Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye v Ruiz O2 arena April 3rd 2010

if hayes hand goes again early in this fight could b trouble for him as the quiet man knows how to win ugly and could quite easily frustrate haye, but if the hayemaker holds up i think mid to late round stoppage.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    The euphoria in the UK from the valuev fight really suggests to me haye needs a knockout victory here to carry the bandwagon on

Ruiz is the kind of guy that can make you look real ordinary. To the common boxing fan you`d suggest this to go the distance. But the masses wanna see blood and a sell out o2 arena will not take kindly to haye running his way to a 12round decision nor will the national media
    Exactly. I think all the boxing followers will be well aware of Ruiz's style, and how he's not going to provide the most entertaining of bouts if it goes the way he wants it.

However, the casual fans, and those who have seen Haye demolish opponents, and rattle the Rock from the Bloc (they should have had me helping with the PR for that one!) will want, and expect to see Haye blast through Ruiz to set up the bout with the Klitschko's that everyone is looking for. A 12 round hug-fest will probably give Haye a decision, but it may turn off a lot of people who tuned in to see Haye beat Valuev.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz is made for Haye to look good. Haye will just need to make sure he does not injure himself, take his time and batter Ruiz in the process. Made to order for Haye.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz.....*Jab* *Jab* *Grab*... BREAK.... *Jab* *Jab* *Grab* ...BREAK...
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen Ruiz fight lately, and he's getting up there in ring years. That said, I'll air on the side of caution and see it go the distance of a complete snore-fest with Haye pulling out a decision. Of course, unless Ruiz lands a punch on that china-chinned jackass and puts him to sleep. However, I think the later is less than likely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this fight signed now?

I haven't heard it for def yet!

Haye mid round KO for me. Also may I congratulate Lyle on his success at not talking about David Haye. It must be 5 weeks now!

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A British ref is going to break Ruiz every time he tries to hold and will stop him any chance he gets. I think Haye stops him inside the distance.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

Haye mid round KO for me. Also may I congratulate Lyle on his success at not talking about David Haye. It must be 5 weeks now!
    5 weeks, it feels like forever!...I'm waiting for people to stop bitching about the Klitschko's but seeing how there a ton of Brits on this site and even the people who aren't Brits give the Klitschko's a hard time, I'll just be content to wait it out until one or both of them KO that "special someone" and then....well then I may get banned for just being a total prick and gloating....I may fly over to England afterwards just to rub your noses in it

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is a 50/50 fight.The difference in championship and hvy top competition cannot be any more vast.

Ruiz is---Fugly,nasty,over fed,over exposed,unbearable to watch but he is the armor plated cock roach of the current heavyweight crop.And has been that way for yearrrrrrrrrrrrrs.Wiley,sneaky potent right hand and could care less if he stinks out the arena,I honestly think he'll give young Mr.Haye many problems.Forget about that Tua ko,that was a lifetime ago on a then Deer caught in the headlights Ruiz.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many fucking times has Ruiz fought for the WBA title? They should just give him the damn thing to keep so he can retire already.

Haye will win, but Jones and Toney already dominated Ruiz when he was still a decent fighter, not over the hill like he is now.

Haye had his chance to fight the Klitchkos after all that talk and now he's fighting RUIZ?

Thats a joke.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    How many fucking times has Ruiz fought for the WBA title? They should just give him the damn thing to keep so he can retire already.

Haye will win, but Jones and Toney already dominated Ruiz when he was still a decent fighter, not over the hill like he is now.

Haye had his chance to fight the Klitchkos after all that talk and now he's fighting RUIZ?

Thats a joke.
    It is a convenient mandatory for Haye, make some money, keep the title longer and look good in doing so.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Thats a joke.
    It is a convenient mandatory for Haye, make some money, keep the title longer and look good in doing so.
    How many times has Ruiz been the mandatory for the WBA trinket? The guy is ALWAYS fighting for that damn thing.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

5 weeks, it feels like forever!...I'm waiting for people to stop bitching about the Klitschko's but seeing how there a ton of Brits on this site and even the people who aren't Brits give the Klitschko's a hard time, I'll just be content to wait it out until one or both of them KO that "special someone" and then....well then I may get banned for just being a total prick and gloating....I may fly over to England afterwards just to rub your noses in it
    I actually have a lot of respect for the Klits, I am relieved they have been around for the last few years, could you imagine just how shit the HW division would have been without them??

I just hope Haye beats them thats all!!

Thread Information