Thread: Give Mayweather credit... it's Pac you should be disappointed in

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Give Mayweather credit... it's Pac you should be disappointed in

How can I be disappointed with Manny?

He's not the fighter he was. He gave his best, but his current best just isn't good enough.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being forced a day of doing are two different actions. Pac came out with too much respect and stayed on the outside. Mayweather also came out with too much respect. They were both psyched out of their respective minds. It was a shit performance buy both fighters. You can look at it and say Floyd way able to gain some composure earlier than pac, but his style is to lay back. I couldn't tell you exactly what was going through pacs mind but he was hit with anything to make him tentative. The main difference between Floyd and any other fighter his his longer stance. Pac being less aggressive is the product of his own mind s ed the in this fight. Now you can argue that Floyd is the cause of this mental state but you'dbe wrong.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Being forced a day of doing are two different actions. Pac came out with too much respect and stayed on the outside. Mayweather also came out with too much respect. They were both psyched out of their respective minds. It was a shit performance buy both fighters. You can look at it and say Floyd way able to gain some composure earlier than pac, but his style is to lay back. I couldn't tell you exactly what was going through pacs mind but he was hit with anything to make him tentative. The main difference between Floyd and any other fighter his his longer stance. Pac being less aggressive is the product of his own mind s ed the in this fight. Now you can argue that Floyd is the cause of this mental state but you'dbe wrong.
    Manny said himself in the post fight interview that Floyd was too mobile and too fast for him to be able to hit. Floyd controlled the fight all night Manny could just follow him around swinging wildly in the air. When Floyd voluntarily backed to the ropes and allowed Manny to take 15-20 free punches, Manny only landed 2 or three.

The fight was all Floyd from the start to the finish. Just accept what boxing is all about. Hitting and not being hit. Floyd dominated both the hitting and the not getting hit.

I know it's hard for little Pactard brains to understand but it's true.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonesque View Post

He's not the fighter he was. He gave his best, but his current best just isn't good enough.
    Far from his best, Manny was a big disappointment.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd must be the luckiest fighter in history, because virtually every fighter he faces comes in and fights a shitty fight. How convenient for Floyd. If only Pac or Roach had come onto Saddoboxing and seen one of the many posts that said Pac needed to throw a ton of punches to beat Floyd. Jeez, if only someone told him that, he probably would have knocked Floyd out. If someone told DLH to keep jabbing, or Mosley to keep throwing haymakers, they would have won too! It's a shame these professional fighters and trainers are so stupid and know nothing about boxing.

It's real easy to throw a ton of punches against a guy who stands still and plods forward slowly. It's a lot harder to throw a ton of punches against a guy who moves when you move and is constantly cocked and loaded to counter with both hands, and the guy is just as fast or faster than you are. In chess it's easy to capture a pawn that constantly moves one space forward and has no lateral or back movement. Much harder to capture a queen.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Floyd must be the luckiest fighter in history, because virtually every fighter he faces comes in and fights a shitty fight. How convenient for Floyd. If only Pac or Roach had come onto Saddoboxing and seen one of the many posts that said Pac needed to throw a ton of punches to beat Floyd. Jeez, if only someone told him that, he probably would have knocked Floyd out. If someone told DLH to keep jabbing, or Mosley to keep throwing haymakers, they would have won too! It's a shame these professional fighters and trainers are so stupid and know nothing about boxing.

It's real easy to throw a ton of punches against a guy who stands still and plods forward slowly. It's a lot harder to throw a ton of punches against a guy who moves when you move and is constantly cocked and loaded to counter with both hands, and the guy is just as fast or faster than you are. In chess it's easy to capture a pawn that constantly moves one space forward and has no lateral or back movement. Much harder to capture a queen.
    And as you mentioned, FLoyd actually out threw and outlanded Pac, so how can we blame Floyd for fighting how he always does? Personally i think Floyd could've pressed more without risking too much but he did what he did to win, Pacqiou let the fight get away from him.

Overall it was a battle of the witts in this fight and each fighter knew the other guy can knock him out, thats why they were both so tentative.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally, I think Manny is well past his best and it showed last night. He just didn't have it in him.

I suppose you could say he started much too slow and paid Mayweather too much respect, but when he did let the punches go he just couldn't hit the guy. He couldn't just go windmilling in there and waste even more energy.

Floyd was just too slippery and awkward for him and Manny no longer has enough speed to catch someone like that with any regularity.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He never had the speed to catch Floyd with any regularity. He fought JMM in 2004, 2008, 2011 and 2012, which is basically in every period of his career, and he ALWAYS had trouble with JMM because Juan moves and counter punches beautifully. Pac always had trouble with that style, he did his best work fighting big guys who plodded forward, who he could jump in and out against and spin around with his foot speed.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    He never had the speed to catch Floyd with any regularity. He fought JMM in 2004, 2008, 2011 and 2012, which is basically in every period of his career, and he ALWAYS had trouble with JMM because Juan moves and counter punches beautifully. Pac always had trouble with that style, he did his best work fighting big guys who plodded forward, who he could jump in and out against and spin around with his foot speed.
    That's all true, but there's no doubting that Manny has slowed down. A few years ago, Manny would have made more of a fight of it. I'm not saying he could have beaten Floyd, but it would have been a closer fight than we saw last night.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has anyone noticed that Floyd Mayweather was getting booed in his own country ? Why ? Because he is a black man who’s UNBROKEN. The amount of hate that this man was generating is utterly insane. Fact is Floyd Mayweather is one of our last great black champions.

Boxing, as well as other combat sports, are all SYMBOLIC. Many non-black men are intimidated by black men, and many of them feel empowered when they see a non-black man kick a black man’s ass in anything; especially fighting. Floyd Mayweather whether he knows it or not, is a figure-head. He is the representation of the masculinity of Black Men. You'll begin to notice with the growing strength of MMA many white and other non-black men feel as if they have an answer to the hand-to-hand combat problem when it comes to black men.

Many brothers better recognize; because other races of men aren’t taking these courses for their health. All of a sudden, you’ll begin to notice non-black men who are looking to pick fights with you out of nowhere. They will feel bold enough to do this because they know something that you don't. If black men think that they are going to get by off of a intimidation factor, and running your mouth, that won’t work. You are going to be forced to show and prove;

Many of these younger cats need to start training themselves, simply with the aim of defending themselves. Even though I am a boxer, I definitely plan on adding grappling techniques to my repertoire.
    Last edited by denilson200; 05-04-2015 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    I thought Floyd's legs were gone.

I could have sworn I saw him wheeling off the ropes and right back in the middle of the ring with ease.

Freddy should build his fighters up instead of trying to tear other fighter's down.

"Floyd's legs are gone" is not a strategy.
    Exactly. Fighters don't have trouble closing the distance on him. Most pressure fighters do it to him, but they don't know how to consistently land on him once they got close, nor do they know how to land on him at range, or when he is in the pocket.

He should have had a plan for what to do once he got close to Floyd. Relying on a 'declining' element of your opponents skill set is just poor for a top level trainer.

A better plan would have been to just focus on volume like he did in sections of round 4 and 6. But because of Floyd's brilliance, he couldn't maintain his output.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    I thought Floyd's legs were gone.

I could have sworn I saw him wheeling off the ropes and right back in the middle of the ring with ease.

Freddy should build his fighters up instead of trying to tear other fighter's down.

"Floyd's legs are gone" is not a strategy.
    I wonder what Freddie Roach has done with his blueprints that he was using to beat Mayweather?
    Gave it back to Oscar.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally, I think Manny is well past his best and it showed last night. He just didn't have it in him.

I suppose you could say he started much too slow and paid Mayweather too much respect, but when he did let the punches go he just couldn't hit the guy. He couldn't just go windmilling in there and waste even more energy.

Floyd was just too slippery and awkward for him and Manny no longer has enough speed to catch someone like that with any regularity.
    At 38 floyd is way past his best but still managing to do enough to beat the best around.

5 years ago manny was a better fighter but let's not forget that so was floyd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Floyd Mayweather was getting booed in his own country ? Why ? Because he is a black man who’s UNBROKEN. The amount of hate that this man was generating is utterly insane. Fact is Floyd Mayweather is one of our last great black champions.

Boxing, as well as other combat sports, are all SYMBOLIC. Many non-black men are intimidated by black men, and many of them feel empowered when they see a non-black man kick a black man’s ass in anything; especially fighting. Floyd Mayweather whether he knows it or not, is a figure-head. He is the representation of the masculinity of Black Men. You'll begin to notice with the growing strength of MMA many white and other non-black men feel as if they have an answer to the hand-to-hand combat problem when it comes to black men.

Many brothers better recognize; because other races of men aren’t taking these courses for their health. All of a sudden, you’ll begin to notice non-black men who are looking to pick fights with you out of nowhere. They will feel bold enough to do this because they know something that you don't. If black men think that they are going to get by off of a intimidation factor, and running your mouth, that won’t work. You are going to be forced to show and prove;

Many of these younger cats need to start training themselves, simply with the aim of defending themselves. Even though I am a boxer, I definitely plan on adding grappling techniques to my repertoire.
    What the fuck?

Thread Information