Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kelly Pavlik v. Carl Froch

I'm not willing to write Froch off so quickly. Yes his defense is bad, but he seems tough and has good stamina. He may not be a favorite against Kessler, Taylor or Pavlik, but I think he has a shot against them.

I was not disappointed from his fight against Pascal. I was more surprised that Pascal seemed to be better than I thought and fought the fight of his life. Both of them earned my respect in that fight even though it was sloppy at times.

I don't think Froch hits as hard as advertised, but he is far from being a pushover.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Froch and Hennessey are jokes lets be honest, did you see Froch on Bunces hour today, what a nob jockey, saying maybe he doesnt want Calzaghe as if Joe would be lucky to get a shot at Froch hahaha, dillousional people Froch imo was exposed as a top level fighter on saturday and now he wants 70/30 split with Taylor??

Taylor is the cash cow who brings HBO to the table, Taylor would school froch imo, Calzaghe would be a one sided beating also.
    The sad thing is Bunce and Mcuigan are humouring him and encouraging him. Before saturday the question was whether or not he was good enough to beat a fellow C-level fighter. He was, but only just. Now of course, even if you've yet to fight at world level, it's possible to have an incling what you would do - and judging by Froch's awful defence and severly over rated power the answer is 'not that much'.

He is a good fighter, but not elite. Joe, Mikkel and jermain you'd expect would school Andrade, yet Froch would have to go life and death since he can't avoid a punch to save his life. No wonder Joe gets annoyed when morons like Bunce make these claims that he should fight him. He has nothing left to prove, except maybe against Hopins, but certainly not against Froch.
    I thought Calzaghe's comments toward Froch were petty and spiteful.

Of course beating Froch will do NOTHING for his standing in world boxing. But don't start with the shit-talk "i'd ko him in 3-4 rounds" and then make it even WORSE by copying Ricky Hatton's excuses "why should i give him a payday"

Maybe he was having a bad day.. although he's got a decent record of putting his foot in his mouth too.
    But he has had to put up with years of similar stuff from Froch, like the five million quid "offer" which was obvious bollocks. Froch has used Calzaghe pretty effectively over the past few years to get himself publicity, you can understand Calzaghe being pissed off with the whole thing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Pavlik would hammer Froch.

What's with all this Froch hype? He went life and death with Jean Pascal for fucks sake and now he's world class all of a sudden. The guy's got potential, but he's proven very little so far. Pavlik is a known commodity, I'd pick him all day.
    I don't get it honestly, granted I'm not a fan but I don't think that's coloring my opinion of him, there are plenty of fighters who I don't really like who I think are good/great.

People are way too down on Pavlik because of the Hopkins fight, Pavlik just can't deal with a guy like that, maybe he's not elite but he's still a good champion. Imagine what Hopkins would do to Froch? Talk about clueless.

I just don't see anything special, besides his chin, which is taking on almost mythic qualities even though its never been tested by anyone remotely as strong as Pavlik, what is there special about him? Skills, no, speed, no, power, no.

I'm posting way too much about Froch, I think I'm becoming annoyed by the hype which is senseless, obviously my views are clear as it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Froch and Hennessey are jokes lets be honest, did you see Froch on Bunces hour today, what a nob jockey, saying maybe he doesnt want Calzaghe as if Joe would be lucky to get a shot at Froch hahaha, dillousional people Froch imo was exposed as a top level fighter on saturday and now he wants 70/30 split with Taylor??

Taylor is the cash cow who brings HBO to the table, Taylor would school froch imo, Calzaghe would be a one sided beating also.
    The sad thing is Bunce and Mcuigan are humouring him and encouraging him. Before saturday the question was whether or not he was good enough to beat a fellow C-level fighter. He was, but only just. Now of course, even if you've yet to fight at world level, it's possible to have an incling what you would do - and judging by Froch's awful defence and severly over rated power the answer is 'not that much'.

He is a good fighter, but not elite. Joe, Mikkel and jermain you'd expect would school Andrade, yet Froch would have to go life and death since he can't avoid a punch to save his life. No wonder Joe gets annoyed when morons like Bunce make these claims that he should fight him. He has nothing left to prove, except maybe against Hopins, but certainly not against Froch.
    I thought Calzaghe's comments toward Froch were petty and spiteful.

Of course beating Froch will do NOTHING for his standing in world boxing. But don't start with the shit-talk "i'd ko him in 3-4 rounds" and then make it even WORSE by copying Ricky Hatton's excuses "why should i give him a payday"

Maybe he was having a bad day.. although he's got a decent record of putting his foot in his mouth too.
    I hate that he used that payday thing, cos it's the stupidest excuse Hatton ever made. Joe didn't need to say that.

Like the others said, I think he's just genuinely annoyed at all the Froch questions. Joe is legitimat top 2 p4p fighter of the world, and he gets aked about fucking Froch in every single interview, when perhaps he'd prefer to just talk about more relevant stuff like his retirement.

The Pascal victory was a less convincing performance against a lower quality fighter than when Joe beat Eubank, yet people weren't harrassing Roy Jones none stop for the next week about fighting joe back then, and rightly so cos they were no where near the same stages in their respective careers at that time.

Thread Information