Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Abraham headed to Miami!

King Arthur Abraham (26-0, 21 KOs) is on his way to the US. The undefeated IBF middleweight champion has boarded a plane at Berlin Tegel at 9.50 am this morning. After a quick stop in Munich, he is expected to arrive in Miami at 4.35 pm local time. “I am really looking forward to the rematch with Miranda,” he said before his departure. “I could not show my true potential in the first fight because of the broken jaw. I will make up for that this time out. Miranda better prepares himself for a tough battle.”
    Together with coach Ulli Wegner, King Arthur will spend the next couple of days at the Lago Mar Resort & Club in Fort Lauderdale. “We are going over early to adjust to the time difference and the climate,” the 28-year-old added. “I will be in top shape on June 21.”
    Wegner has no doubts that Abraham will defeat Miranda again. “Everything has gone well during the preparation,” he said. “I expect a very interesting fight. I am very optimistic because Arthur has trained extremely well. He showed in the first fight how big his heart is and I am sure he will prove it again in America.”
    On their flight to Miami, Wegner and Abraham were joined by Cecilia Braekhus. "The First Lady" of the Sauerland Stable, who boasts a perfect record of seven wins in as many fights (2 KOs), will also be in action on the June 21 show in Hollywood, Florida. “I am thrilled to fight in the US,” the Scandinavian beauty said. “It will be a very interested experience. The preparation with Arthur and Ulli Wegner has once again been very interesting – and quite exhausting. But I keep learning and I want to show that on June 21.” Her opponent will be revealed in the next days.

source fightnews.com

Man...can't wait for that fight...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Abraham headed to Miami!

Gotta give respect to Abraham for coming here to take on Miranda.

I hope they put his jaw together well; cause' the doctor's work is going to get put to the test by Miranda.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

SigmaMu Guest

YES! About time this rematch is made.

Should be a good scrap and I am going to have to go with Miranda on this one. Their first scarp was just nasty on many fronts. I hope things don't get out of hand again. I would love to hear.....

AND NEW!

No one can talk shiet about AA not wanting to leave Europe anymore. I have to give the Europeans some credit for starting to come over more often.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Abraham wins by stoppage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post

Should be a good scrap and I am going to have to go with Miranda on this one. Their first scarp was just nasty on many fronts. I hope things don't get out of hand again. I would love to hear.....

AND NEW!

No one can talk shiet about AA not wanting to leave Europe anymore. I have to give the Europeans some credit for starting to come over more often.
    As far as I know this isn't a title fight...so even if Miranda wins AA won't loose his title...I think its because of the catchweight...

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Me too...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post

AND NEW!

As far as I know this isn't a title fight...so even if Miranda wins AA won't loose his title...I think its because of the catchweight...

Me too...
    Ok when I was checking BoxRec, I thought it was a catch weight too but it is listed as a title fight.

WTF!?

I think Edison is coming back down to 160 :

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post

AND NEW!

Me too...
    The fights at 168 isn't it?

Thread Information