Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miami Vice (the movie)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Miami Vice (the movie)

This is due out July 28th and it's suppose to be THE summer blockbuster but I must say having seen the trailer it could have been done SOOOOOOO much better.

1st off what they got right
    1. Jamie Foxx as Tubbs, good pick
    2. They chase a drug kingpin
    3. It's not campy like Starsky & Hutch
    4. They use very nice cars
    5. They wear very nice suits
    6. Switek and Zito are ok

Now what went wrong
    1. It's set in the now and not the 80's which means NO 80's music (which was half of the show)
    2. COLIN FARRELL - he's not Sonny Crocket, Sonny is supposed to be from Florida and live on a boat with an Alligator named Elvis! He's not supposed to be some queer with an Irish accent.
    3. Lt. Castillo is not supposed to be old and black
    4. No Calderon...he's the MAIN bad guy from the tv show, why isn't he in there

Basically what Yerkovich and Michael Mann have made is Bad Boys III.

I MAY still go see the movie but I'm very disappointed. First The Dukes of Hazzard and now this, what a travesty

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miami Vice (the movie)

wait till they piss on The A Team :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im geussing you had a heart attack when the new Kojack was black right lyle?

El Kabong Guest

Nah I mean it's hard to find cool looking bald white guys, I was more shocked at the Honeymooners....apparently "Bang Zoom, to the moon" was boarding on actually beating your wife and not comedy and of course black people can't beat their wives or threaten them with it....fucking PC Nazi's!!!

Lyle's A*Team line up
    Hannibal - George Clooney
    Face - Luke Wilson
    BA Barracus - either Michael Clark Duncan (for shear size) or Lawrence Taylor (for meanness)
    Howlin Mad Murdock - either Jack Black (first choice!) or Ryan Reynolds

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Nah I mean it's hard to find cool looking bald white guys, I was more shocked at the Honeymooners....apparently "Bang Zoom, to the moon" was boarding on actually beating your wife and not comedy and of course black people can't beat their wives or threaten them with it....F****** PC Nazi's!!!

Lyle's A*Team line up
    Face - Luke Wilson
    BA Barracus - either Michael Clark Duncan (for shear size) or Lawrence Taylor (for meanness)
    Jack black is too short and fat to play Murdock... Its blatantly [b]got]/b] to be Jim Carrey who plays him... they could be twins...

oh and about Miami Vice:

7. Micheal Mann (Heat, Collateral, Ali etc) is directing it

El Kabong Guest

Yeah Michael Mann also did Bad Boys if I'm not mistaken and he did Miami Vice the series with Yerkovich producing.

You miss the point with Murdock..."tall" isn't the defining attribute of Murdock "Howlin Mad" is and Black can play crazy, Jim Carey is too old and mainstream

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was thinking more Terry Crews fro BA

El Kabong Guest

The comedy play between Jack Black and Michael Clark Duncan would be GREAT. But if you don't like Jack Black, Ryan Reynolds would be good as well

AC-Cobra Guest

Nah I mean it's hard to find cool looking bald white guys, I was more shocked at the Honeymooners....apparently "Bang Zoom, to the moon" was boarding on actually beating your wife and not comedy and of course black people can't beat their wives or threaten them with it....fucking PC Nazi's!!!

Lyle's A*Team line up
    Face - Luke Wilson
    Mr.T pities the fool who think you can replace him with Michael Clark Duncan. BA Barracus will be played by the man with first name Mr, second name period and last name T!

El Kabong Guest

...Mr. T is a tad old and has had cancer so I doubt he'd be up for stunts and shooting guns and shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, sucks that they didn't remake this maybe 10 years ago when he would have still been physically up for it. He's the only one I see as unreplaceable.

El Kabong Guest

He'd be the most difficult one to replace...same as Crockett was hard/poorly replaced....Colin fuckin Ferrell....might as well have put Will Ferrell in there!

to be Sonny Crockett here's what was needed.
    1. Insane 80's hair with 5 o'clock shaddow...no handlebar moustache, Colin looks like Mr. Slave from South Park
    2. A rouge attitude, he doesn't play by the rules (lol)
    3. A smart ass chip on his shoulder, should be evident in his relationship with Switek and Zito
    4. loads of pastel designer shirts to go with white and grey suits
    5. A nice boat with an alligator named Elvis on it

El Kabong Guest

Emilio Esteves COULD have been a pick for that role but he's too childish...he lacks the edge needed

Charlie Sheen is not Florida enough for the role he wouldn't look right in the suits and so on...he's very coat and tie not so much coat with t-shirt

Jason Patric he might have been ok but he's balding and his hair is too dark

....but you just can't throw Colin Farrell in there like that...I mean has he seen the show before

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Michael Mann also did Bad Boys if I'm not mistaken and he did Miami Vice the series with Yerkovich producing.

You miss the point with Murdock..."tall" isn't the defining attribute of Murdock "Howlin Mad" is and Black can play crazy, Jim Carey is too old and mainstream
    But he looks nothing like him. Black could play the role off the script but could he look like the original guy? he'd have to be on the slimfast for months... :P

El Kabong Guest

He can grow his hair out a bit...I think the acting will speak better than his looks, he could play the part better than anyone else

Thread Information