Thread: who has come out of this worse?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: who has come out of this worse?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    thing is with Ricky he is giving the people who dont rate him less and less to moan about...

they used to complain that he never stepped up.... so he knocked out KT the P4P no 2 at the time
    Kostya Tszyu was #2 PFP in June 2005 when Hatton beat him
    I think Mayweather, Wright, and Hopkins would have something to say about that, among others.
    Tszyu was a great champ, but he was 35 years old and had fought once in the past 29 months when he got in the ring with Hatton.
    hope this helps

http://web.archive.org/web/200503230...ound4pound.php

how easy they forget

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thing is with Ricky he is giving the people who dont rate him less and less to moan about...

they used to complain that he never stepped up.... so he knocked out KT the P4P no 2 at the time
    Kostya Tszyu was #2 PFP in June 2005 when Hatton beat him
    I think Mayweather, Wright, and Hopkins would have something to say about that, among others.
    Tszyu was a great champ, but he was 35 years old and had fought once in the past 29 months when he got in the ring with Hatton.
    hope this helps

http://web.archive.org/web/200503230...ound4pound.php

how easy they forget

Thanks for finding the list, but I have to say that I couldn't disagree more with it. Hopkins was the clear cut #1 still at that point, as he hadn't lost to Taylor yet. And Mayweather in my eyes was already above Tszyu as soon as he demolished Diego Corrales and then beat Castillo at 135. Mayweather would've destroyed Tszyu if they had fought at the time that this list was produced.
    I just can't see how Tszyu could've been considered the 2nd best fighter on the planet in early 2005.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

memory does that to people once a fighter loses...

but the fact was around the time before the hatton fight he was most peoples no2 p4p

some even had him at the NO1 Spot ((mind you they were OZ sites ))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but the fact was around the time before the hatton fight he was most peoples no2 p4p

Is there a way to search old Ring Magazine pound-for-pound lists? I'd be interested to see where they had Tszyu.
    Saddo, do you think Tszyu was a better fighter in 2005 than Mayweather was? Because that list had Tszyu ranked ahead of him.

I remember Mayweather being the consensus #2 PFP guy. And he jumped to #1 as soon as Hopkins was beaten by Taylor in mid-2005.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having watched it again SOBER

Hatton only looked bad in one round and we all know that was RD 5

he dosnt have stamina issues he got hit to the body moving out and stopped moving out after that thus nullifying the only tactic Urango had... smart move IMO

but he did hit and hold for the last 4 rounds not out of Stamina but to steal the fight... Mayweather ran for the full 12rds in a snoozer to steal the fight and hes supposed to be the P4P No1 so for me it did Mayweather more harm as he is supposed to be the p4p no1 FFS

so then they would say oh but he never fights out of the UK thus giving him the home advantage.... so he moved up in weight won a close one against Collazo... a champion at a higher weight and Urango and won all but one round. both in the US of A

so we get to the well hes taking easy fights...
    WTF his last 4 fights have been against world champions at 2 weights

so we are here back to the start again the same spot we were at before the KT fight Ricky is stepping up against his SECOND p4p fighter in Castillo and as they cant chip away at where he is fighting and who he is fighting they are saying he will get beat prob KO'd JUST LIKE THEY DID BEFORE TH KT FIGHT.

Ricky has earned his stripes IMO for what he has achived in his career hands down and no one will change that.

thing is it wont stop because if he beats Castillo which i think he will on points or maybe a late shock KO win.

they will all say Castillo was on the slide so pay not attention to it... it will go on till Ricky like ALL fighters finally losses then they will claim he was over hyped.

ITS A FUNNY OLD GAME
    one of the best and most intelligent posts ive seen. cc saddo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see why Tszyu shouldn't have been at no. 2, as his performances against Judah and Mitchell were exceptional. Better say than PBF's outings against them, and at the time Mitchell was rather highly regarded as a Light Welterweight.

But I do think that Hatton ran into some trouble the other night, not specifically with Urango who was pretty one-dimensional, but I do honestly believe that he was suffering in the latter half of the fight, both from the punches delivered in rd 5 and from tiredness. Although I'm not a big fan of Wayne McCullough I think he is right in respect to Hatton and his weight issues. You can't keep piling on the pounds and losing them like he does, it will catch up with him eventually, and I think last weekend was the first sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I think just all that moving got him tired and once the pace started to slow it was hard for him to get back to moving because Urango is so strong.

Hatton won and he still managed to have a decently exciting fight....I don't remember the last exciting fight Floyd Mayweather had
    It was just last year against Arturo Gatti. Remember now?

Armless Joe Jobber can have an exciting fight with Gatti...Arturo's fights are exciting no matter who he is in with
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there a way to search old Ring Magazine pound-for-pound lists? I'd be interested to see where they had Tszyu.
    Saddo, do you think Tszyu was a better fighter in 2005 than Mayweather was? Because that list had Tszyu ranked ahead of him.

I remember Mayweather being the consensus #2 PFP guy. And he jumped to #1 as soon as Hopkins was beaten by Taylor in mid-2005.
    AT THAT TIME Tszyu was rated better than Mayweather who was coming of fighting WHO he struggled against Castillo and Tzyu was the punching machine far above Castillo at the time who would catch you clean going away from him... it you think Mayweather ran against Baldy he'd have run even more against KT and there was a chance of him being caught by one of KT hum dinggers if they met at that time KT would have been the bookies fav without question

On another note that no one seems to be picking up on.... Ricky next fight is against THE BEST FIGHTER Mayweather has FACED... i really think Mayweathers p4p no1 positon today may need reavaluating if Ricky does a number on Castillo

But then i think DLH will sort that out for us before hand

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ring Magazine
    For Period Ended June 1, 2005
    POUND-FOR-POUND
    1. BERNARD HOPKINS
    2. FLOYD MAYWEATHER
    3. KOSTYA TSZYU

It's just opinion though. Whether he was rated 1, 2 or 3, the fact is, Hatton stopped a universally recognised P4P great fighter.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I like Hatton he's nowhere near the level of Mayweather yet. Mayweather polished off Castillo like all of his opponents. He will run rings around De La Hoya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AT THAT TIME Tszyu was rated better than Mayweather who was coming of fighting WHO he struggled against Castillo and Tzyu was the punching machine far above Castillo at the time who would catch you clean going away from him... it you think Mayweather ran against Baldy he'd have run even more against KT and there was a chance of him being caught by one of KT hum dinggers if they met at that time KT would have been the bookies fav without question
    If I remember correctly, Zab Judah was a substantial betting favorite in his fight with Tszyu. I believe Judah was somewhere around a 3-1 favorite.
    Given that, I find it hard to believe that Mayweather would have been an underdog against Tszyu.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hughesd
    As much as I like Hatton he's nowhere near the level of Mayweather yet. Mayweather polished off Castillo like all of his opponents. He will run rings around De La Hoya.
    It might shut a few mouths and open a few more if Hatton goes out and stops Castillo!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hughesd
    Have you seen their first fight
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

Is there a way to search old Ring Magazine pound-for-pound lists? I\'d be interested to see where they had Tszyu.
    Ring Magazine
    For Period Ended June 1, 2005
    POUND-FOR-POUND
    1. BERNARD HOPKINS
    2. FLOYD MAYWEATHER
    3. KOSTYA TSZYU

It\'s just opinion though. Whether he was rated 1, 2 or 3, the fact is, Hatton stopped a universally recognised P4P great fighter.
    I like Hatton. It bothers me to hear people bad mouth him for silly reasons. The hatred for him is so pathetic that people actually convince themselves that Collazo beat him. Which is wrong. Despite all that it\'s very hard to ignore the fact that in over 40 fights Hatton has fought Tszyu and nothing much. Why is that?
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definatly Hatton. Floyd took some shots from Zab, but to be fair Zab is incredibly fast and was being underrated by everyone because of his upset loss to Baldomir. Floyd won very convincingly though. And the Baldomir fight, as lackluster in terms of violence as it was, Floyd displayed his incredible technical ability and looked the part of the #1 P4P.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Thread Information