Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Was the DQ justified?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Abraham - Justified DQ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Abraham - Justified DQ?

The DQ was justified, but I didn't like seeing it as I thought Dirrell was wilting and Abraham had finally realised it was do or die. You can't hit a man when he is down. It was a rush of blood and Abraham probably will regret it when he watches the video and sees Dirrell down with his legs splayed all over the place.

I also agree with GAME that Froch beat Dirrell, but ownage is probably a bit strong.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Hi All,

I have to admit that I haven't seen the fight. That said, I'm wondering if Cole was justified in calling this a DQ. If, in fact, it was a justifiable DQ, what the hell did Abraham do to get DQ'd?

Absolutely puzzling from what I've read so far. Very curious to read to some unbiased opinions from members in the know.

Thanks in advance
    The two best boxers of the tournament are Dirrell and Ward and both in my mind are undefeated, as Dirrell beat Froch in my opinion. Abraham is a just stand up, unathletic classic european fighter who was always gonna be exposed by more athletic fighter who with good combo's and speed two match. It's funny really Dirrell and Ward were considered thw two weakest fighters before the super 6 started but even at this early stage they are looking like the two best.
    I dont think Dirrels looking like the best. He was owned by Carl Froch and he was knocked cold last night. As for Ward he headbutted his way to a win over Kessler and if he tarvelled he'd lose but he has home advantage in every fight so its being fixed for him to win it.
    Dirrell was owned by Froch ? Froch won on hometown split decision. Listen I'm based in the UK and I listened to the fight on UK radio station and EVEN THEIR commentators made Dirrell the clear winner. As for Abraham knocking out Dirrell, only his mother would say something like that because any impartial observer would realise that hitting some when they are down on one knee is not what I call getting knocked out. And trust me, Abraham will lose to Ward and Green too. He may well win a *You Hit Me - I Hit You* slug-fest against Froch but he will NEVER become a top fighter. It's one thing, fighting handpicked fighters in your home country in Germany, but taken your thing on the road is another story and as I've said before I don't think Dirrell is great fighter.

I just think as Floyd Mayweather says "Skills pays the bills" and that will be shown even if they fought again. Abraham just marches forward, no head movement, no feints, no dropping of the shoulder, no nothing. He's an MMA fighter where skill is not so much required, In fact Abraham would make a great MMA fighter, but he will NEVER EVER be a top, top boxer because he just hasn't got the skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The DQ was the correct call.

Dirrell slipped to the canvas, and Abraham intentionally hit him hard while he was down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre deserves an oscar he was acting he held the side of his face before he went over and he wouldn't let the black doctor look at his eyes and the doctor tried on numerous occasions Andre knew if the doc saw his eyes he would know he was acting. I know a lot of you guys will think Andre was genuinly ko'd but its all a bit funny to me even when he was interviewed he said ive been knocked out then someone said no you won then he said yes he hit me while i was down no one told him this though they just said you won. Then they got him out of the ring before he could be interviewed again now im sorry but Andre needs to find a heart he ran like a terrified child against Froch and then gets out of a fight in this way in my opinion he was going to get ko'd as Arthur was catching up with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tysonbruno View Post
    Andre deserves an oscar he was acting he held the side of his face before he went over and he wouldn't let the black doctor look at his eyes and the doctor tried on numerous occasions Andre knew if the doc saw his eyes he would know he was acting. I know a lot of you guys will think Andre was genuinly ko'd but its all a bit funny to me even when he was interviewed he said ive been knocked out then someone said no you won then he said yes he hit me while i was down no one told him this though they just said you won. Then they got him out of the ring before he could be interviewed again now im sorry but Andre needs to find a heart he ran like a terrified child against Froch and then gets out of a fight in this way in my opinion he was going to get ko'd as Arthur was catching up with him.
    Blame Abraham.
    Simple rule actually. If they are on the ground, don't hit them.
    Then you don't get DQ'd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude seriously, he wasn't even coherent he was asking for a speakerman and was clearly gone.

People saying that the doctor looking in his eyes would know if he was acting or not.

First, he wasn't acting. Second, Abraham was already DQ'd so what would the point have been?

Tell me what the point would have been in acting since Abraham was already DQ'd? He violated the rule when he hit Dirrell viciously when he was down. Nothing Dirrell did was gonna make the ref NOT DQ Abraham already, and he deserved it.

You think if the doctor looked in his eyes and said "he is acting he isnt that hurt" that they'd have changed the rules of boxing to unDQ Abraham? Stop reaching.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    Blame Abraham.
    Then you don't get DQ'd
    Many fighter has hit a fighter while been on one knee and so on and not been dq'd but im not arguing the dq as such its the Dirrell acting it was so obvious he blinked his eye then held his eye then falls over unconcious come on then won't let the black doctor look in his eyes and the doc tried loads of times then crying and so on he knew Arthur was catching up to him and found a way out also he had been punched for 11 rounds yet he kept hold the side of his head where this one punch had landed it was all to much he over acted if anything.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blame Abraham.
    Then you don't get DQ'd
    Many fighter has hit a fighter while been on one knee and so on and not been dq'd but im not arguing the dq as such its the Dirrell acting it was so obvious he blinked his eye then held his eye then falls over unconcious come on then won't let the black doctor look in his eyes and the doc tried loads of times then crying and so on he knew Arthur was catching up to him and found a way out also he had been punched for 11 rounds yet he kept hold the side of his head where this one punch had landed it was all to much he over acted if anything.
    I honestly can't understand people defending him. Clear acting.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Dude seriously, he wasn't even coherent he was asking for a speakerman and was clearly gone.

People saying that the doctor looking in his eyes would know if he was acting or not.

First, he wasn't acting. Second, Abraham was already DQ'd so what would the point have been?

Tell me what the point would have been in acting since Abraham was already DQ'd? He violated the rule when he hit Dirrell viciously when he was down. Nothing Dirrell did was gonna make the ref NOT DQ Abraham already, and he deserved it.

You think if the doctor looked in his eyes and said "he is acting he isnt that hurt" that they'd have changed the rules of boxing to unDQ Abraham? Stop reaching.
    He got dq'd from the point Andre fell to the side and lay under the rope but im not arguing the dq just the obvious acting from Dirrell i can't understand why any fight fan would defend him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

Blame Abraham.
    Then you don't get DQ'd
    and you're defending Abraham's blatant flgarant foul? rofl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

He got dq'd from the point Andre fell to the side and lay under the rope but im not arguing the dq just the obvious acting from Dirrell i can't understand why any fight fan would defend him
    I cant understand why anyone would defend someone who hits while the other fighter is down. That is what you are doing. By drawing attention to the so called acting, you are drawing attention away from the real issue which is Abraham punching Dirrell on the ground. That is THE issue.

Dirrell couldnt act if Abraham hadn't handed Dirrell the script

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blame Abraham.
    Then you don't get DQ'd
    He got hit with CLEAN shot he was unprepared. A grown man hitting you flush in face NEVER tickles, I PROMISE you it NEVER tickles. You see the problem is that TV santises boxing. Ask a friend of yours to let him take a clean shot at you then come back and talk to me and if you survive that, fight with someone for half an hour, a real intense fight, then get down one knee and ask him to take clean shot at you, and this clean shot is made worse by the fact that the person giving you the shot is world champion boxer with a big punch.

Abraham is just another punk arse Golota.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sumkalambay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    and you're defending Abraham's blatant flgarant foul? rofl.
    And you're making useless assumptions. ROFLMAAAAAOOOO!!!!ONE11!!!

I've already said he shouldn't have done it. Still doesn't excuse Dirrell's Oscar winning performance though.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    The two best boxers of the tournament are Dirrell and Ward and both in my mind are undefeated, as Dirrell beat Froch in my opinion. Abraham is a just stand up, unathletic classic european fighter who was always gonna be exposed by more athletic fighter who with good combo's and speed two match. It's funny really Dirrell and Ward were considered thw two weakest fighters before the super 6 started but even at this early stage they are looking like the two best.
    I dont think Dirrels looking like the best. He was owned by Carl Froch and he was knocked cold last night. As for Ward he headbutted his way to a win over Kessler and if he tarvelled he'd lose but he has home advantage in every fight so its being fixed for him to win it.
    Dirrell was owned by Froch ? Froch won on hometown split decision. Listen I'm based in the UK and I listened to the fight on UK radio station and EVEN THEIR commentators made Dirrell the clear winner. As for Abraham knocking out Dirrell, only his mother would say something like that because any impartial observer would realise that hitting some when they are down on one knee is not what I call getting knocked out. And trust me, Abraham will lose to Ward and Green too. He may well win a *You Hit Me - I Hit You* slug-fest against Froch but he will NEVER become a top fighter. It's one thing, fighting handpicked fighters in your home country in Germany, but taken your thing on the road is another story and as I've said before I don't think Dirrell is great fighter.

I just think as Floyd Mayweather says "Skills pays the bills" and that will be shown even if they fought again. Abraham just marches forward, no head movement, no feints, no dropping of the shoulder, no nothing. He's an MMA fighter where skill is not so much required, In fact Abraham would make a great MMA fighter, but he will NEVER EVER be a top, top boxer because he just hasn't got the skills.

He already is a top fighter. He would have won last night too if Direll hadnt taken the cowards way out. Froch has beaten Direl fairly but both decisions in the US so far have been dodgy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

game, r u freaking insane....

dude was already dq'd. his so called acting did not matter. So the acting argument falls apart. Second, AA was not going to win that fight. He was not landing any clean shots. All Dirrell had to do was dance the last two rounds.
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Thread Information