Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    The whole reason professional boxing exists is to make money. If he could have sold another 30000 tickets for the cheapest ticket price of £40, im really sure as a business man that Hearn purposefully turned down another £1200000! Are you mental?

Hearn would say that as the reason rather then "im not sure we would sell that many tickets"
    Nope I agree that the atmosphere would be better and louder in the o2 than in an open stadium, imagine if its raining and shit, which happens in england a lot. And why wouldnt have Hearn sold out a football stadium if he really wanted to? Course he would have done, this fight is bigger than Calzaghe-Kessler IMO.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...-Froch-Kessler

Read that, thats why he didnt put it in a football stadium.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

He must be making the money from PPV sales.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont need to read the shit that Hearn has said for naive people to believe, if could have generated another 12 million quid he would have. I cant believe you could be so fucking gullible!

How is 2 faded fighters who are 1 loss away from retirement bigger than the top 2 fighters in a division that are unified undefeated fighters facing each other and creating an undisputed champ!

I know you like Froch but those 2 things you just said are blind loyalty rather than basic common sense.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont need to read the shit that Hearn has said for naive people to believe, if could have generated another 12 million quid he would have. I cant believe you could be so fucking gullible!

How is 2 faded fighters who are 1 loss away from retirement bigger than the top 2 fighters in a division that are unified undefeated fighters facing each other and creating an undisputed champ!

I know you like Froch but those 2 things you just said are blind loyalty rather than basic common sense.
    Well i dont understand why you think it wouldnt be a sell out if they did put in a football stadium, if they sold out the event in a day...Of course they could have sold out a massive football stadium if they wanted to. And I do think the reasons he explained are legit. It would be a better atmosphere in the o2 than a football stadium, and thats what this fight needs.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unhappy Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

You just don't seem to understand the concept of business.

I run 2 small business and if I had the option to make a further 12 million quid, rahter than restricting what I could earn in favour of a cosy "atmosphere" I know after the millions id shelled out getting to that point id be taking the bigger option and maximise my earning potential.

I wouldn't mind betting when it did sell out fast that Hearn was majorly pissed off he didn't try for the bigger stadium. This is potentially Frochs last fight and I'm sure Harn would want the best monetary option available.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If they'd have timed it better, they could have done Wembley and it would have sold out still.

Plus then maybe I'd have got a bastarding ticket, rather than them selling out in minutes.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    If they'd have timed it better, they could have done Wembley and it would have sold out still.

Plus then maybe I'd have got a bastarding ticket, rather than them selling out in minutes.
    Id have liked to have gone to this and may still do if I can get a decent ticket last minute but alot of tockets must get bought in bulk by touts or whatever youd call them.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Notice, he doesnt want any part of Kessler.

In fact, its like he never even watched the first fight, or even knows they have already fought because hes saying stuff like Frochs speed and his activity. His activity? He landed a grand total of 98 punches against Kessler!

I am seriously wondering whether he has got them mixed up...
    Kessler don't bring him British PPV money.
    Neither does Froch.

Last time Kessler fought in the UK he had over 50 thousand people in a stadium watching him.

When Froch fought Bute in one of his biggest fights, in the uk he did it in an arena that only holds 9000. Kessler is better known in the UK than Froch is.
    What the fuck you talking about? Hopkins is looking at Froch as a potential opponent. If the Froch-Kessler PPV is a success, and Froch wins, they can repeat it with Hopkins. That's why Hopkins is calling him out
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In fact, its like he never even watched the first fight, or even knows they have already fought because hes saying stuff like Frochs speed and his activity. His activity? He landed a grand total of 98 punches against Kessler!

Neither does Froch.

Last time Kessler fought in the UK he had over 50 thousand people in a stadium watching him.

When Froch fought Bute in one of his biggest fights, in the uk he did it in an arena that only holds 9000. Kessler is better known in the UK than Froch is.
    What the fuck you talking about? Hopkins is looking at Froch as a potential opponent. If the Froch-Kessler PPV is a success, and Froch wins, they can repeat it with Hopkins. That's why Hopkins is calling him out
    Yeah because Hopkins is all about the big name opponents, Karo Murat... Hopkins is looking for the easiest name, not the biggest name and someone he knows is only a genuine super middle, unlike Kessler who has shown good power at light heavy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither does Froch.

Yeah because Hopkins is all about the big name opponents, Karo Murat... Hopkins is looking for the easiest name, not the biggest name and someone he knows is only a genuine super middle, unlike Kessler who has shown good power at light heavy.
    Oh I understand now. Hopkins is ducking Kessler... carry on
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither does Froch.

Oh I understand now. Hopkins is ducking Kessler... carry on
    No, Hopkins is looking for the highest profile, slower, smaller fighter as he has always done.

If Kessler wins Kessler is as high profile as Froch would be, so whats the difference? Froch would be dumbfounded like he was against Ward, whereas Kesslers workrate would trouble Hopkins.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id have liked to have gone to this and may still do if I can get a decent ticket last minute but alot of tockets must get bought in bulk by touts or whatever youd call them.
    Touts and promoters had most of them. Apparently, by the time they went on sale, there were only a third left. Then the general public had to compete with touts for what was left.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins would prefer Froch to Kessler and Ward not because of the moment but style wise he stands a better chance.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Hopkins would prefer Froch to Kessler and Ward not because of the moment but style wise he stands a better chance.
    I hope the fight never happens.

Would rather see Hopkins vs Clev.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I hope the fight never happens.

Would rather see Hopkins vs Clev.
    I meant money and Cleverly would be like fighting Joe Galzaghe again in terms of work rate but Cleverly does not have the skill of Joe to adapt.

Thread Information