Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Quote Originally Posted by NUCLEAR BULL View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Hopkins "clean effective punching" is exaggerated by his lack of success in the fight.

Look at these very revealing statistics from Hopkins last eight fights. Apart from the fact that Calzaghe hit Hopkins MORE times than any other fighter in history (I know, all those punches don't count ), the stats highlight that Hopkins had more trouble effectively hitting Calzaghe than any other fighter he faced.

Hopkins - 130/317, (35%) Taylor - 124 of 391, (32%)
Hopkins - 133/417, (32%) Tarver - 78/437, (18%)
Hopkins - 152/640, (24%) Wright - 167/618 (27%)
Hopkins - 127/468, (27%) Calzaghe - 232/707 (33%)
Hopkins - 172/530, (32% ) Pavlik - 108/463 (23%)
Hopkins - 205/497 (41%) Ornelas - 113/508 (22%)
Hopkins - 185/526 (35%) Jones - 82/274 (30%)
Hopkins - 171/445 (38%) Pascal - 105/353 (29%)

Cazlaghe simply stopped Hopkins game. He should surely get credit for that? And it obviously highlights why the MAJORITY saw Calzaghe win the fight
no way joe landed 232 in that fight noway........ like i've siad before its more 150...170 if i count someother pity patters.......look there are plenty of guys here who are or where boxer......me being one of them, as a ex fighter i'm telling you 232 is not the total....compubox is someone in the crowd with a counter in there hand clicking it everytime they think a punch is thrown.....that night must have been a bad night for who ever counted joes landed punches.....theres a big diff to punching and touching....that night joe touched hopkins plenty lol but punched him 155ish
So ex-fighters can count better than normal humans? Tell me this then, as an expert ex-fighter, would you have landed 232, sorry i mean 170 punches on Hopkins, which is still MORE than any other fighter?

Your superior ex-fighter counting ability still makes Calzaghe more successful than anyone else. And doesn't change the fact that Hopkins found Calzaghe harder to hit than anyone else. Fact.

I don't think you're understanding the gravity of what he is saying mate. He's ex fighter. You're just a fat civilian who looks a bit like Shuan Murphy.

When you've laced up a pair of gloves and hit the heavybag at your community youth centre then your opinion might stand for something. Right now you are as much an authority of boxing as Miles is on Middle East issues.

What an incredibly dumb argument. That's like saying you cannot be an expert on WW1 history unless you have actually fought in the actual war. Of course actual experience would count, but if the combatant were an illiterate pleb with no ability to formulate a cogent argument, then surely that would place the academic who is able to interpret documents and evidence on a much higher pedestal.

As someone who follows boxing as closely as Fenster does, his opinion is as valid as anyone elses. And just as valid as Butterbeans too for that matter.

You are a silly, silly man.
hahahahaha Miles is clearly so wound up and agitated by his self imposed politics ban that he's not even reading posts properly and cannot detect even the most obvious of sarcasms.

Read it again Miles, I'm not mocking Fenster, I'm mocking the guy who said he knew more because he was a fighter

PS, some good political threads planned for later, the Obama revival, and mounting evidence of a nuclear arms pact between North Korea and Iran. They will wind you mightily, but sadly you cannot have an opinion until February.
Sarcasm doesn't always come across well in the printed form. But yes, I have been reading a fair bit of interesting stuff each morning as I catch up on my news and am itching to set loose. But I am just too busy right now.