Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who should be in prison?

Thread: Why is Bradley Manning in prison whilst war criminals run free?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why is Bradley Manning in prison whilst war criminals run free?

The Real News has done a fantastic piece of work with this coverage of the Bradley Manning situation. The footage shows US military servicemen murdering innocent people including the father of two young children who attempted to assist in the carnage by trying to tend to the shot. His children looked on and saw their dad shot to pieces. Later one of the children had pieces of glass pulled from her eye by a military serviceman who was on the scene and trying to deal with the fallout. The US military serviceman was blamed for not securing the area. How dare he assist bloodied children?

Today Bradley Manning who helped release this footage is held in prison in arguably tortuous conditions whilst the people who committed war crimes are free and off the hook.

I know what the typical responses to this thread will be. In many ways it is a blatant attempt to stifle discussion and marginalize my views. You defend what is right and proper and you have trolls defending state interests and blatant war crimes. "How dare Liberals suggest that our military defends war crimes?". Well, it is a fact and the evidence exists. And furthermore the US keeps political prisoners and that is precisely what Bradley Manning is.

So my poll of the week. Who should be in prison? Manning or the war criminal butchers?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why is Bradley Manning in prison whilst war criminals run free?

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    The Real News has done a fantastic piece of work with this coverage of the Bradley Manning situation. The footage shows US military servicemen murdering innocent people including the father of two young children who attempted to assist in the carnage by trying to tend to the shot. His children looked on and saw their dad shot to pieces. Later one of the children had pieces of glass pulled from her eye by a military serviceman who was on the scene and trying to deal with the fallout. The US military serviceman was blamed for not securing the area. How dare he assist bloodied children?

Today Bradley Manning who helped release this footage is held in prison in arguably tortuous conditions whilst the people who committed war crimes are free and off the hook.

I know what the typical responses to this thread will be. In many ways it is a blatant attempt to stifle discussion and marginalize my views. You defend what is right and proper and you have trolls defending state interests and blatant war crimes. "How dare Liberals suggest that our military defends war crimes?". Well, it is a fact and the evidence exists. And furthermore the US keeps political prisoners and that is precisely what Bradley Manning is.

So my poll of the week. Who should be in prison? Manning or the war criminal butchers?
    I thought Bradley Manning was brown bread? Fell off a roof at Christmas, Stacey effed off abroad, Max tried to slide in there at the death but she gave him the Spanish?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you talking about some kind of English soap? It's completely over my head. I haven't watched that stuff in a decade. I've no idea.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you talking about some kind of English soap? It's completely over my head. I haven't watched that stuff in a decade. I've no idea.
    Shut up you tart

Actually it was an episode of Jeremy Kyle. I'll send yout the youtube link, its a cracker.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Shut up you tart

Actually it was an episode of Jeremy Kyle. I'll send yout the youtube link, its a cracker.
    Bring it on. Jeremy Kyle is a real life soap. That's what happens when you get Eastenders and a 15 million audience for 30 years.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I recall being home last February and seeing Jeremy Kyle on TV for the first time. It was downright peculiar.

Still, I would like to see this clip as it sounds rather dramatic.

Thread Information