Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: floyd turns down Mosley....

Like the article indicates, with Margo suspended, Cotto vs Mosley 2 may well happen. I'd love to see it, personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is retired... Comprende!!!!!

BX and Jonesmayweather are absolutely despicable and nauseating, Floyd is not a coward he stepped away from the sport if you jokers cant recognize that then your not capable of understanding a STOP sign or opening a childproof aspirin bottle... Floyd retired a year and a half ago, left a huge payday with Oscar on the table because he DOSENT WANT TO FIGHT ANYMORE... You guys are just jealous, hating mean spirited pricks

END OF

Shame on you Miles... To buy into their crap, Floyd has made a decision to retire from a very demanding and dangerous sport, that requires insane dedication and preparation. He isint active anymore nor has he been for a while... To call him a fraud because he dosent want to end his almost 2 year retirement and fight a what everybody considered a sacraficial lamb for Margarito in Mosely, has me really scratching my head about you

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The biggest challenge is Mosley, the biggest money is Manny. If Mosley was the biggest money I think Floyd would fight him and beat him. He isn't interested in legacy, just cash. I'm certain he'll fight again and he'll fight the Hatton-Pacman winner.
    Exactly my thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And another thing JonesjrMayweather, your a disgrace, sharing Floyds name in your user name.. You should have Saddo change it since you are clearly riding the Mosely bandwagon this week, and was nowhere to be found until Shane beat margarito

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY View Post
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. Turns Down Shane Mosley - Boxing News

Exactly the reason why floyd will never get the respect he thinks he deserves. Every time he has a live challenge he turns it down and goes for a vulnerable option. Coward is probably my best description of him.

He wants Pac and doesn't want Mosley. Go figure. Mosley right now is in a great position that has opened up many options and has put any fighter willing to fight him in position to make more money. floyd has no excuse besides the fact the he's just no willing to risk losing his "0".
    Well its quite obvious you just don't like PBF. Definitely one sided and some untrue. Keep in mind Mosley is my all time favorite fighter as I write this and I am no PBF fan. I just respect and am not in denial about his skills. But I am in no way bias. I remain a true boxing fan. You have a few things you fail to point out. One, PBF is retired. Its like me going on record and saying PBF is ducking me now because he is not coming out of retirement to fight me. Two, PBF left an Oscar fight on the table to retire so I'm pretty sure he isn't ducking anyone but just wants to retire or take time off. Three, PBF offered Mosley a fight twice and was turned down once and priced out the second. But of course, PBF is the coward because now he is in retirement not fighting anyone. Fourth, PBF never said he wants Pac or any other fighter for that matter. Fifth, PBF never made any statement it is everybody else making it for him and all the fans and anti-fans mixing half truths to create whatever they wish it to be. Like this thread. Let the man retire. Like Calzaghe, Lennox Lewis, and every boxer who retire. They are not active only your mind is so lets move on.
    I guess you're underinformed because everyone who's following the developments knows floyd told his people to entertain offers. You can't have it both ways. If he doesn't want to fight then he should not say he wants to entertain offers. All of a sudden, the guy who poses the one of the biggest threats to his "0" comes off a big win showing he has plenty left and everyone of his fans calls him retired again. Bull!!!
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: floyd turns down Mosley....

Seriously why come out of retirement and fight Sugar Shane when he can wait it out and fight Manny Pacquiao. Floyd seems to be picking his shots carefully. Right now Pacman is on fire and he will be an inferno when/if he beats Hatton. Now granted Shane has a good following but not quite the way Manny does or Hatton. Floyd has to be in the mega spot light not just the spot light and Manny will provide this. And I really think that Floyd feels most fighters are beneath him at this stage including Shane and Oscar. He figured he beat Oscar so why fight him again because it would have done nothing for his legacy. Beating Shane will do nothing for his ego because I believe that he thinks Shane is not on his level. I do not believe he will fight Hatton again either because he beat him already. Manny will be the only fighter that will bring him out of retirement not Shane, Hatton, Margarito, Williams or Oscar. Manny has the p4p title, HBO backing, global following, and a real challenge that Floyd needs. I think we will see Pacquiao vs Mayweather by the end of the year. If Hatton beats Manny then Floyd will stay retired. If Berto can continue a winning streak then maybe in 2 years we will see Floyd come out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    And another thing JonesjrMayweather, your a disgrace, sharing Floyds name in your user name.. You should have Saddo change it since you are clearly riding the Mosely bandwagon this week, and was nowhere to be found until Shane beat margarito
    are you serious? dude please so I must jumped up to nearly 2000 posts in a matter of weeks? relax guy...

here are two threads i started in 2006..three years before shane beat margo

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...eat-floyd.html

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...-beat-pbf.html

and my threads supporting floyd long before:

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...class-pbf.html

this one was why floyd shouldnt even give margo a shot....

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...-tiajuana.html

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ito-winky.html

So you can just relax with that mosley bandwagon shit...in fact before the forum change its layout, when it had sad clicks

my name was "jonesjrmayweather+mosley" and my caption used to read "RJJ,SSM,PBF,TITO,EVANDER top 5 fav"

so you can lick some fags balls with that bandwagon shit. I've been away for awhile so it would seem like im new. I'm just objective on pbf, and the fact is he wont be considered that high up on the all time great list because he doesn't have the opponents. and its not even like the argument with guys lke JC,JONES, and HOP where its was who's going to go to who's country which is a big issue...Floyd left fighters that are right on his own soil. THAT SHOULD COUNT AGAINST HIM. Calzaghe beat everybody in europe, bhop beat everybody in the states and so did roy.....Fact is floyd retired to protect his fucking record...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly the reason why floyd will never get the respect he thinks he deserves. Every time he has a live challenge he turns it down and goes for a vulnerable option. Coward is probably my best description of him.

He wants Pac and doesn't want Mosley. Go figure. Mosley right now is in a great position that has opened up many options and has put any fighter willing to fight him in position to make more money. floyd has no excuse besides the fact the he's just no willing to risk losing his "0".
    He is either retired or waiting for Pacquiao how is that being a coward? How is Hatton or Oscar the vulnerable root? Cotto isn't better than either of them. Margarito was a fraud. If he is retired, why should Mosley be the one to draw him out of retirement? Mosley doesn't bring a load of money to the table. Mayweather has never been scared of anyone, but he does fight for money, and money alone.

As for JonesJrMayweather, he's an idiot, period. I don't think his cerebral cortex capable producing a logical thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

He is either retired or waiting for Pacquiao how is that being a coward? How is Hatton or Oscar the vulnerable root? Cotto isn't better than either of them. Margarito was a fraud. If he is retired, why should Mosley be the one to draw him out of retirement? Mosley doesn't bring a load of money to the table. Mayweather has never been scared of anyone, but he does fight for money, and money alone.

As for JonesJrMayweather, he's an idiot, period. I don't think his cerebral cortex capable producing a logical thought.
    [/quote]Mosley had already lost loads of speed by the time he was 147... Its his age not his weight that makes him way slower than he used to be in reflexes, and in every other way. Mosley doesn't have the power he used to, and Vargas who is way slower than Mayweather could him alot of times which would have never happened to a younger Mosley...[/quote]

This your quote from three years ago...seems like you didn't know shit then and still don't...get floyds ball sweat out of your eyes and maybe you won't take every comment that doesn't say "floyd's the best at everything" as not liking him....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    i can no longer defend the guy in terms of where he stands in the all time ranks. whether he's retired or chooses to come back and fight. as it stands he not an all time great. He's on the same page as calzaghe IMO. Good fighters with great numerical numbers.
    I won't defend him for anything else but putting him on the same page as Calzaghe?? No way..

The guy became a world champ in his 18th or 19th fight. Won titles in 5 different weight classes. Has fought legit threats and live opponents in or close to their peaks. (Corales undefeated, Ricky Hatton undefeated, Jesus Chavez, Jose Luis Castillo x2, Oscar with all advantages in Oscar's favour, Judah).

Sure, he has faced a few dead bodies in there along the way but putting him in the same vein as Calzaghe is taking the piss...You're comparing Floyd to a guy who fought nobodies (apart from an old, short notice Eubank) until his 43rd or so fight.

Blegit, you've made the smartest post so far. Well done. People forget to mention that Floyd was calling Mosely out closer to both of their primes. Now that Mosely is somehow on top again, a retired Floyd is 'ducking' him? Pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    i can no longer defend the guy in terms of where he stands in the all time ranks. whether he's retired or chooses to come back and fight. as it stands he not an all time great. He's on the same page as calzaghe IMO. Good fighters with great numerical numbers.
    I won't defend him for anything else but putting him on the same page as Calzaghe?? No way..

The guy became a world champ in his 18th or 19th fight. Won titles in 5 different weight classes. Has fought legit threats and live opponents in or close to their peaks. (Corales undefeated, Ricky Hatton undefeated, Jesus Chavez, Jose Luis Castillo x2, Oscar with all advantages in Oscar's favour, Judah).

Sure, he has faced a few dead bodies in there along the way but putting him in the same vein as Calzaghe is taking the piss...You're comparing Floyd to a guy who fought nobodies (apart from an old, short notice Eubank) until his 43rd or so fight.

Blegit, you've made the smartest post so far. Well done. People forget to mention that Floyd was calling Mosely out closer to both of their primes. Now that Mosely is somehow on top again, a retired Floyd is 'ducking' him? Pathetic.
    well sure floyd is higher, but honestly speaking corrales and castillo got their fame by beating each other...although diego was very good at the lower weights he was limited and not really a p4p fighter. castillo was tough. much can be said for kessler and lacy.

now floyd's fights with chavez,hernandez,manfredy, and oscar are what may give him the edge but then calzaghe beat bhop...then bhop smashed pavlik so the argument of bhop being way past it loses weight. so i think they're even...

floyd may well could beat mosley,cotto,margo,berto,williams,clottey but he didn't and he doesn't get ranked high because of possible victories, he has to actually do it. and there's no need for the "what ifs" because these guys are right here in the states and in his era....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well sure floyd is higher, but honestly speaking corrales and castillo got their fame by beating each other...although diego was very good at the lower weights he was limited and not really a p4p fighter. castillo was tough. much can be said for kessler and lacy.

now floyd's fights with chavez,hernandez,manfredy, and oscar are what may give him the edge but then calzaghe beat bhop...then bhop smashed pavlik so the argument of bhop being way past it loses weight. so i think they're even...

floyd may well could beat mosley,cotto,margo,berto,williams,clottey but he didn't and he doesn't get ranked high because of possible victories, he has to actually do it. and there's no need for the "what ifs" because these guys are right here in the states and in his era....
    Sure, he beat Bhop..or did he? Many people don't think he did...but I'll take that arguement because it's what the record books say at the end of the day.

Fair point.

However, the whole point about Corales is that people were 50/50 as to who was going to win that fight. Floyd took a big risk and dominated him. It annoys me when people say Floyd 'NEVER' took risks. Sure, he was more conservative in his selection later on but I personally don't think that the guy is actually 'scared' of anyone.

I just think Floyd achieved more and didn't stay in a dead division which he could have done and dominated like Calzaghe for years. If anything he is guilty of moving up too quickly without facing all elite fighters in the division but it's a trade off...do you want to win belts in multiple divisions or stay in one division and be dominant?

Which one is right or wrong? Which feat is more impressive? These are another set of variables that could be argued..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure, he beat Bhop..or did he? Many people don't think he did...but I'll take that arguement because it's what the record books say at the end of the day.

Fair point.

However, the whole point about Corales is that people were 50/50 as to who was going to win that fight. Floyd took a big risk and dominated him. It annoys me when people say Floyd 'NEVER' took risks. Sure, he was more conservative in his selection later on but I personally don't think that the guy is actually 'scared' of anyone.

I just think Floyd achieved more and didn't stay in a dead division which he could have done and dominated like Calzaghe for years. If anything he is guilty of moving up too quickly without facing all elite fighters in the division but it's a trade off...do you want to win belts in multiple divisions or stay in one division and be dominant?

Which one is right or wrong? Which feat is more impressive? These are another set of variables that could be argued.

which is why i say theyre the same....each one is good in its own right...can't penalize guy for not changing weight classes because the heavys never change and ali is considered p4p and atg...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's compare Oscar when he fought Mayweather to Mosley now. Oscar before fighting Mayweather beat the crap out of Mayorga, not only only dropping him with a left hook in the first round (Trinidad stopped Mayorga to the body, and couldn't hurt Mayorga upstairs even when Mayorga gave him freeshots to his jaw), but Oscar also picked Mayorga apart with his jab until he hurt Mayorga and stopped him on the ropes in the sixth round. People said Mayorga was super shot after the Trinidad fight, but around the same time Mosley was fighting Vargas, the first fight was really close, and going in Vargas' favor except that he had bad swelling which rendered him unable to defend himself against the right hand, and the ref stopped it. In the second fight Vargas was terribly weight drained, and looked like a zombie as him and Mosley both looked ineffective until Mosley landed a huge left hook, but he didn't dominate the rounds leading up to the KO anywhere near to the degree Oscar did. Then Mayorga and Vargas fight, and the "shot" Mayorga beats Vargas and drops him 3 times over their 12 round, ugly, fight.

In the meantime Mosley beat Collazo, but Collazo broke his hand and still Mosley wasn't able to land very many effective punches, and even though he won most of the rounds, he certainly didn't dominate them. Then he lost a close fight to Cotto where he was outtimed, outboxed, outpowered by Cotto, and only his great chin saved him. Then Mosley fought 12 ineffective rounds against an older Mayorga than Oscar fought, and didn't look anywhere near as good as De La Hoya did.

My point is that the Oscar, Mayweather fought was at least on Mosley's level in terms of how dangerous he was, clearly a bigger puncher than Mosley, more effective offensively. Oscar was beating Margarito up as sparring partner for quite some time, but people payed no attention to that when I brought it up. Oscar also was never bruised or battered when Mosley was his chief sparring partner, while he was in the lead up to the Pacquiao fight. My point is that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair point.

Which one is right or wrong? Which feat is more impressive? These are another set of variables that could be argued..
    Of course floyd moved up. He was too big for those lower weights thats why. He wasn't gonna be able to squeeze in too many more years. Calzaghe could probably eat all day for a year and still not be a heavyweight.

And don't try to downplay Joes win over hopkins. It's in the record books so you guess you gotta count it? Ridiculous. hopkins tried everything in the book from cheating to faking low blows to try to keep Joe off him. The he decisively beats Pavlik so the argument that he was washed up goes out the window.

Joe was cruising from round 4 on and found an answer for the right hand and was looking like he had hopkins gassed to the point it may have been a stoppage. Tha's why hopkins had to fake.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Thread Information