Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sleeping Problems.

Another thing that would usually bother me and make me sleepless is when I need to get a code running for my programs.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My main issue with sleep has been finishing work at 11pm, trying to settle down and then going go bed well aware that the sun is going to come up in a matter of hours. Horrible and I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Sent me to my wits end and left me an exhausted wreck.

Today is my final day, and Im done with this kind of schedule after its done. I want a normal life where I rise early and can be at the books during the day and then chill in the evenings and go to bed at 11:30pm. Just a normal life.

From now on quality of life is everything, material gains are purely secondary.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12 View Post
    WOW! I got to this post WAY TOO LATE!!

This is actually something I studied in college. I majored in Health Sciences so hopefully I could help anyone out and it seems people could use the info.

Here we go:

-If you must drink coffee, make sure you drink it in the morning to early afternoon. Caffeine can stay in your system for up to 8 hours.

-Do not use alcohol as a sleep aid. Sometimes sleep induced by alcohol can cause one to wake up in the middle of their sleep or even worse, cause uncouncious disturbances which will make you feel tired when you wake up.

-Keep a regular exercise schedule in the morning. It helps regulate one's internal clock to naturally fall asleep at night.

-Keep your bedroom quiet, dark, and comfortable.

-Hunger also disrupts falling asleep, but do not fall asleep full, that's just not good for health.

-Make sure you only use your bed for "love making" and sleeping. Your body get conditioned to the purpose of your bed. If you watch a lot of TV, play video games, use your laptop, etc. on your bed, it actually disrupts the process of falling asleep properly.

-Here are things you can consume or somewhat intake to aid the sleeping process: tuna, halibut, pumpkin, artichokes, avocados, almonds, eggs, bok choy, peaches, walnuts, apricots, oats, asparagus, potatoes, buckwheat, and bananas. Also, camomile tea and honey induce sleep. The scent of lavender also aids in sleep deprivation.

There you go. Good night everyone!
    Instead of running through all that general tosh they could have just said - a healthy lifestyle will help you sleep better.

I wonder how many tuna sandwiches it took for some "genius" to rule it helps sleep
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't tend to have too much of a problem getting to sleep unless there is something specific on my mind. In which case i go downstairs, have a drink, read the paper and then it seems to do the trick.

As a side note, i've recently taken to eating loads of stilton before bed because it makes you have some badass dreams. Couple of nights ago i was a vampire hunter in Transylvania, i killed a few blood suckers and shagged some fit burd as she bit my neck.

Careful with stilton though. The dreams aren't always cool. A couple of nights before that i got shot by a fat bloke in a balaclava wielding a sawn off shotgun as i sat in a shopping centre cafe' having a cuppa with my mum. I woke up and honestly thought i was dead.

Thread Information