Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Froch vs Bute on April 14 in Canada, then a rematch on August 4 in Nottingham

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs Bute on April 14 in Canada, then a rematch on August 4 in Nottingham

Decent matchup, but why the need for an immediate rematch? Just seems absurd to me. What if Hatton had done that with Pacquiao? A bit bonkers if you ask me.

It fills their agenda for a year, but considering that you have no idea how the styles will matchup it is a bit premature.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 01-10-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: missed out 'bit'

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs Bute on April 14 in Canada, then a rematch on August 4 in Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Decent matchup, but why the need for an immediate rematch? Just seems absurd to me. What if Hatton had done that with Pacquiao? A bit bonkers if you ask me.

It fills their agenda for a year, but considering that you have no idea how the styles will matchup it is a premature.

the rematch wont happen anyway mate

the most likely outcome is bute scrapes to a very tight controvesial split decision and then bottles the return
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    Why couldn't Bute wait on Ward? Ward vs Bute is the fight we all want to see.

Big UPS to Froch. He lost the Super 6 final and already, ready to get back in the ring with the 1A of the super middleweight division. I guess we all know who Ward is going to fight. Anthony Dirrell. Although he have been hinting around a catchweight fight, Martinez.
    Ant - Ward wants Bute to earn his stripes before facing him because he thinks Bute hasn't faced the same level of stiff competition that Ward has. Ward wants an easier fight while Bute goes into the trenches against Froch whom Ward already decisively defeated. Ward will likely face Anthony Dirrell although I've heard mention that Anthony Dirrell and Andre Ward are advised by Al Haymon and Haymon fighters rarely face eachother. Any truth to that theory?

The article states that there are still issues of the two fight deal that need to be ironed out such as if the first fight is extremely one-sided. If Froch beats Bute badly or vice versa, there wouldn't be a rematch in Nottingham. The article also states that Showtime prefers Bute to face Hopkins at a catchweight of 170. In my opinion, Hopkins would be a bad career move for Bute even at 170 unless there were no other options. With Froch as a legitimate option and Kessler as another option after that, I don't see any advantages for a fight with Hopkins would present.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 01-10-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch may have lost to Ward, but he is twice the man. He really is. He will fight anyone and anywhere when all is said and done. Could the same be said for Ward? Not really.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch may have lost to Ward, but he is twice the man. He really is. He will fight anyone and anywhere when all is said and done. Could the same be said for Ward? Not really.

i honestly believe if ward and froch would have swapped schedules on the way to the final of the super six we would have a different champion now

people say froch lost to ward coz he is limited slow whatever, i dont agree, i think ward had all of the advantages outside the ring

thats why i worry about the bute fight, i think froch is better than bute, but bute is fresh, and fights all his fights in the same place infront of all his own fans, froch is going into the lions den again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All froch has to do is lose to bute and instantly be a hall of famer!!
    If he wins then he will be an atg.
    If you sign a contract u have to honor it just like the super six u can't get out without legit injury

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch should be commended for his grit and willingness to face all challenges. There has been no one Froch has avoided. However, we can't ignore that Froch has lost to the two best fighters he faced, Ward and Kessler (close fight notwithstanding).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Simply said, if that was the case with Ward, he would be facing Bute now.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stoke for that fight, will go see it live for sure as it's in Montreal, 45 min away from my actual hometown. Personally, I think that Froch will take a beating as the fight progress but that should be a good scrap packed with action. Froch deserves respect for his will to fight the best abroad.

But not for his "poor" youth with his stolen bike
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Froch should be commended for his grit and willingness to face all challenges. There has been no one Froch has avoided. However, we can't ignore that Froch has lost to the two best fighters he faced, Ward and Kessler (close fight notwithstanding).
    He also lost to Dirrell, IMO. And would have lost to Taylor if not for the last-second KO.

On the other hand, Pascal is arguably better than Kessler.

But really, the point is that, while he has great heart and a great chin, Froch is not a great fighter, by a longshot. These jokers on here talking about HOF are full of it. Fighting the best is always admirable, but when you lose every time you step up, it means something. Does Rocky Juarez merit a HOF nod too?

I'm picking Bute by clear decision. Probably like 116-112. A KO wouldn't astound me but it would be pretty surprising, given Froch's beard.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    He also lost to Dirrell, IMO. And would have lost to Taylor if not for the last-second KO.

But really, the point is that, while he has great heart and a great chin, Froch is not a great fighter, by a longshot. These jokers on here talking about HOF are full of it. Fighting the best is always admirable, but when you lose every time you step up, it means something. Does Rocky Juarez merit a HOF nod too?

I'm picking Bute by clear decision. Probably like 116-112. A KO wouldn't astound me but it would be pretty surprising, given Froch's beard.
    No offense at all, but I hate the "would have lost but a last second KO" argument because stamina is an integral component of a champship fight because the fight is 12 rounds, not 10. Moreover, it is part of what makes a champion. It's why Mike Alvarado beat Breides Prescott recently. A champion should know how to conserve energy for the full 12 rounds or at the least run the last few rounds. Stamina and grit are part of what won Froch that fight and that shouldn't take anything away from the victory. Indeed, it's impressive that he maintained the will to win when he was down on the cards.

Yes, Taylor as up on the cards going into the 12th, but perhaps Taylor would not have won as many of the earlier rounds if he had paced himself more throughout the fight. In that fight, I had Froch winning the 10th and 11th, and I can tell you in the arena that night, where I viewed it, for Taylor fans like myself, there was a sense of impending doom as the fight moved into the last stanza.

I hear your point, Froch can be outboxed by faster opponents, like Taylor and Dirrell, and Bute is a faster opponent. Even if it's admirable he is willing to fight everyone out there, Froch is no HOF. He hasn't lost every time he stepped up because he beat Taylor and Pascal without any controversy. However, that means only twice out of five times, did Froch win when he stepped up. Not a winning percentage.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 01-10-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People go on about the taylor fight like froch won 0.001% of the fight?

Fact is Taylor looked great for about 4 rounds and Froch looked tense and off... After the knockdown he shook it off and his superior conditioning and relentlessness wore taylor down as the fight went on.

To call it a fluke is plain retarded.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think Froch is a 15 round fighter. 12 just seems to be too tight a schedule for him. He never seems to leave it all in the ring.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you cant really add it to the argument because it is your opinion, if you always went off that there would be a lot of very different records around

In a lot of peoples opinion Mayweather wouldnt currently still be undefeated for example

IMO the dirrell v froch display was the most negative by any boxer I have ever seen by a long way and Froch more than deserved the win, also IMO if froch v Kessler would have been anywhere else other than Denmark then Froch would have won

so IMO froch has only lost one fight and also IMO if ward hadnt have had such a "home comfort" ride to the final, with so many "fights off", the outcome of the super six may have been very different

so in reality froch has lost 2 fights, i dont think its fair to put it the way rantcatrat has tho, as in implying that as those are froch's 2 best opponents he must come unstuck at the very top. Both fights were in his opponents home country right in the middle of a very very difficult run of fights, one of the most difficult that there has every been, very few boxers would have stayed undefeated

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

you cant really add it to the argument because it is your opinion, if you always went off that there would be a lot of very different records around

In a lot of peoples opinion Mayweather wouldnt currently still be undefeated for example

IMO the dirrell v froch display was the most negative by any boxer I have ever seen by a long way and Froch more than deserved the win, also IMO if froch v Kessler would have been anywhere else other than Denmark then Froch would have won

so IMO froch has only lost one fight and also IMO if ward hadnt have had such a "home comfort" ride to the final, with so many "fights off", the outcome of the super six may have been very different

so in reality froch has lost 2 fights, i dont think its fair to put it the way rantcatrat has tho, as in implying that as those are froch's 2 best opponents he must come unstuck at the very top. Both fights were in his opponents home country right in the middle of a very very difficult run of fights, one of the most difficult that there has every been, very few boxers would have stayed undefeated
    So Froch has to lose a fight (on all three cards) in Nottingham before you'll concede that he's just not that great? What happened to just watching the guy and noticing all of his obvious flaws. He is very willful (that is a good thing, not a knock). But he is not a good technical boxer and doesn't have KO power (my mom could KO the post-Pavlik version of Taylor). And the results are as one would expect.

Thread Information