User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sam Peter....under 240 WOW

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Sam Peter....under 240 WOW

So Sam Peter, whose career has been in the basement since the loss to Vitali (although it wasn't going that great after Wlad beat him) has gotten a winning streak built up and recently beat Nagy Aguillera (whom recently stopped Oleg Maskaev) in 2 rounds.

But what I am impressed with is Sam Peter's technique (he's faster, more agile, he's moving more and better and his hands are faster too) and the fact he's finally closer to being in shape....he weighed 237, that's phenomenal considering he's weighed 243 vs Wlad, 253 vs Vitali, and 265 vs Eddie Chambers.

I'm not sure Sam Peter will ever hold a title again, but he's in better position now than he was a year ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX0je8eJbw0

Sure Sam Peter still has some sloppy moments but I'll be damned if he doesn't look 100% better than he did last year and maybe even better than when he fought Wladimir. Sam is putting punches together better (he's no Shane Mosley but he's better than he was before), he's using the jab, he's countering well, and his punches are less loopy and they are definently quicker. I would love to see THIS Sam Peter fight the WBA title holder (preferably after Wlad takes that title off his hands), Cris Arreola, Tomaz Ademek, or even a rematch with Wlad...I'd love to see Sam Peter earn that. Of course Sam will still lose to Wlad, but Sam Peter being in shape, active and not just looking for the 1 big homerun punch will add some excitement and depth to the division.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Sam Peter....under 240 WOW

.....oh and of course I know Sam Peter has been fighting bums but that's erroneous because Sam Peter has gotten in better shape (it's a fact) and just looks better in the ring. He looks more like a boxer and less like a fat slob

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where were you on fight night? We had a whole thread for this........
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Peter is a guy with great potential...IMO he could be a guy who could beat either of the Grimm Brothers...But Sam became too confident with his power over second tier or fading fighters that he failed to keep improving.....

I mean he improved greatly from the 1st Toney fight to the second...But stopped his progress...

Good chin...Good power...Ability....But Lazy...

Maybe he learned a lesson and is using the bums to practice and get better....Maybe not

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes always struck me as lacking the internals,imagination.He def is in better shape and can still make waves but I still see a good bit of probe-probe-plod-load up.Reactionary at times trying to land the >><<.In fairness these particular fights are the showcase sort,so I cant fault him to badly.He just needs to be consistent...when he steps up again he wont have the luxury of waiting around and they wont all fall over with a few big shots.For some reason I just had hopes of a Arreola vs Peter fight.Think it would be harsh.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes as people have been saying Arreola vs. Peter would be a very good fight. Or at least could be.

Sam Peter I don't have much use for anymore though, after his pathetic effort against Vitali. And then losing to Chambers.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Yes as people have been saying Arreola vs. Peter would be a very good fight. Or at least could be.

Sam Peter I don't have much use for anymore though, after his pathetic effort against Vitali. And then losing to Chambers.
    I would say those fights were more of a learning experience for him then anything...Tough for a guy who bangs everyone out to come with terms the day that power does not serve him as it had previously.

Peter was victim to a bigger stronger fighter and had not plan B

Peter was victim to a fighter that could box well and was not easy enough to hit for his power to have any use and again no Plan B

So now is the rebuild process and we find out what if anything he has learned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure if its just me, but even the "New Improved" Peter I saw KO Aguilar seems adequate at best...I would wager big that this version would be taken out pretty quickly by even a present day David Tua...Sam Peter could never challenge either Klitschko brother and I doubt he will be anything more than a gatekeeper for the best in the division....

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see any improvements in Peter there. He got a journeyman out relatively early. Oh, and he was about 237. Big deal? No.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think he did a bit better than he's given credit for, he looked a bit more patient than usual and was working behind the jab instead of just going guns blazing and trying to for a KO, also timed the over hand right nicely in the 2nd, his counters looked good also, of course this is against a journeyman and his defense still has too many holes in it, but i think that if he keeps coming in shape and takes his career a bit more seriously that he might be able to make some noise again, there are fighters who've suffered worse losses than Peter and have bounced back

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stopping to eat burgers before bedtime can make wonders on one waistline.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Sam Peter....under 240 WOW

Sam will eventually get a title shot and with that said he will always have a punchers chance.
    ITS ALMOST SHOWTIME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Promoter View Post
    I'm not sure if its just me, but even the "New Improved" Peter I saw KO Aguilar seems adequate at best...I would wager big that this version would be taken out pretty quickly by even a present day David Tua...Sam Peter could never challenge either Klitschko brother and I doubt he will be anything more than a gatekeeper for the best in the division....
    I agree with teh Peter assesment. Great guy but just seemed to take way too many clean shots and then just wing big punches. He can hit..thats all... Id like to see him Vs Tua. But I think tua is even more one dimensional.

Thread Information