Quote Originally Posted by goti71 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
We all want Spence-Crawford. Hopefully the powers that be will make it happen sooner rather than later. By later I mean when age begins to creep in as an excuse. Now that Spence dispatched Mikey back down to the lighter weights... and after Crawford is done dispatching the "Brook-dodging" Khan... hopefully it'll start clearing the way toward The Big One. Of course, I wouldn't mind the Thurmans and the Porters of the division getting in there first, just to establish that Spence and Crawford are indeed the cream of the division. Pac was great but his time is done. That would be just another distraction and time delay for The Big One, which is what we boxing fans really want to see. Hopefully it won't be treated like Pac-Floyd was handled..... horribly.
Different scenarios. Anyone that understands the sport knew Floyd would fleece Manny. So of course Bob wasn’t in a rush.Spence/Crawford is a mystery.

Spence’s PPV seems above 360k in buys so let’s hope Crawford’s tops 300k to move closer. I doubt it does good numbers though. Like always in boxing I expect things to go wrong. The numbers will say Crawford should take less and Bob will refuse, that part we’ve seen before.

It may come down to Crawford and what he wants. If he wants to become another pawn in boxing's mindless promoter games, I guess we may be in for another "Floyd-Pac circus". If Bud really wants Spence in the ring, it'll happen with the timing that will please the fans.
They probably haven't made much money at such an early stage (I mean retirement-securing money), so I wouldn't expect them to really want to risk a loss just yet. But of course that would apply to everyone.

No doubt money is the determining factor here. If so then it's too bad, because a loss by either fighter... unless it's a catastrophic loss... shouldn't be seen as the end of their earning power. If the fight's good there's always the rematch to be had. At least that's how it was back in the simpler days of boxing.... before the mega-million dollar purses. Plenty of ATG's with at least one loss on their records.