Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather and Mosley Official

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Not a superfight IMO, it's not 50/50 enough.

I think Floyd will win a lopsided UD. This will be similar to winky vs mosely 1

I expect Floyd to stay away from shane for maybe the first 6 rounds then go up through the gears from 6 to the finish when mosely get's tired.

Yes Pac has been out done in terms of opponant but it's to be expected, after all floyd is the pound for pound best.

My hat is off to both Floyd and Shane for doing the random blood testing. It's setting a great example. the fact that they have both agreed to it tells me they both believe they are 100% clean. I hope this trend continues in the sport.
    Mosley doesnt seem to get tired. He always finishes stronger whether he wins or loses.

Floyd waited for Oscar to tire before he took over. He will be waiting a long time for Shane tire. If anything Floyd needs to do his work early cuz Shanes gonna be in his face in the championship rounds.
    I agree with Hornfinger about 99% on how this will play out, but I hope you are right.

I want to see this turn into fireworks as well as skill.
    I'd love to be proved wrong..... But I still want Floyd to win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A great fight on paper but in reality Mayweather is going to be a few steps ahead of Mosley for round one and win a lop sided decision.

But I hope I am wrong and Mayweather gets put on his ass.
    Balls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Not a superfight IMO, it's not 50/50 enough.

I think Floyd will win a lopsided UD. This will be similar to winky vs mosely 1

I expect Floyd to stay away from shane for maybe the first 6 rounds then go up through the gears from 6 to the finish when mosely get's tired.

Yes Pac has been out done in terms of opponant but it's to be expected, after all floyd is the pound for pound best.

My hat is off to both Floyd and Shane for doing the random blood testing. It's setting a great example. the fact that they have both agreed to it tells me they both believe they are 100% clean. I hope this trend continues in the sport.
    Mosley doesnt seem to get tired. He always finishes stronger whether he wins or loses.

Floyd waited for Oscar to tire before he took over. He will be waiting a long time for Shane tire. If anything Floyd needs to do his work early cuz Shanes gonna be in his face in the championship rounds.
    I disagree. Shane hasn't been in there with anyone with Floyd's kind of athletasism. and if he has it hasn't been for many years.

I stand by the fact that in his last 5 years of boxing shane has only looked really good once.
    You could be right but lets not forget that Floyd has never faced anyone as good as Shane either and he has already had a SD with a washed up De La Hoya and a close call with a 1 dimensional Castillo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to stick my neck right on the line here. Could end up looking stupid but who gives a fuck.

IMO Ricky Hatton was a tougher challenge, and when the fight with shane is over hatton will have been a tougher challenge.

I also think Judah was a tougher fight for floyd.

As I say I don't expect many to agree with you. I just think right now shane is massively over rated.

What about castillio?
    Last edited by Hornfinger; 01-30-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd gets an wide UD. Shane doesn't have his Balco drugs like the clear and cream and EPO for his stamina.

BTW, does anyone here thinks that it's funny most people here want Pacquiao to be banned from boxing for his alleged PED use but are rooting for Shane? I just find it funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Floyd gets an wide UD. Shane doesn't have his Balco drugs like the clear and cream and EPO for his stamina.

BTW, does anyone here thinks that it's funny most people here want Pacquiao to be banned from boxing for his alleged PED use but are rooting for Shane? I just find it funny.
    True, but remember shane has agreed to olympic testing. He has no problems proving that he is clean now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i haven't read anyone posting that Pacquiao should be banned from boxing, he's just been bashed for his shady behavior and his bullshit excuses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

i haven't read anyone posting that Pacquiao should be banned from boxing, he's just been bashed for his shady behavior and his bullshit excuses
    Yeah, I don't think anyone wanted him to be banned let alone saying most people wanted that. But I am going for Mosley even though he is a proven PED cheat. I never really liked Floyd's changing to a businessman after he became a big draw and Mosley is still my favorite fighter right now because he wants to fight everybody. But the only way I can see Mosley win is with a KO or hurting Floyd early. PBF will probably outbox Mosley in a relatively competitive fight that will surprisingly have its action moments. Mosley knows how to walk a guy down better than anyone PBF has faced and he will put the pressure on every round. But if both are at their best PBF should win something like 8-4 rounds. I just hope Mosley doesn't fail the tests. For some reason this sticks in my mind. Hopefully not. Mosley gives us two things. He has the best chance to beat PBF and he has the best chance to give us the opportunity to see the best of PBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like what I have said in my post in another thread, I am giving Floyd credit for making this fight happen. Although I will be rooting for Mosley, I believe that Mayweather takes this one. Shane's age & inactivity will take their toll on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Shane's gonna get his ears boxed off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Taeth is right. Without a great jab, it's gonna be hard for Shane to track Floyd down. A jab would help immobilize Floyd. He may be well served to really go for the body early to try slow Floyd down.

Why take this fight? Entourages are expensive! I heard that PBF was broke...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where is everyone in this thread

There were all kinds of people all over the Michael Marley - 'Floyd balks at fight' thread. Where are all those people who so delight in Mayweather being a 'ducker' & 'coward'.

Or are they actually just disappointed that he's taking on the man everyone is saying he's ducking. It's like those people who were clearly revelling in the 'Pac might be on PEDs' debate. No interest unless it's negative.

Anyway this is a great fight, the second best that could be made in the sport. People may not realize it now, but if both Mayweather & Pacquiao win & eventually fight, there will be a day about 10-20 years from now, when we look back at this as a golden era. The same may hold true if Mosley wins, although probably not if Clottey does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad to see this fight get made. I think everyone is underestimating the difference Mosley's change in trainers makes.

Shane has always had the tools, but seemed to not have a game plan. His dad was not a strategist, just good at getting Shane in shape. Now Shane is with the team that has helped BHop dominate for 2 decades.

PBF has weaknesses, and they've been shown in several of his fights. Just hasn't fought anyone who could keep it consistent. ODH fades and just stops jabbing, Zab should be fighting 3 rounders. The main thing is Floyd doesn't like getting hit, so when he gets stung he goes into the shell. Shane will make PBF fight. It will either be a breakout performance for PBF where he shows he's got balls or Shane will back him up and make him look scared.

Shane won't follow Floyd around and eat jabs all night with Naz in his corner. He will have a strategy and they will break Floyd down or Floyd will just prove he's as good as he says he is.

I'm betting Floyd isn't committed enough and when it gets tough he gets on his bike and tries to out run Shane. Remember there's no strategy in PBF's corner. They rely on PBF's natural ability. No game plan ever, they just plan on him being faster and in better shape.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great news. Im also surprised this thread hasnt got more people on it. I guess u take out the Pactards and Floyd Haters and there arent many left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Mosely fight was always second behind Pacquiao for me. So I cant say I'm too disappointed with Floyd's choice here, as he's fighting a genuine welterweight who will cause him trouble. Good job he aint fighting Malignaggi or Campbell.

Thread Information