Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd Mayweather Vs Shane Mosley at 147

Who would win this one and why? This is not an era vs era thing either.

Shane Mosley is fast and moves quick in the ring.
    Reach 74”
    Stance Orthodox
    Height 5' 9

Floyd Mayweather is super quick with a good defence.
    Reach 72''
    Stance Orthodox
    Height 5' 8

This is an interesting fight because Shane Mosley never lost at 147 nor did Floyd.
    Floyd actually loses 2" in reach. It's a case of can Mosley's defence stop some of
    the punches scoring. Is Mosley able to hit combos and win enough rounds, its very possible.

I see this fight slightly in Floyd's favor. I also see a strong willed Mosley winning rounds. What does the forum think?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Shane Mosley at 147

At 147...right now...I see Floyd pulling out a decision. At Shane's prime...i could see Shane winning. Shane at his prime was as fast, if not faster, than Floyd. Shane is also the stronger man. Floyd has great defense which would make things interesting. At 140, however....in their primes....Shane wins big in my opinion. Mosley was just a monster at 140...incredible speed and strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mosely and cotto might be pbfs two most dangerous apponents. i just hope he dosent retire anfter he ebats oscar, so he fights these guys. i like floyd vs shane by competetive UD, but i think cotto could pull off the upset!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never even thought Prime Mosley could beat PBF let alone now... THe problem with Mosley is he isn't a good boxer. He looks like a robot, granted a robot moving at lightning speeds, but a robot all the same. He can't transist between offense and defense very fluidly, and he doesn't have nor ever had the footspeed or reflexes of Zab, and still Judah was hit by Mayweather once he found his rythym. Shane was a good athlete, but alot of his handspeed which is impressive was overexaggerated like alot of guys because he threw combinations, and his power allowed him to throw large combinations... I can only shudder when thinking about how fast Mayweather would look if he threw those short punch combinations because he still throws fast combinations following through with every punch. This is why I think people thought Mosley was so much slower, but in reality the only reason he looked so much slower than when he was young is that he stopped throwing combinations, and people saw that his handspeed in comparison to his age isn't like Roy's or PBF's IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

about their reach which Mayweather arm is 26' while Mosley has 25' arms, and thats whats more IMportant to me, but it being that close between these two means almost nothing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley "isn't a good boxer"?! "He looks like a robot"?! To say those are ridiculous statements....is a huge understatement. You also say "This is why I think people thought Mosley was so much slower..." What people are you talking about? Shane was a monster at 135 and 140. Floyd has been stunned by much less fighters than Shane. He would be a handful for Floyd.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin
    Mosley "isn't a good boxer"?! "He looks like a robot"?! To say those are ridiculous statements....is a huge understatement. You also say "This is why I think people thought Mosley was so much slower..." What people are you talking about? Shane was a monster at 135 and 140. Floyd has been stunned by much less fighters than Shane. He would be a handful for Floyd.
    Here is a good example of Sugar's hand speed

[youtube=425,350]fWsCGdZ8vY0[/youtube]
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm intresting... i say shane is jus as fast and stronger than floyd .... the reach is not a key factor because shane desont extend his punches..... floyd is smarter and a more technical fighter so i give this to floyd by desicion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane would have lost at 147 because he lost the style he had at 135 and became flatfooted at 47 to get more knockouts taking away from his completeness. At 147 Floyd would beat him and at 135 Shane would destroy mayweather!
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF would beat shane at 135 and at 147

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Shane would have lost at 147 because he lost the style he had at 135 and became flatfooted at 47 to get more knockouts taking away from his completeness. At 147 Floyd would beat him and at 135 Shane would destroy mayweather!
    i think destroy is an exateration but he would win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mosley was such a good boxer then how come everytime he faces a pure boxer he loses? Wright was a pure boxer who easily outboxed him, and same with Vernon Forrest... ODLH wasn't a pure boxer, and he still outboxed MOsley the second fight. When I said I people believe Mosley being so much slower I was talking about him post Forrest when he stopped throwing combos. Anyways Shane never fought anyone at 135-140, and he didn't look impressive against Holiday. A monster IMO means that he totally dominates every opponent, but he didn't, and he had hard time with alot of fighters. As for him being robotic... look at how he punches or even moves... he is far less smooth than PBF, RJJ, Ali, Leonard, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    If Mosley was such a good boxer then how come everytime he faces a pure boxer he loses? Wright was a pure boxer who easily outboxed him, and same with Vernon Forrest... ODLH wasn't a pure boxer, and he still outboxed MOsley the second fight. When I said I people believe Mosley being so much slower I was talking about him post Forrest when he stopped throwing combos. Anyways Shane never fought anyone at 135-140, and he didn't look impressive against Holiday. A monster IMO means that he totally dominates every opponent, but he didn't, and he had hard time with alot of fighters. As for him being robotic... look at how he punches or even moves... he is far less smooth than PBF, RJJ, Ali, Leonard, etc.
    Mosley gave Wright all he could handle in the rematch didn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime Mosley spanks Mayweather at any weight. I'd give him a pretty good chance against PBF at 147 now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Brockton Bomber
    Prime Mosley spanks Mayweather at any weight. I'd give him a pretty good chance against PBF at 147 now.
    get the fuck outta here.

would never be able to handle PBF boxing ability. it would be a good fight no doubt but moesly would be outboxed. i can't recall mosely every spankin anyone on the top level

Thread Information