Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Has always felt like he essentially retired after his first significant heavyweight win and initial defense. Think he could have done so much more but he settled on twitter wars and laying an egg in his showdown with "glass chin" Wlad. Wonder if he ever got his money back for those dumb t shirts. And I see it said a lot about unifying cruiser but did he really? I mean the wbo. while O'Neil Bell unified the 3 major belts Holyfield actually held.

Thing is Bell won then lost the belts to the guy Haye bashed up in Mormeck then he (Bell) went on a losing streak and dissapeared, Haye was looking to move to Heavyweight well before he got the WBA, WBC and WBO plus the Ring mag belt in he Enzo fight.

3 belts qualifies for unifying and personally i think he'd have put Bell to sleep
I dunno about Haye sleeping Bell but it's more plausible than the much talked about Haye v Holyfield 'what if' when he went up . Bell could bang and he got Mormeck out first and he also grabbed The Ring belt. Surely Haye benefited a bit from the 22 rounds of lumber Bell put on Mormeck prior but guess that goes for anyone after the fact. True true 3 belts qualify but still..the wbo . Bell did go out rough. Came back for 1 win then next we heard he was being gunned down by street trash. Sad really.