Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather "...the pac maniacs will crucify you"

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    oh, and pacquiao doesn't "handpick" his opponents?

Got this from another Forum.

Pac fought Cotto, Clottey and Margarito
    Margarito fought Cotto, Clottey, Shane and Pac
    Cotto fought Margarito, Clottey, Shane and Pac
    Clottey fought Cotto, Margarito and Pac
    Shane fought Cotto, Margarito, and Floyd
    Floyd fought Shane.

yeah i think Pac fought most of those that he should at Welterweights. Pac fought all that Matters at 126-130. The only question should only be at 135 having only David Diaz in there.

In hindsight he can be more than forgiven for that, although I think he still makes 135 comfortably and if the Floyd fight falls through again I think he should drop down and fight JMM there providing he beats Katsidis this weekend.
    If he fights JMM again even at 135, it's going to be said that Manny cherry picked Floyd's leftovers that Floyd fought JMM before Manny. And that Manny fought a old washed up fighter while Floyd fought a better version of JMM. Fact.
    Lol.

I see it the other way around. Juan was Pac's leftover for Floyd (FACT!). Floyd fought a slow and bloated Juan after he cheated him on the scale. And Manny fought a fresh and comfy Juan... TWICE!

Imo, Floyd wouldn't dare go down to JMM's 135 comfort zone. But Manny would, and could win it.
    That fight has passed imo. Pac needs to fight the winner of Bradley/Alexander or Berto. I would prefer the winner of Bradley/Alexander because whoever wins that fight is a top 7 or 8 fighter in the game that's also undefeated. I know Roach is saving the winner for Khan, but Manny is his bread and butter in that stable of fighters, Manny's interest should be looked at first not Khan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd fought Shane.

yeah i think Pac fought most of those that he should at Welterweights. Pac fought all that Matters at 126-130. The only question should only be at 135 having only David Diaz in there.

In hindsight he can be more than forgiven for that, although I think he still makes 135 comfortably and if the Floyd fight falls through again I think he should drop down and fight JMM there providing he beats Katsidis this weekend.
    If he fights JMM again even at 135, it's going to be said that Manny cherry picked Floyd's leftovers that Floyd fought JMM before Manny. And that Manny fought a old washed up fighter while Floyd fought a better version of JMM. Fact.
    Lol.

I see it the other way around. Juan was Pac's leftover for Floyd (FACT!). Floyd fought a slow and bloated Juan after he cheated him on the scale. And Manny fought a fresh and comfy Juan... TWICE!

Imo, Floyd wouldn't dare go down to JMM's 135 comfort zone. But Manny would, and could win it.
    That fight has passed imo. Pac needs to fight the winner of Bradley/Alexander or Berto. I would prefer the winner of Bradley/Alexander because whoever wins that fight is a top 7 or 8 fighter in the game that's also undefeated. I know Roach is saving the winner for Khan, but Manny is his bread and butter in that stable of fighters, Manny's interest should be looked at first not Khan.
    That would put Roach on a tough situation. Cuz Khan is supposedly his next star pupil. But you know what. I've had enough with Pacquiao circus fights already. If Pac-May negotiation fails again, I don't mind seeing Manny clean up 140 after he fights Berto.

But what about Khan though?... Should he move up to 147?... Will he be willing to find a new trainer and fight Manny too?... Hmm... I don't know.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd fought Shane.

Lol.

That would put Roach on a tough situation. Cuz Khan is supposedly his next star pupil. But you know what. I've had enough with Pacquiao circus fights already. If Pac-May negotiation fails again, I don't mind seeing Manny clean up 140 after he fights Berto.

But what about Khan though?... Should he move up to 147?... Will he be willing to find a new trainer and fight Manny too?... Hmm... I don't know.
    Roach has had success before Manny came into his gym, but it was that Filipino fighter that really put Roach out there being well known, also Manny's career is winding down. So Roach should know that who is his bread and butter and that beating the winner of Bradley/Alexander would only enhance Manny and his legacy, for I expect the winner of Bradley/Alexander to go on and do big things even if they were to lose to Manny.

Khan on the other hand, may have a Wlad Klitschko type of career. Meaning all world skills but chinny as hell and may even dominate 1 division, also Khan may even 1 day appear in most people's p4p list, but I don't see atg status in him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont be shocked if mayweather noe signs to fight cotto, now that cotto's a spent force money will fight and beat him and tell us all cotto was the p4p best

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd fought Shane.

That is pretty cool.

If boxing was that black and white.
    Pacquiao fought Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito.
    Floyd fought Shane.

Where was Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito in their career and standings at the time Pacquiao fought him, and where was Shane in standings when Floyd fought him. It could be argued that Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito were at a lesser standing when Pacquiao fought them, then Shane was when Floyd fought him.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Floyd fought Shane.

That is pretty cool.

Floyd fought Shane.

Where was Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito in their career and standings at the time Pacquiao fought him, and where was Shane in standings when Floyd fought him. It could be argued that Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito were at a lesser standing when Pacquiao fought them, then Shane was when Floyd fought him.
    Meaning ranking or gameness?
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post

Floyd fought Shane.

That is pretty cool.

Floyd fought Shane.

ranking wise and position in boxing at the time the fights went down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd fought Shane.

That is pretty cool.

Floyd fought Shane.

I assume that there is nothing i can say that would change your mind. but still here goes

Shane Mosley went inactive for 16 Months before fighting Floyd and he is 38 yrs old. Inactivity somewhat affect old fighters dont you think. That;s why he looks completely shot againts Floyd.

now you compare this with Cotto and Margarito? Lets leave Clottey out this for a while

Cotto has already beaten a younger version of Mosley and he lost only to the man Pacquiao also beat in Margarito.

and you say Clottey, Cotto and Margarito is lesser in standing compared to a mosley that was defeated by Cotto?? id say WTF??!!

Cotto beat Mosley
    Shane beat Margarito
    Pac beat Cotto, Margarito and Clottey
    Floyd beat Shane

and you conclude

Floyds victory over Shane is greater that Pac's victory over Cotto, Margarito and Clottey

It could be argued that Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito were at a lesser standing when Pacquiao fought them, then Shane was when Floyd fought him

You must be out of you mind Can you rationalize that?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And let's not forget how poor Mosley looked against Mora too. He hasn't beaten a top fighter in over 2 years now and is pushing 40. The Mora fight confirmed what the Mayweather fight had us thinking. If Mosley had come back beating up Mora, then that would have reflected positively on Mayweather's showing. As it stands Mosley has looked relatively shot twice in a row after having a long lay off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd fought Shane.

That is pretty cool.

Floyd fought Shane.

I assume that there is nothing i can say that would change your mind. but still here goes

Shane Mosley went inactive for 16 Months before fighting Floyd and he is 38 yrs old. Inactivity somewhat affect old fighters dont you think. That;s why he looks completely shot againts Floyd.

now you compare this with Cotto and Margarito? Lets leave Clottey out this for a while

Cotto has already beaten a younger version of Mosley and he lost only to the man Pacquiao also beat in Margarito.

and you say Clottey, Cotto and Margarito is lesser in standing compared to a mosley that was defeated by Cotto?? id say WTF??!!

Cotto beat Mosley
    Shane beat Margarito
    Pac beat Cotto, Margarito and Clottey
    Floyd beat Shane

and you conclude

Floyds victory over Shane is greater that Pac's victory over Cotto, Margarito and Clottey

It could be argued that Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito were at a lesser standing when Pacquiao fought them, then Shane was when Floyd fought him

You must be out of you mind Can you rationalize that?
    Can I rationalize it?

Sure. Cotto was at a lesser standing because he'd already lost to Margarito and looked very crappy against Clottey and took a lot of punishment and was in danger of losing that fight too. Margarito was last seen getting knocked out by Mosley, and upon coming off suspension looked very bad in his comeback fight.

Mosley was coming off a win against Margarito at 147 at a time when Margarito was the guy at 147 and the lineal champ. I think we can both agree that Margarito after he beat Cotto became the lineal champ at 147. Mosley knocked him out, thus making him the lineal champ.

You could say Mosley had a long layoff, but Mosley hadn't fought in 18 months, but at the same time Mayweather had only fought once since 2007.

So I can rationalize that Mosley was at a higher standing when Floyd fought him, than Cotto or Margarito was when Pacquiao fought them.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

And I'm not talking about who Mosley looked crap against afterwards I'm talking about the standing they were at when Floyd fought them. Because it wasn't like Mosley looked terrible leading up to the fight. In fact the last time Mosley had been in the ring he looked absolutely dominant and beastly against Margarito. And he was the man and the lineal champ at 147.

Cotto was coming off a knockout loss, and a crappy performance he was busted up against Clottey, Margarito was coming off a knockout loss and another crappy performance.

So Shane looked a lot less weak, and was at a higher standing going into the fight with Mayweather, than Cotto and Margarito were going in against Pacquiao.

That's my thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see.

That requires a lot of thought from your part to make it more complicating i say.

Shane's standing before facing Floyd.

-KO victory over Margarito
    -Last second KO victory over Mayorga
    -Loss to Cotto

Margarito's standing before facing Pacquiao

- Decision over Garcia
    - KO Loss to Mosley
    -TKO win over Cotto

Cotto's standing before Pacquiao

-decision over Clottey
    -KO over Jennings
    -TKO loss to Margarito

- CONCLUSION from a sane man -

1. All 3 men lost in their last 3 fights
    2. Each have beaten the other while lost to the other
    3. Floyd dominated one of the 3. Pacquiao dominated 2 of the 3
    4. Cotto's other loss comes from Marg w/c Pac dominated also. If anything Cotto has a stronger claim to be superior among the 3 with recent victories over Clottey, Judah, Quintana( W over Williams at 147).

Pls just answer me this mate, straight up.

Do you consider Floyd's victory over Shane as more Impressive compared to Pac's victory over Cotto and Margarito?
    Last edited by miron_lang; 11-26-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    And let's not forget how poor Mosley looked against Mora too. He hasn't beaten a top fighter in over 2 years now and is pushing 40. The Mora fight confirmed what the Mayweather fight had us thinking. If Mosley had come back beating up Mora, then that would have reflected positively on Mayweather's showing. As it stands Mosley has looked relatively shot twice in a row after having a long lay off.

Over computation of dividends were given to Mosley for his Victory against Margarito.

Before the fight it was already discussed that Mosley's physical attributes shines brightly againts what Margarito has to offer. Lets not even consider Margarito's excuse that he was severly overweight going to the Mosley Camp.

- Mosley hits like mule. harder than Cotto and most likely harder than Cintron
    - Mosley has great great upper body strength. See how many time he clinch easily after landing an overhand right. Marg is strong but SHane can wrestle him if he needs to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see.

That requires a lot of thought from your part to make it more complicating i say.

Shane's standing before facing Floyd.

-KO victory over Margarito
    -Last second KO victory over Mayorga
    -Loss to Cotto

Margarito's standing before facing Pacquiao

- Decision over Garcia
    - KO Loss to Mosley
    -TKO win over Cotto

Cotto's standing before Pacquiao

-decision over Clottey
    -KO over Jennings
    -TKO loss to Margarito

- CONCLUSION from a sane man -

1. All 3 men lost in their last 3 fights
    2. Each have beaten the other while lost to the other
    3. Floyd dominated one of the 3. Pacquiao dominated 2 of the 3
    4. Cotto's other loss comes from Marg w/c Pac dominated also. If anything Cotto has a stronger claim to be superior among the 3 with recent victories over Clottey, Judah, Quintana( W over Williams at 147).

Pls just answer me this mate, straight up.

Do you consider Floyd's victory over Shane as more Impressive compared to Pac's victory over Cotto and Margarito?
    Yeah, Floyd's victory against Shane was more impressive then Pacquiao's against Margarito and Cotto. Probably because I picked Pacquiao to massacre both of them considering how they looked prior. Shane Mosley shocked everyone by knocking out Margarito and coming out in that form. And like I said he was the lineal champion at the time. So of course Floyd's win over Mosley is more impressive than Pacquiao's over Cotto and Margarito. When Pacquiao was to fight Cotto i said on this forum that pacquiao was going to demolish him and he did, I said that he would destroy margarito in a one sided fight and he did. So pacquiao beating Margarito or Cotto the way he did wasn't really a surprise to me. But Floyd dominating Mosley in the way he did, surprised me. I expected Floyd to win but I didn't expect him to make Shane look that bad. That plus the fact Shane was lineal champ at 147 at the time they fought. Regardless on if he lost to Cotto before, he had redeemed himself by knocking Margarito and winning the lineal championship?

See the thing is, anyone can put these wins etc up on paper and try to make it as simple as 1,2,3. But the fact is, at the time they fought, Shane was the lineal champ at 147 and the man of that division.

margarito and cotto, were on a very apparent slide, coming off their last two performances. Neither of them came off of an absolute dominant knockout performance against the guy of the division did they? So if we compare, how Cotto came off against Margarito and then Clottey, and then how Margarito came off against Mosley and Garcia or whoever he fought after. And Clottey and Garcia are no world beaters, but then compare it how Mosley came off against Margarito who was "the guy" at 147. No one else was it, he WAS the lineal champ, and Shane knocked him out and dominated him and took the lineal championship from him. And I;m sorry but that's more impressive then how Cotto or Margarito looked in their fight leading up to pacquiao. So yes Floyd beating Shane was more impressive in my opinion.

Better I question to ask you this.

Was Shane the lineal champ coming into his fight with Floyd?

Do you think Cotto looked better against Clottey then Mosley did against Margarito?

Do you think Margarito looked better against Garcia then Mosley did against Margarito?

Who looked more dominant coming into their fight with either Floyd or Pacquiao; Cotto and Margarito, or Shane?
    Last edited by Majesty; 11-26-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, Floyd's victory against Shane was more impressive then Pacquiao's against Margarito and Cotto.
    LOL

That's fine i guess

Shane was not the lineal champion because it wasnt clear between the 3. RING editors voted that Shane v Marg isnt for their Championship because of the Shane's loss to Cotto.

Lineal should be between the 2 very best fighters.

Do you think Cotto looked better against Clottey then Mosley did against Margarito?
    Styles makes fight. Marg is made for Mosley. head to head Cotto already beat Shane just within 3 fights of the bout were talking about

Do you think Margarito looked better against Garcia then Mosley did against Margarito?
    Mosley looks better of course. but he looks shit againts Mora

Who looked more dominant coming into their fight with either Floyd or Pacquiao; Cotto and Margarito, or Shane?
    I already told you this. Cotto has the strongest claim among the 3. Mosley was lucky he was facing Margarito. If it was Clottey or Cotto in there he would look every second of his 38 yrs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, Floyd's victory against Shane was more impressive then Pacquiao's against Margarito and Cotto.
    LOL

That's fine i guess

Shane was not the lineal champion because it wasnt clear between the 3. RING editors voted that Shane v Marg isnt for their Championship because of the Shane's loss to Cotto.

Lineal should be between the 2 very best fighters.

Styles makes fight. Marg is made for Mosley. head to head Cotto already beat Shane just within 3 fights of the bout were talking about

Mosley looks better of course. but he looks shit againts Mora

I already told you this. Cotto has the strongest claim among the 3. Mosley was lucky he was facing Margarito. If it was Clottey or Cotto in there he would look every second of his 38 yrs.

I agree with most of your logic regarding most of this argument, but had shane faced Cotto in an immediate rematch with cotto, Cotto would have been beaten. Shane also would have beaten Clottey because he was a heavybag there to be hit. Even before the PBF fight shane would have kayoed Berto.

I think 3# factors pushed shane over the hill before he had one last hoorah fight.

factor #1 - obviously his age
    factor #2 - over training, as he was already getting ready for Berto, only to have to begin his training for pbf weeks after finding out that Berto was pulling out.
    Factor #3 - The very long layoff..

But I agree. Pac beating any version of clottey, Marg, and cotto still outweighs PBF beating that now confirmed old shane mosley...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information