Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  39
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spence activates rematch clause.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Spence activates rematch clause.

What happens in the rematch and what weight class will Crawford stipulate?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence activates rematch clause.

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    I thought I read somewhere (and I might be imagining it) that the loser gets to stipulate the weight? I reckon I have got it wrong because it obviously doesn’t sound right.
    I understand Spence activating the rematch clause because it’s the best money fight out there for him.
    But I think Crawford wins again , whichever weight it’s at because I think he was also looking at moving up.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ego and pride are obviously driving Spence's decision, but I can't believe he seriously thinks he has a chance of reversing the result.

It's not as if it was close or controversial.

I would argue that Crawford boxed within himself and still won easily.

I think Spence would benefit from a tune-up at 154 just to get his confidence up, because an immediate rematch with someone as stellar as Crawford will just yield the same result.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surely rematches have happened in the boxing past that was dominant one way then reversed in the rematch?

It’s possible.

Crawford beats all versions of Spence but expect plenty of excuses to build the rematch.

Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence will want it at 154lb but the same outcome will occur. Spence was awful looking back at the first fight. Crawford did not really move up the gears.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When a fighter takes a beating like that. It is wise to have two or three tune up fights. Or his career is over.

Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence will not be allowed to have warm up fights before facing Crawford, not should he be entitled to either.

Spence will take another beating, lose, collect his money and try campaign at the new weight. Probably without much success and retire.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Crawford probably stops him in less than 3.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Posted as much in another thread... and will post it here.

Rematch will probably happen at 154. Spence may or may not be more competitive... but he gets whupped again.

Activating the clause takes the Canelo-Crawford circus off the boards, at least for now. One less obstacle to allow Canelo to keep avoiding the dangerous opponents in his OWN weight division.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would definitely say Spence should take a get back fight at 154 and give himself every shot of salvaging and steadying remainder of career. Saw talk that he may very well replace Derrick James too.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Would definitely say Spence should take a get back fight at 154 and give himself every shot of salvaging and steadying remainder of career. Saw talk that he may very well replace Derrick James too.
    calvin ford & roy jones jr are rumoured to be in the running as replacement options
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    calvin ford & roy jones jr are rumoured to be in the running as replacement options
    Never been big on Roy as full time trainer. Partly as he’s still determined to fight himself but Roy is going to Roy and always be a focus. He and Spence come off as polar opposites in personality and style. Either way, new trainer screams “tune up needed” before a Bud rematch with them.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never been big on Roy as full time trainer. Partly as he’s still determined to fight himself but Roy is going to Roy and always be a focus. He and Spence come off as polar opposites in personality and style. Either way, new trainer screams “tune up needed” before a Bud rematch with them.
    I don't think that Spence has a tune up in him, and I am pretty sure that Errol doesn't think that he has one in him, either. To me, it looks like a cash out move, because his option, moneywise, is Crawford and a tune up fight would put that at risk.
    The trainer change...I remember when Derrick was getting a ton of credit for teaching Spence to fight like a pro. In my opinion- and a this is based on a detailed email he sent me regarding a fighter I was with detailing what he saw as that fighter's limitations and how he would fix them- he fundamentally misunderstands some things about stance and weight distribution and transfer. I think that all of these things are visible in the fighter. I don't think that the change is going to make a difference; you aren't going to make any changes in a short term situation, even in the best of circumstances, and I don't think that Spence will do any sparring beyond the bare minimum for this fight. If offered, I would take the payday but I wouldn't quit my job because it is not a career positive.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I don't think that Spence has a tune up in him, and I am pretty sure that Errol doesn't think that he has one in him, either. To me, it looks like a cash out move, because his option, moneywise, is Crawford and a tune up fight would put that at risk.
    The trainer change...I remember when Derrick was getting a ton of credit for teaching Spence to fight like a pro. In my opinion- and a this is based on a detailed email he sent me regarding a fighter I was with detailing what he saw as that fighter's limitations and how he would fix them- he fundamentally misunderstands some things about stance and weight distribution and transfer. I think that all of these things are visible in the fighter. I don't think that the change is going to make a difference; you aren't going to make any changes in a short term situation, even in the best of circumstances, and I don't think that Spence will do any sparring beyond the bare minimum for this fight. If offered, I would take the payday but I wouldn't quit my job because it is not a career positive.
    Really interesting, as always. Do you think that those issues about weight distribution and transfer show in Anthony Joshua as well?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight needs to happen at 154 for Spence to even have a chance
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Thread Information