Thread: B-Hop Vs Jean Pascal Spoilers.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: B-Hop Vs Jean Pascal Spoilers.

the time has come for judges to pay a price for bad scoring.....esp those who keep doing it, get rid of them and enforce to the rest that if you cause a major injustice that you'll be investicated for the crime, huge fines, lifetime ban's and threat of prison.....people risk there life when they fight, what right has a moron got to play chicken with anothers life just because he's a fan of the other boxer so scores it that way..............ok i'm going to far with the punishments but i'm sure you get my point....to many of these judges get away with it and to top it of you see them at another world titile fight a few weeks later

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I just watched it and it was a very easy fight to score, in my mind B-Hop was robbed. Yes he was floored twice, the 1st knockdown being borederline rabbit shot. But he still won 9 rounds quite easily IMO.

1 Pascal 10-8
    2 Pascal 10-9
    3 Pascal 10-8
    4 Hopkins 10-9
    5 Hopkins 10-9
    6 Hopkins 10-9
    7 Hopkins 10-9
    8 Hopkins 10-9
    9 Hopkins 10-9
    10 Hopkins 10-9
    11 Hopkins 10-9
    12 Hopkins 10-9

115-111 B-Hop
    I haven't watched it again yet although may well agree with your scores. I've seen a few people say Pascal won the 5th, and maybe edged the 12th though which would level it up. No doubt Hopkins was the moral winner. Pascal must be feeling pretty bad today, being humiliated by a 45 year old man.
    I haven't rewatched it either, but imagine I would have something like that too. I was supporting Pascal, but he just wouldn't do anything and allowed himself to be outworked by someone old enough to be his dad. It was a lame showing. I had never realised Pascal's stamina was quite so shit. Bit of a Judah thing going on.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since Miles just responded. I sure wonder if the 2 judges that scored the fight a draw were Jews?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Daniel Van de "im a f***wad" Viele is a freakin moron, at least he's being called out on his blindness for once. Usually judges get to come up with whatever freakin score they like and its fine, judges should be able to justify their scorecards and I'd like to see him justify giving the 10th to pascal.
    He didn't give the 10th to Pascal he scored it 10-10. He also scored the first round 10-9 to Pascal so clearly credited Hopkins for winning the round barring the knockdown.

Hopkins is lucky Van De Wiele helped him get the draw.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just rewatched the first round so far and it was a clear hit to the back of the head imo

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Since Miles just responded. I sure wonder if the 2 judges that scored the fight a draw were Jews?
    Hahaha, how on earth would I know? They might have been, but I am not one for suggesting that Jews are behind all the bad decisions in boxing. So, yeah, they might not have been too Jews. I just think the two judges were simply incompetent or else were displaying elements of corruption. Just not doing a good enough job all in all. And all need a good banning for about several billion years. Or a two week trip to Israel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Daniel Van de "im a f***wad" Viele is a freakin moron, at least he's being called out on his blindness for once. Usually judges get to come up with whatever freakin score they like and its fine, judges should be able to justify their scorecards and I'd like to see him justify giving the 10th to pascal.
    He didn't give the 10th to Pascal he scored it 10-10. He also scored the first round 10-9 to Pascal so clearly credited Hopkins for winning the round barring the knockdown.

hahahaha you crack me up fenster.........b-hop won....think of it like this...in a rugby match a team scored 2 early trys...total 14points...the other team gets 6 conversions each being 3 points...total 18points....who wins the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    It seems like the contested round is round 10.

Boxing - Schaefer demands rematch

Apparently the Belgium judge gave the 10th round even when it was clearly a Hopkins round. Golden Boy saying they will sue if Pascal tries to dodge a rematch.........
    After watching it again it was a bit closer than I originally thought. I could possibly see a 10-10 round. Hopkins starting to clearly land the counter right but he also started taking some punches at the end of the round and didn't through a single meaningful punch in the last minute or so. Pascal landed a solid uppercut early and a good left hook-right hand to end the round.

[QUOTE=armin;929607]Daniel Van de "im a f***wad" Viele is a freakin moron, at least he's being called out on his blindness for once. Usually judges get to come up with whatever freakin score they like and its fine, judges should be able to justify their scorecards and I'd like to see him justify giving the 10th to pascal.

I agree 100 percent. I think us the fans should be entitled to look at the total scoresheet after the end of the fight. Not a week later when it is shown on a replay.

What an excellent fight that was for the 45 year old man. I have not been a big fan of B-Hop as of late but he should have gotten the victory last night. My biggest beef with the score's in the fight game are the knockdown's. B-Hop was finding his rythym in the third round then bam he get's knocked down. Immediate loss of a point and loss of the round. I think this is becoming a bit to common nowadays. If this was the same scoring system they used in the seventies Earnie Shavers would have about five or six more wins by getting so far ahead on the scorecards. My belief is the judges should start taking into consideration of who was winning the round and not exclude the fighter who was knocked down into lossing the round so easily. Knockdowns should not be an immediate point deduction especially with a flash or questionable knockdown like there was last night in the first round. B-Hop should have been awarded the victory but what can I say that's boxing.

And what a great job that referee did last night he called it the way he seen it in the first round and you can't argue with that. He let the fighter's fight on the inside didn't step in every time an arm was tied up.I would like to see this guy ref a bit more.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NUCLEAR BULL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

hahahaha you crack me up fenster.........b-hop won....think of it like this...in a rugby match a team scored 2 early trys...total 14points...the other team gets 6 conversions each being 3 points...total 18points....who wins the game
    I never said Hopkins didn't win. I'm merely pointing out that the "blind, corrupt, incompetent" judge actually SAVED Hopkins by scoring the 1st round 10-9. I've not seen one single fan score the 1st round anything other than 10-8 for Pascal.

You can't have it both ways. The ref is a cunt.. oh apart from the bit where he clearly favoured Hopkins
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-19-2010 at 06:10 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This isnt a robbery. Pascal winning would have been a robbery but he didnt. I had it 7-5 in rounds to Bhop so 113-113. Both knockdowns were legitimate imo but even if you dispute that, they were called knockdowns so you have to count them in your scoring.

I scored rounds 5 and 12 for Pascal because I thought he landed the harder more damaging punches in those rounds. Both those rounds were very close and could go either way, I happened to lean to Pascal. I think 113-113, 114-112 BHop and 115-111 Bhop are all fair scores.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I just watched it and it was a very easy fight to score, in my mind B-Hop was robbed. Yes he was floored twice, the 1st knockdown being borederline rabbit shot. But he still won 9 rounds quite easily IMO.

1 Pascal 10-8
    2 Pascal 10-9
    3 Pascal 10-8
    4 Hopkins 10-9
    5 Hopkins 10-9
    6 Hopkins 10-9
    7 Hopkins 10-9
    8 Hopkins 10-9
    9 Hopkins 10-9
    10 Hopkins 10-9
    11 Hopkins 10-9
    12 Hopkins 10-9

115-111 B-Hop
    I had the same score, though I thought there were two close rounds that hypothetically could be scored for Pascal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think bernard hopkins was definitely robbed. like i said, americans cannot get a fair shake in canada, argentina or anywhere in asia. aside from those two flash knockdowns hopkins suffered, the fight wasn't even close. just goes to show how little boxing these idiot judges from canada know. this fight reminded me scoring wise of the marquez/pacquiao I fight. after that first round, marquez took the fight to pacquiao, out thought him, out worked him, out punched him, schooled him and still those blind judges ruled it a draw.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its ridiculous to suggest changing the rules in order to devalue flash knockdowns. If you are punched and rendered unable to stand and/or defend yourself, it should be counted against you in a big way. I can undertand why some people are annoyed at how things ended but it is what it is. This is Boxing, not Rugby.

Can I just add that those body shots Bernard was sneaking home where pure class. The best I've seen for a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think in fights where there have been early knockdowns the scoring system can be changed slightly to give the fighter suffering the knockdown a chance to recover the point lost.......like lastnight....after the 3rd round if hopkins could comeback within the next 6mins to take control of the fight with effective punching and take control of centre ring then there should be a 11-9 round so as to prove it was a flash knockdown......to many guys are given to big a lead from a nothing knockdown..........there has to be a window for a fighter to say " look it was a balance shot but i've comeback to show i wasnt hurt, i've straight away pressed home my advange in the ring to the point the other fighters on the run "

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NUCLEAR BULL View Post
    i think in fights where there have been early knockdowns the scoring system can be changed slightly to give the fighter suffering the knockdown a chance to recover the point lost.......like lastnight....after the 3rd round if hopkins could comeback within the next 6mins to take control of the fight with effective punching and take control of centre ring then there should be a 11-9 round so as to prove it was a flash knockdown......to many guys are given to big a lead from a nothing knockdown..........there has to be a window for a fighter to say " look it was a balance shot but i've comeback to show i wasnt hurt, i've straight away pressed home my advange in the ring to the point the other fighters on the run "

An 11-9 round, that's nuts

There is already a perfectly fine system in place. If the judges think the knockout wasn't harmful and that that the guy who was knocked down they can actually decided to only rule it a 10-9 round, as indeed did one of the judges last night.

And if a fighter is so dominating a round without knocking down his opponent he can get a 10-8 round without a knockdown, as did Maidana against Khan last weekend.

The current system is fine.

Thread Information