Thread: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Financial angle wins again. And let's face it it's going to every time.

There wasnt many decent options for him but this was bottom of the list. Expect a similar tactic to Ruiz 2. Fight will be shite - they should use that as a tagine.
    Is the fight in Morocco?
    Fucking LMFAO πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€© 🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀣🀣🀣🀣🠀£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ€©πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ˜ 🀩😍🀩😍🀩😍🀩😍🀩😍🀩πŸ’₯πŸ ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact that nobody sees things with their own eyes makes it look like I’m an AJ fanboy , when honestly I’m not.
    This is a disgraceful fight for many reasons , as it was when Fury fought him. And the only person to blame is Hearn.
    This isn’t the option AJ wanted. BUT……. Wallin went life and death with Fury , Joshua beat him easy!
    Ngannou beat Fury, Joshua will beat him easy!
    So from a bullshit perspective it proves volumes. From a Boxing and World level perspective, it proves fuck all!
    Nothing against Ngannou , but he should not be allowed to fight these high profile fights, other HW’s have worked their way into a position to make these fights, most would beat Ngannou, but don’t get their moment in the spotlight.
    Usyk beats Fury, if there’s a rematch , Usyk wins that as well.
    Then Usyk will have to wait while a credible opponent comes into the reckoning, which will probably be Jai Opetaia in about 18-24 months.
    And if , by the time Usyk has seen Fury off , Fury and AJ are still around, they will fight a β€œDivision 2, best of the rest” fight. Whether there is a title at stake is proven to be totally irrelevant. It will still make more money than the β€œReal World title fight”.
    Why? Because Boxing fans (in particular Brit boxing fans) are MUGS with more money than sense and allow this to happen.
    Sermon over!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you think that's bad just wait until usyk and Francis fight

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's a good fight from team aj's side. he gets to fight a novice. he gets a chance to look good over the guy who embarrassed tyson. he gets to stay active. it's a big payday. francis gets another bag & depending how he performs he could be in more big money fights
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    it's a good fight from team aj's side. he gets to fight a novice. he gets a chance to look good over the guy who embarrassed tyson. he gets to stay active. it's a big payday. francis gets another bag & depending how he performs he could be in more big money fights
    So is it a sport? Or is it some kind of Benevolent Charity for Boxers and MMA fighters?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolute joke. Joshua is a two time world champion supposedly on the comeback route fighting good opponents to get another title shot …. But he fights a 37 year old having his second pro fight in front of about 25 disinterested Saudis.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wilder... for sure... has to be wilder then fury if fury beats usyk.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

****i'm elite❗❗❗ i'm the new breed of heavyweights ❗❗❗***

bwahahahahah

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    ****i'm elite❗❗❗ i'm the new breed of heavyweights ❗❗❗***

bwahahahahah
    AJ rant about modern day training and new heavyweights being better than the old is rubbish when you have a weak mentality. He crumbled against Ruiz and outwitted by Usyk.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"The good thing is about that one [Ngannou], we've already had a look at him now," Clarke told Sky Sports.

"Before Fury was like the tester. He had to get in there when he wasn't quite sure and neither were we about what he was going to get.
    "I think he [Joshua] can beat him and can beat him well.

"If the world title is your aim, then I would probably say you'll want a more competitive name on your resume to get back to that stage.

"You've been at the top, you've come down a bit, and you've now just fought Otto Wallin to bridge the gap. Maybe you need to bridge the gap again to the next level up to get you ready for the world titles. I'm not sure if Ngannou is that?

"Saying that he had a good performance against Fury, but then again, what does it come down to? I hate having this conversation with people, because it's not what people want to hear, but pound notes is a massive thing in boxing and I think ultimately that will do the talking."

Zhilei Zhang's team confirmed he was also in talks to face Joshua, but Clarke believes the Chinese contender would be a very dangerous proposition after his back-to-back stoppage wins over Joe Joyce.

"He's going to be the one most avoided now, if I'm honest," said Clarke. "I think he's an absolute nightmare for a lot of fighters.

"He's a huge problem, he's a nightmare in the division.

"I don't think we'll see Anthony Joshua in the ring with him any time soon, unless it's for a world title in China.

"If anyone has got any brains about them, they'll learn from Joe Joyce's mistakes."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f9df0bd4&ei=85
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua when you look at it how young he is and how huge he is and how muscular he is and how athletic he is should really be unbeatable but what has always struck me about him is that he seems to lack self-confidence and that killer instinct.

I'm surprised because the way he demolished Klitschko made me think he had a lot of killer instinct. I was honestly expecting to see Anthony Joshua continue fighting the same way he did against Klitschko and basically tear up the division. I guess we can say after he got knocked out by Ruiz that maybe he lost his confidence and he got spooked and became gun shy. I guess it happens to a lot of fighters. The thing that gets me about him though is look at how huge he is look at how massive he is he should technically be almost unbeatable when you Factor in his youthfulness and his athleticism.

Yes he has done well and only has three losses on his record. Avenged one of them even if it was in a snooze fest.

In a strange way in my opinion he has a lot in common with Adrian broner in that he seems to be a little bit disconnected from the reality around him and believes himself to be a lot greater than he actually is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing that gets me about him though is look at how huge he is look at how massive he is he should technically be almost unbeatable
    a long time ago they fought in 6 oz gloves. do you know that after you throw a few punches in 6 oz horse hair gloves the horse hair padding spreads out everywhere but your knuckles? there is no man that is so big that he can stand up to such a punch and back then knowing that they must have thought it so silly to be so big.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua when you look at it how young he is and how huge he is and how muscular he is and how athletic he is should really be unbeatable but what has always struck me about him is that he seems to lack self-confidence and that killer instinct.

I'm surprised because the way he demolished Klitschko made me think he had a lot of killer instinct. I was honestly expecting to see Anthony Joshua continue fighting the same way he did against Klitschko and basically tear up the division. I guess we can say after he got knocked out by Ruiz that maybe he lost his confidence and he got spooked and became gun shy. I guess it happens to a lot of fighters. The thing that gets me about him though is look at how huge he is look at how massive he is he should technically be almost unbeatable when you Factor in his youthfulness and his athleticism.

Yes he has done well and only has three losses on his record. Avenged one of them even if it was in a snooze fest.

In a strange way in my opinion he has a lot in common with Adrian broner in that he seems to be a little bit disconnected from the reality around him and believes himself to be a lot greater than he actually is.
    This "zero killer instinct" thing is a bit exaggerated. He can be overly cautious but you can't pretend he hasn't shown it on several occasions. Joshua had already caught Povetkin in round 6 and spurred on by that his instinct and finishing here in Round 7 is pretty flawless

https://youtu.be/Z6AkPWEyoFk?si=iY6lZZlFccA-hwAh&t=2005
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is plenty great without being A Great. He is a late starter and a bit of an overachiever really. Certainly much more than the robotic bodybuilder Fury pretends he is in order to hide his own overblown achievements. Joshua has good fundamentals, a killer uppercut, a decent jab and a pretty classy overhand right on occasion. He is a bit dull but refreshingly honest and free from the bullshit Fury etc sputs most of the time. No excusing his post-Usyk meltdown but Fury is way more embarrassing about 99% of the time he opens his gobshite mouth.

Personality wise his arguing with old rival Whyte during their fight and then the smile as he knows he is catching him and then the joy in finishing him so spectacularly suggests he doesn't take himself too seriously and can enjoy himself at times. Also another great example of a killer instinct more than capable of keeping Fury down and out

Last edited by Beanz; 01-09-2024 at 07:09 AM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    So is it a sport? Or is it some kind of Benevolent Charity for Boxers and MMA fighters?
    Ran across the term 'Fanagers' to describe some fans today. It feels pretty accurate. We all understand it's "prize fighting" but it's become a bit ridiculous. Discussions revolve around their bag, what he deserves, ppv buy rates, who has more followers, who should get a bigger split and earns the most. Tbh it's fuckin weird. Like we're working as personal accountants and actual division and fighter progression becomes secondary. You know...best facing best and who beats who . Ngannou has been afforded the opportunity based in large part on sport celebrity rather than long substance. The nasty irony is that his one and only fight skyrocketed him due to a "controversial loss". While the boxing graveyard is littered with contenders and journeyman who also "got robbed" but became just another stat or trivia question after that one night.

Thread Information