38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So Porter/Thurman is on

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I had it the same as the judges. Definitely a close fight and could have gone either way. I think a rematch is in order. Thurman could be so much better if he would use a jab just a little bit.
    I think the karate background limits him. It is too natural for him to get into a karate stance. That's why he can't punch at all when moving. In a karate stance it is easier to kick on the move than it is to punch IMO. And why everything he does is looping, hooks, uppercuts from distance, overhand rights. If he could add anything straight down the middle to his repertoire he wouldn't be so predictable and he could probably start getting KOs again. But with how obvious he is I don't see him stopping top level fighters ever.

Give the guy a jab and a straight right and I think he could rule the division. But as is I'll take Kell or Spence over him.
    Well soon enough Spence will rule the division. He will wipe the floor with these guys in about a year.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto has martial arts background, do you think that has held him back because I do not.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Berto has martial arts background, do you think that has held him back because I do not.
    I think Jacks of all trades are masters of none.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched it, great fight. Love to see a rematch.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it the same as the judges. Definitely a close fight and could have gone either way. I think a rematch is in order. Thurman could be so much better if he would use a jab just a little bit.
    I think the karate background limits him. It is too natural for him to get into a karate stance. That's why he can't punch at all when moving. In a karate stance it is easier to kick on the move than it is to punch IMO. And why everything he does is looping, hooks, uppercuts from distance, overhand rights. If he could add anything straight down the middle to his repertoire he wouldn't be so predictable and he could probably start getting KOs again. But with how obvious he is I don't see him stopping top level fighters ever.

Give the guy a jab and a straight right and I think he could rule the division. But as is I'll take Kell or Spence over him.
    Well soon enough Spence will rule the division. He will wipe the floor with these guys in about a year.
    Good fight. Close fight. Thought Thurman outboxed him by just a bit.

Agree Spence is going to dominate very soon.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Thurman beats Spence.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thurman beats Spence.
    Maybe if he takes him early Lennox vs Michael Grant style, but even then I favor Spence.

I like Thurman too and he is more proven.

Still, Spence is amazing.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thurman beats Spence.
    When? I bet they don't fight in 2016 or 2017. Because Spence is about to destroy Bundu and the he will be lined up for a shot at Brook. Brook will probably drop his IBF belt and hold onto his WBO or move to 154 like Hearn keeps saying. So then Spence will fight someone for the IBF. That puts us at least through the spring. So when?

For the record Thurman himself is backing off his talk of a rematch with Porter(who's surprised?) and looking at the weakest champ for the most money in Garcia(who's surprised?). Following Brooks lead except Brook didn't worry about money, only the weakest champ mattered. I don't see any point for Hayman or Garcia to make that fight. With the ratings Thurman/Porter got and how much people liked the fight it should do even better in a rematch Thurmanwould come off looking really bad if he doesn't give him the rematch. I think Haymon forces it and Thurman wins more decisively.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Turned out a better fight than expected. A draw would have been fair. However, either nicking it was fair too. Worthwhile rematch.

The way Porter was throwing Thurman around like a rag doll shows how strong Brook is.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Turned out a better fight than expected. A draw would have been fair. However, either nicking it was fair too. Worthwhile rematch.

The way Porter was throwing Thurman around like a rag doll shows how strong Brook is.
    The only problem is that Brook beat Porter a million years ago and has beaten absolutely NOBODY Since.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I meant Brooks physical strength at 147 literally. He was able to throw Porter off him as well as push him back and smash his face in.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Yeah porter looks very physically strong and deserves a rematch.

Thurman did hat he had to do but may have lost a little heart when his best shots weren't discouraging porter. Kells win looks better after Saturday but it was afew years ago & he needs to step up again soon

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a hell of a fight. Close as hell and there should definitely be a rematch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I set the DVR to record the fight and didn't think to set it to auto-extend. Because of this, I was only able to watch the first 8 rounds.

I've been going to YouTube like crazy to see if it's been leaked..

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information