Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao lowers share; fight likely

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Who really cares anymore. The fight is around 2 to 3 years overdue anyways.
    Agreed. If this fight happened when it should have pac may have stood a chance. But in his condition now, its hardly worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    LOL I love that Pacs camp chose Marquez at a higher weight class thinking hed obliterate him and that it would make him look good. Instead it made him look terrible, beatable and very bad against counter punchers....thats what you get for trying to manipulate situations
    Yeah that was pretty pathetic. Mayweather done the same to Marquez and came in overweight. It looks like we are just waiting for two manipulative pussies to have a superfight.
    A real warrior fears no one and always wishes to fight on equal grounds to really see who the better man is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish the fight had happened 18 months ago. This spring would still be better than never.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I aint lost interest... cant wait for Floyd to get sparked

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post

Damn right, that's what i'm talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

overdue or not, Floyd will still going to get ko'ed.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to join the "fight's way overdue", "no longer interested" crowd.
    Unfortunately, we boxing fans are easy to lure back.

Pacquiao and Mayweather could be in nursing homes...... and the announcement of a fight is going to generate PPV buys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just like to remind every who have posted here that Mayweather-Pacquiao fight's target's audience are not you guys

Boxing people is just a small percentage of the PPV buys Pac and Floyd are generating. a few people getting fed up maybe accounts to a few thousand.

The real target are the normal people who occasionally watch boxing. These people will surely jump and buy it the minute it is announced because of the hype no matter how overdue it is.

i am pretending at least 1.8M buys

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    With all due respect, I disregard ANY Filipino source for all things Mayweather/Pacquiao.

I've heard the most ridiculous things come from some of those sources..you only have to look at any article where a writer looks at things without bias to see a billion brainwashed Pactards flood the comments area with nonsense.

Obviously, I expect the bias but a lot of their stories are baseless. I don't remember the pot-split ever being an issue in the first place?

Yeah, I'm sure Floyd has mentioned outside of negotiations that he should be getting the lions share because of blah blah blah but this sounds like an excuse for the Pacfans when Uncle Bob throws a wrench into the negotiations to say "See! Chicken Gayweather Quack Quack Duckweather is still running away..Pacman even offered to take less money!! waa waa waa.."

I still don't see this fight happening as long as Arum is alive but we can hope..

True, dat, Phillipino sources are for the most part totally unreliable, I was just hoping, that for once this might be true.
    Like I said, if this fight can't be put together now, something very fishy is going on somewhere.
    Don't get me wrong, I've read a few places that quote Manny as having said "I don't mind getting less" so that part is probably true but it's just the way these article titles are spun - "Pacquaio Lowers Share - Fight Likely" as though they are deep into negotiations and Pac has agreed officially to lower his share of the money. It was, as I understand it, just an off the cuff statement that Pacquiao made in an interview.

Also agree with Shza, I've said it before and will say it again, anyone who says they won't watch this fight or don't care about it anymore are straight lying. Two years ago would have been better but still the biggest fight in boxing.
    Who knows, it might even be bigger, 2 years ago, I honestly had little interest in seeing it, but I do now. Partly because Floyd has grown on me a bit, i've gone from being a serious hater, to appreciating him and what he's accomplished.

Like I said, should Pac-Floyd ever happen, Pac-JMM wouldn't
    do anything to tarnish it.
    Lol you sure about that? Look at the posts above mine..people are already getting the "Pacquiao was washed up" excuses ready for if (when ) Floyd KO's Manny. I agree with you that the JMM fight shouldnt take away from it because when has Manny NOT struggles with JMM? He struggled more than 2-3 years ago when people say the Floyd fight should have happenee so I don't see the problem.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Who really cares anymore. The fight is around 2 to 3 years overdue anyways.
    Same view here. It WAS exciting, but I don't care anymore and haven't for a long time now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

May I remind you floyd is the BEST counter puncher in boxing today....marquez countered the shit out of pac, what would floyd do to him? 10 times worse while getting hit a whole lot less
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    May I remind you floyd is the BEST counter puncher in boxing today....marquez countered the shit out of pac, what would floyd do to him? 10 times worse while getting hit a whole lot less
    True, the Marquez 3 fight has also destroyed my luster for the fight. I think Floyd beats him up and does so worse than he beat Hatton. Hatton could close the gap and spoil Floyds best work, Pac doesn't have that kind of gap closing ability and isn't going to do shit on the outside against Floyd and it isn't as though Manny has an inside game even if he were to get inclose.

Pac will get picked off and Floyd hits a lot harder than Marquez IMO. Stoppage in 9.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    What does pac have that floyd can't nulify? Not a thing if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

although i watched the news where pacquiao said he's willing to take less money just so the fight would push thru, tbh i'm not really that excited until both fighter sign on the dotted lines.

i'm still looking forward to seeing this fight coz though you can make the argument that pacquiao has problems with counter-punchers, marquez was there and stood his grounds and was willing to get hit. you think pacquiao barely touched him, then how did he manage to look like this after the fight?

i don't know if floyd would be willing to do the same coz in his last fight when ortiz lauched a full scale attack floyd started backing up and that's where we'll have the difference. besides, in the jmm-pac3, manny seemed a bit lackadaisical even before he entered the ring. he seemed to be not his usual self for some reason. i'm guessing he's starting to lose his hunger to compete. he's always performed better when he's the underdog and when he's got something to prove. i think this fight if it gets made will bring out that spunk back in him. i believe floyd would still be the favorite but i think manny would try and die to get the win. that would make for one hellofafight!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez looks like that after every fight though. You could stroke his hair and he would get a swelling. God knows what he looks like after some rumpy pumpy with his wife.

Apparently Pac was really pumped up for Marquez so we can't say he wasn't motivated. Just maybe Marquez has the blueprint finely honed and seeing how Floyd had no trouble with Marquez, you have a really hard time seeing Manny make much of a dent.

Thread Information