Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Abraham vs Dirrell

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    If dirrell is given andre ward like head butting privilages then i give him every chance on this one and stopping abraham on cuts

If however on this occasion the european fighter is given a fair crack at the whip it`ll be a abraham massacre
    Agreed. The whole thing was as controversial as the farce we had here last March in Manchester with Barrera. Ward was the home fighter and was allowed to get away with headbutt after headbutt. The travelling fighter was very poorly treated.

Abs could be in for somethig similar. If it goes 12 then Dirrels getting the nod whether he deserves it or not.
    Totally agree with that. Dirrell got away with murder last time out and wasn't penalised at all. It was all so blatant as well. I'm not all that impressed with Dirrell and all that 'god' bollocks does my head in. I hope Abraham covers his head properly and gets Dirrell out of there.

I didn't realise this weekend was so stacked. Cheers to KS for pointing that out. Should be fun!

It was ward we were talking about mate

Sure dirrell spent 12rounds running, clenching and falling to the floor. But thats not half as bad as someone who clearly gets away with 3-4 headbutts in a fight. And im not by any means saying it was american bias, i am saying it was oakland biased. Ward would of been thrown out of the ring had that of been in vegas.

Abrahams toughest test by an absoloute mile here. Dirrell is awkward enough thousands of miles away, god only knows what he`s got planned in his very own town.

I think most boxing fans european/american etc will be hoping this doesnt turn into a 12round game of chase....but it will
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    If dirrell is given andre ward like head butting privilages then i give him every chance on this one and stopping abraham on cuts

If however on this occasion the european fighter is given a fair crack at the whip it`ll be a abraham massacre
    Agreed. The whole thing was as controversial as the farce we had here last March in Manchester with Barrera. Ward was the home fighter and was allowed to get away with headbutt after headbutt. The travelling fighter was very poorly treated.

Abs could be in for somethig similar. If it goes 12 then Dirrels getting the nod whether he deserves it or not.
    Totally agree with that. Dirrell got away with murder last time out and wasn't penalised at all. It was all so blatant as well. I'm not all that impressed with Dirrell and all that 'god' bollocks does my head in. I hope Abraham covers his head properly and gets Dirrell out of there.

I didn't realise this weekend was so stacked. Cheers to KS for pointing that out. Should be fun!

Do u mean Ward?

Dirrell is a spoiler too but Ward is more subtle with his headbutts cuz they dont look intentional but they do alot of damage. Kess was cut over both eyes. The ref did nothing but atleast he broke the action. Dave Paris on the otherhand let Kahn nut Barrera and let him carry on attacking him, there was no break until round 5. Ive seen refs call time for borderline low blows, rabbit punches etc but a severe headclassh that leaves one guys cranium exposed and he doesnt do anything. Anyways I digress. A year on Im still angry about that and want to assult Daves close family members. Abs needs to be aware that it wont be easy in Amercia and he can just look at Kesslers fight to see that it will be 2 against 1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two things gonna be at play in this one for me man. Interesting fight.

Dirrell doesn't seem to like the pressure and will run, but Abraham spends so much time shelled up like Clottey that this may give Dirrell time to be clever and really pick his shots.

On the other hand, Dirrell has been caught and flattened sliding the ropes with a wide hook by I can't remember who. He was caught retreating, which he does alot with his hands down. One thing for sure is that Abraham will be much more accurate and faster than Carl Froch was with his wide hooks with better technique so theres every chance that he'll get caught again. If Froch was actually that good, he would have caught Dirrell much more, but at the same time, if Dirrell was any good, he would have given the slow and cumbersome Froch a boxing lesson.

I like an Abraham knockout in this one, just catching Dirrell on the run.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was leaning towards Dirrell stealing this on points by running and getting a home town decision. He may be borig like he was vs Stevens but they may give him the nod but now im not so sure. I saw this knockdown and it reminded me why he is so negative. He doesnt trust his own chin. Vs Froch he was running cuz he knew he couldnt take flush shots and its something that will never leave him abit like Audley even though Dirrell showed he could take a fair punch

Dirrels one of those guys that when he gets knocked down he is temporarily out. His lights are turned off but he has great recovery skills. Abit like Joe. 12 rounds is a long time to run. Sooner or later Abs will catch him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEM2hVz3wfo

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do u mean Ward?

Dirrell is a spoiler too but Ward is more subtle with his headbutts cuz they dont look intentional but they do alot of damage. Kess was cut over both eyes. The ref did nothing but atleast he broke the action. Dave Paris on the otherhand let Kahn nut Barrera and let him carry on attacking him, there was no break until round 5. Ive seen refs call time for borderline low blows, rabbit punches etc but a severe headclassh that leaves one guys cranium exposed and he doesnt do anything. Anyways I digress. A year on Im still angry about that and want to assult Daves close family members. Abs needs to be aware that it wont be easy in Amercia and he can just look at Kesslers fight to see that it will be 2 against 1.
    I think I probably do.

All I know about these two fighters is what I saw in their last two fights against Froch and Kessler. I keep getting them mixed up because they are both called Andre and both fight ugly. The one that beat Kessler is the god bothering weirdo and used his head a lot and I have the post fight interview in my head even now. The other one is the ponce that kept jumping on the floor everytime he got touched. No, I don't like them. I hope they both lose.

That Khan/Barrera fight was twisted and seriously screwed up. I have never seen a cut as bad as that and for it to go on until round 5 was criminal. Khan will get his comeuppance in due course!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was leaning towards Dirrell stealing this on points by running and getting a home town decision. He may be borig like he was vs Stevens but they may give him the nod but now im not so sure. I saw this knockdown and it reminded me why he is so negative. He doesnt trust his own chin. Vs Froch he was running cuz he knew he couldnt take flush shots and its something that will never leave him abit like Audley even though Dirrell showed he could take a fair punch

Dirrels one of those guys that when he gets knocked down he is temporarily out. His lights are turned off but he has great recovery skills. Abit like Joe. 12 rounds is a long time to run. Sooner or later Abs will catch him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEM2hVz3wfo
    Rocha, that was the guy.

Yeah man, I definately think Abraham has the quality, technical skills and power to catch Dirrell just as sufficiently as Rocha did. I think Froch and his man McCracken had Dirrell figured out totally, which is why they threw so many wide looping hooks, I just think Froch wasn't good enough or quick enough to carry it out. Abraham is good enough and quick enough... So IMO AA is gonna catch Dirrell.

Thread Information