Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why does nobody hate unemployed British Immigrants?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why does nobody hate unemployed British Immigrants?

The system if allowed to continue , then it need to give people an opt out clause , if you don't want any of your taxes going to dead legs and immigrants then you should be able to have a tax rebate and opt out.
    Then if the people who are happy to pay for these people , they can make up the short fall.
    That seems very fair to me.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    The system if allowed to continue , then it need to give people an opt out clause , if you don't want any of your taxes going to dead legs and immigrants then you should be able to have a tax rebate and opt out.
    Then if the people who are happy to pay for these people , they can make up the short fall.
    Seems fair. Let the BHL crowd pay for them waste cases.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Seems fair. Let the BHL crowd pay for them waste cases.
    Bleeding heart liberals is an American term. It's dumb and witless like your posting. You aren't British or European so get your head out of everyone else's arse it's embarrassing. You are such a wet fish.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'd also have to have an option to opt out of having to pay taxes to fix problems caused by smoking, drinking alcohol, overeating etc. Who is without sin? Do you exercise a lot Al? If not I'd like to not pay tax towards any health costs that you are going to incur for us.

Also, immigrants pay more tax than gets spent on them. Proven. Don't let a simple fact stop you repeating that kind of line. You're entitled to your opinion but at least let it be based on fact. If you don't like foreigners living here then just say it. You have before.

Nobody wants to pay for people that simply refuse to work. Despite how often you imply people do.
    It's just some people can understand that making blanket statements (or policies if you were in charge) affects and harms lots of people that do not deserve to be harmed. Therefore people generally try to look for solutions that will solve the problem without ending up harming people that deserve help.

Trying to separate the truly worthy from the 'scroungers' is difficult but it is what governments are trying to do. If you have any solutions that might actually work then say so.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

We'd also have to have an option to opt out of having to pay taxes to fix problems caused by smoking, drinking alcohol, overeating etc. Who is without sin? Do you exercise a lot Al? If not I'd like to not pay tax towards any health costs that you are going to incur for us.

Also, immigrants pay more tax than gets spent on them. Proven. Don't let a simple fact stop you repeating that kind of line. You're entitled to your opinion but at least let it be based on fact. If you don't like foreigners living here then just say it. You have before.

Nobody wants to pay for people that simply refuse to work. Despite how often you imply people do.
    It's just some people can understand that making blanket statements (or policies if you were in charge) affects and harms lots of people that do not deserve to be harmed. Therefore people generally try to look for solutions that will solve the problem without ending up harming people that deserve help.

Trying to separate the truly worthy from the 'scroungers' is difficult but it is what governments are trying to do. If you have any solutions that might actually work then say so.

You don't I have my own private health care.
    A large number of immigrants either don't work or earn well below the taxable rate , that is a fact , they also have families who need health care etc.
    You honestly believe the equation works ? Well our financial state is testament to the fact is isn't working.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    "Unemployed Britons in Europe are drawing much more in benefits and allowances in the wealthier EU countries than their nationals are claiming in the UK, despite the British government’s arguments about migrants flocking in to the country to secure better welfare payments."

Revealed: thousands of Britons on benefits across EU | UK news | The Guardian
    These people aren't economic migrants. There are several million Brits in France, Spain and Italy. These are people who've bought a house abroad and moved the family. The money they're picking up will be mostly child benefit claimed by their "unemployed" mothers. There's a massive difference between a bunch of middle class Brits heading off for a life in the sun moving abroad with hundreds of thousands of pounds of assets and a bunch of dirt poor economic migrants moving the other way to slash labour rates for almost all British workers, take housing and healthcare and education resources away from native Brits and take away large numbers of their jobs.
    Most illegal immigrants in this country are Australian and American. People have no problem with them.
    Now I know we are talking about the migration of EU workers, but the reason most people are ok with the above, but not ok with legal migrants from the EU isn't for the reasons you have said. You may have an objective and reasoned argument against immigration but for many others their real objections are far more insidious, and you know it.
    There are a lot of racist people. There is a far bigger group of people who are not racist but are threatenend by people coming into the country and undercutting them for work and employment in general, adding to the schools and doctors rolls meaning more competition for places and services, more competition and increased pricing for housing and so on. Yet if any of these people mention the effect immigration has on them they're immediately classed as racists and bigots.

It's possible for their both to be a small minority of people having racist reactions to immigration and an actual majority of the country who are affected by this but are scared to say anything or make much ofa fuss about it due to being branded racist.

The problem is that the political class don't want to talk about immigration. We have a demographic problem where we're going to have a shortage of working people to pay the pensions of an ageing population so the least worst way to deal with this is mass immigration. This is something all the parties have signed on to so the party that used to stand for workers' rights, the Labour party, who campaigned against joining what was then called the Common Market (now European Union) in 1973 because freedom of movement would cut British labour rates, is now busily smearing anybody who doesn't agree with mass immigration as a bigot.

The Conservatives love it because the people who fund the Conservative party get cheap labour and bigger profits.

This is why we're seeing the rise of UKIP and the Front National in France. Actual working people don't have anybody representing them and have politicians actually working against them. It's not going to end well.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even when you include benefits paid to working immigrants like tax credits the country is better off with them in rather than out -- until they retire and start costing serious money. But the current immigration boom kicks that can thirty odd years down the line past the time when the fiftysomethings running the country in government and the civil service have had their index-linked pensions paid by the new arrivals and then carked it. It's something for the next generations to deal with then.

What would really make things more equal is to let the chattering/political/media/professional metropolitan classes, and I'm thinking particularly London here, experience what the rest of the country has to deal with.

India produces ten million graduates a year. Far more than they need and graduates over the re are working for as little as 5k a year.

So I'm thinking send over a million visas foe English-speaking graduates. Let them come over here and let the graduate/management class in England (currently with an effective zero percent unemployment rate) feel the benfits of immigration. No more pay rises, zero hours contracts, terrified to be the first to go home every day, having to do unpaid weekends and overtime every time the phone rang and so on. Not to mention lots of them being made unemployed, house repossessions and so on. Only then would there be a change in policy. But how do you change policy? How do you pay for our demographic time bomb?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A large number of immigrants either don't work or earn well below the taxable rate , that is a fact , they also have families who need health care etc.
    You honestly believe the equation works ? Well our financial state is testament to the fact is isn't working.

I don't believe it works perfectly. But I believe the solution needs to be something that doesn't punish people that deserve help. Which is a difficult thing to gauge.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plus far too many of the nitwits dont even speak good enough English to work in most places, and the ones that speak "some" English are causing great consternation and stress with the customers who are struggling to communicate with them. English should be mandatory, both in the UK and US. BHLs make me sick. Sure let 'em all in, that'll be ~goooooood~ for UK society. Nutjob politicians selling the whole place out. Wanna emigrate? LEARN ENGLISH TO A FUNCTIONING LEVEL. "FUNCTIONING" means being able to converse in great detail about account balances, certificates of deposit, interest rates, other investment details (if they wanna be, oh, say, customer service reps for banking call centers), or electric/gas/water utilities details as regards your monthly statements, etc. (if they wanna work for a call-center in the PSE&G sector) etc... the list goes on. Proficient English should be mandatory, and I should personally write the qualifying exams, me and Miles, to test their butts out as to their literacy.
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 01-22-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop making huge assumptions about countries you don't live in Brockton. I meet many new working immigrants here every week. They are not the ignorant people you seek to portray them as. They are lectures, professors and heads of department in the universities I work at, so good luck teaching them English. You and Miles both teach English as a foreign language, we get that, but there are many with phds and masters on the forum, so please try and get over yourself.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are people with phds and masters on this forum? That sounds important. Who?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    There are people with phds and masters on this forum? That sounds important. Who?
    Coincidentally I have a masters.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's what i wanna know.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Coincidentally I have a masters.
    Beautiful. and........One guy has a really Powerful Max-ters degree.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    That's what i wanna know.

Many used to post here before you dragged the place through the gutter.

I am on one level surprised, considering your constant behind the scenes campaigning I thought you might have stopped to draw breath and actually ask someone about themselves, but on another level not at all surprised that you thought you and Miles were 'special' cases.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information