drive to end an opponent and make him suffer to get that equivalent satisfaction from an agonizing camp.

Manny Pacquiao has had none of these since he fought Hatton (against Ricky he has to lose some water weight 2 days before the fight). Against Cotto they were aiming a weight of less than 145. Clottey is a forgettable fight. Against Margarito, we started to see a different fighter, less savage, pleading to the ref to stop a fight against a man who has been proven to cheat bigtime and openly insulted his trainer's disease. Maybe it's the weight. Too much food, less threat and the wide betting odds. When a fighter losses the fire inside, it's a much apparent decline than athletic ability.
    An empty can is always noisy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fading Pacquiao

You definitely have a point. I too am starting to believe pac is or is beginning to go down hill. He is entering mid 30's and I don't think anyone had as much war as this guy. He is far remove from the Destroyer we saw against MAB and he IMO is not the same prime PacMan that seek and destroyed Cotto. That being said, he still outclass Bradley and if there is a rematch I'm betting Pac the destroyer shows up at least for the last time and puts Bradley to sleep.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is definitely faded. I think Cotto beats him in a rematch now too.

Cotto knows the methods to employ and has a slightly shop worn Manny to deal with.

It's a shame about all this in stable rubbish. Nobody ever wants half these fights Manny is in. People are just told that they want them. Nobody cared for Margarito, Mosley or Bradley. Simply hype sold to the masses with popcorn.

It is empty and false. Even Manny's biggest fights are marred with weight deal issues.

Bob Arum is a cunt.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    He is definitely faded. I think Cotto beats him in a rematch now too.

Cotto knows the methods to employ and has a slightly shop worn Manny to deal with.

It's a shame about all this in stable rubbish. Nobody ever wants half these fights Manny is in. People are just told that they want them. Nobody cared for Margarito, Mosley or Bradley. Simply hype sold to the masses with popcorn.

It is empty and false. Even Manny's biggest fights are marred with weight deal issues.

Bob Arum is a cunt.
    Nobody wanted Mosley, but Margarito and Bradley were fairly credible opponents. Particularly Bradley. Undefeated 140 lb champion.

Nobody wanted to see Mayweather fight Victor freakin Ortiz either or Marquez for that matter.

We've wanted Mayweather vs. Pacquiao for about 3 years now, and both men have screwed around so much that it doesn't much matter anymore.

A bit like what Gamboa and Salido did too.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But we only had Bradley because Bradley went over to Top Rank. It was the only reason. Nobody was demanding Bradley/Pacquiao. Nobody. Barely even suggested anywhere.

Margarito was coming off of his cheating scandal. He didn't deserve a big fight. Again, only made because it was in stable.

Cotto at a CW. A much better fight, but only made because it was in stable.

Mosley. Ancient, hadn't won in years. He jumps ship and saunters over to be Arum's special friend. Again we get a fight that nobody was demanding.

If the judges aren't false, the matchmaking certainly is. The demand is created after the fights are made. It is propaganda and false.

Arum has been doing this for years now with Manny. 'Ask my promoter', what kind of lame line is that? Fuck your promoter you opinion-less droid.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya he's lost that drive to go every minute of every round and I wist the fight with Mayweather happened three years ago but he still manage to outclass a prime Bradley.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But we only had Bradley because Bradley went over to Top Rank. It was the only reason. Nobody was demanding Bradley/Pacquiao. Nobody. Barely even suggested anywhere.

Margarito was coming off of his cheating scandal. He didn't deserve a big fight. Again, only made because it was in stable.

Mosley. Ancient, hadn't won in years. He jumps ship and saunters over to be Arum's special friend. Again we get a fight that nobody was demanding.

If the judges aren't false, the matchmaking certainly is. The demand is created after the fights are made. It is propaganda and false.

Arum has been doing this for years now with Manny. 'Ask my promoter', what kind of lame line is that? Fuck your promoter you opinion-less droid.
    I believe I've heard one or two other fighters besides Manny use that line.

So besides Mayweather who did you demand Pacquiao fight ?

Please name some opponents that Manny ducked or would have been far better than the ones you shot down ?

I will agree with you on old Mosley and Clottey. Those were nonsense.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Please name some opponents that Manny ducked or would have been far better than the ones you shot down ?

My point is about matching within your stable and that being the only possible option. It has been going on for over 3 years with the occasional exception.

Ortiz, Berto or Martinez would have been decent opponents with the flash to give Manny a good fight.

Cotto was the best matchup and that was spoiled by not being WW.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

My point is about matching within your stable and that being the only possible option. It has been going on for over 3 years with the occasional exception.

Ortiz, Berto or Martinez would have been decent opponents with the flash to give Manny a good fight.

Cotto was the best matchup and that was spoiled by not being WW.
    Yeah Bob Arum is a greedy fat cunt and habitually matches his own fighters against each other so he can get double the pleasure from their purses. No argument there.

Martinez vs. Pac or Floyd would be awesome and amazing. Duran fought Hagler so wtf is the problem ? Martinez is a true 154 lber and a small MW anyway.

All of this is true, but Pacquiao won against Bradley. And I didn't think he looked terrible doing it either, could have and should have finished him, but hindsight is 20/20.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all fairness the man has 60 fights, a quite a few of them wars and he's not a defensive wizard. In all honestly its a feat of pure godlike genes that he's lasted as long as he did. His infinite amount of stamina seems to be gone. All in all he had a great run and nothing to be ashamed off except for not having the Mayweather fight, this is regardless of who ducked who and just shame that it didn't happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't say he is fading, I'd say Bradley's boxing style and great movement to the left kept manny at bay.
    This fight was close. I scored it 6-6

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Part of me wonders if they've changed his... Um... Nutritional regime to see if he can do random blood testing and still be the force he'd need to be to beat Floyd.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Part of me wonders if they've changed his... Um... Nutritional regime to see if he can do random blood testing and still be the force he'd need to be to beat Floyd.
    You don't mean cheating a fighter coming from 8 stone up to 11 stone and winning all them titles, may be it was good food and clean living and praying you don't get caught to god that is.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    You don't mean cheating a fighter coming from 8 stone up to 11 stone and winning all them titles, may be it was good food and clean living and praying you don't get caught to god that is.
    Haha! Quality

Also don't forget, nobody wanted the Marquez 3 fight either. Especially under the circumstances that they were fought in. (Catchweight of 144. Nobody gave Marquez a hope in hell at that weight especially Team Pacquiao). Nobody expected that fight to be as challenging as it was.

To be fair to Pac, although nobody wanted Pac vs Bradley, it was his most credible opponent in years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldn't resist

Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information