428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Junior Witters says Kotelnik will KO Khan

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Hatton ducked Witter for years FACT, for what ever reason and i think its more to do with the fact he hates the cunt, but this fight should of been made around the time Hatton fought Mcgee in 2002, Fenster is right Witter deserved to fight Hatton back then they were by far the two best in the country and Hatton was happy fighting washed up old Olivera and similar foes.
    Witter is England's equivalent of Vivian Harris, hyped up to be awesome and possible PBF foes, to end up nothing, just bums
    Hyped up by whom? When was Witter gonna fight Floyd?

Witter got his ranking fair and square. The ONLY fight that ever made sense in his career was Hatton. They are BOTH British. They were fierce rivals for years. They became the best two fighters in their weight-class. Hatton ducked him. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Hatton ducked Witter for years FACT, for what ever reason and i think its more to do with the fact he hates the cunt, but this fight should of been made around the time Hatton fought Mcgee in 2002, Fenster is right Witter deserved to fight Hatton back then they were by far the two best in the country and Hatton was happy fighting washed up old Olivera and similar foes.
    Witter is England's equivalent of Vivian Harris, hyped up to be awesome and possible PBF foes, to end up nothing, just bums

Witter got his ranking fair and square. The ONLY fight that ever made sense in his career was Hatton. They are BOTH British. They were fierce rivals for years. They became the best two fighters in their weight-class. Hatton ducked him. Fact.
    what in the world did Witter do to deserve his ranking beat Corley and Harris? those means mean shit hell Hatton's win over Castillo is more impressive than anything Witter has done, and i wasn't impressed by it one bit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am going to go against my normal stance and think that Khan can certainly pull off a very good win over Kotelnik. I think Roach will have drummed into his style the defensive element and his speed is a huge advantage - that he must utilise. I hope he pulls it off and I think he can, but its going to be tough as Kotelnik is a superb counter puncher and pretty accurate.

If Khan does win - will Junior be looking to get a shot at him? Would Frank Warren let it happen?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what in the world did Witter do to deserve his ranking beat Corley and Harris? those means mean shit hell Hatton's win over Castillo is more impressive than anything Witter has done, and i wasn't impressed by it one bit
    Why was it more impressive? Castillo was a good win but to give Witter his due Witter and Corley were both former champs at 140. Far as I know Castillo was one at lightweight and had blown a third fight with corrales because of his weight issues i saw him on FNF he didnt look like he was that good anymore. Corley on the other hand looks like he has a lot left. Was there anyone that didn't think Hatton was gonna beat Castillo?
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Why was it more impressive? Castillo was a good win but to give Witter his due Witter and Corley were both former champs at 140. Far as I know Castillo was one at lightweight and had blown a third fight with corrales because of his weight issues i saw him on FNF he didnt look like he was that good anymore. Corley on the other hand looks like he has a lot left. Was there anyone that didn't think Hatton was gonna beat Castillo?
    Corley went on to lose....and lose and lose some more....much more (6 out of his last convincingly than he did to Witter.

The betting on Castillo was 50-50ish.

Opinion on here seemed to be 65-35ish Hatton. Castillo was ranked top ten p4p when the fight was made.

Fightnews Poll
    Who will win the June 23 IBO jr welterweight title clash between Ricky Hatton and Jose Luis Castillo?

Hatton by KO 22%
    Hatton by decision 24%
    Castillo by KO 41%
    Castillo by decision 14%

That's where it stood after I voted.

I then went to the Gladiators website (http://www.gladiatorsthefight.com/portal/)
    and voted and saw these results

Who will win the battle, Hatton or Castillo?
    Castillo by knockout
    699 33.1%

Hatton by knockout
    650 30.8%

Hatton by decision
    493 23.4%

Castillo by decision
    270 12.8%
    Last edited by ono; 04-17-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Win fights. How does anyone "deserve" their ranking?

Bradley is ranked because of his win against Witter. If Witter is so pathetically unworthy why did Bradley get credit for the win?

What did Malignaggi do to deserve his ranking? His best win was/is against N'dou. Witter already beat him.

Maussa? He beat that "shit" fighter Vivian Harris? That don't count, right? Witter sparked Harris.

Urango? His best win was over Rabah. Rabah got stopped by N'Dou. The same N'dou Witter already beat.

Lazcano? He LOST to that "shit" fighter Vivian Harris. The one Witter knocked out.

Instead of keep saying Witter is shit. Can you show me why any of the fighters you've listed DESERVE to be rated above him?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

I hate Amir Khan.

I hope he gets beaten up. He has a chance against Kotelnik, but it isnt saying much.
    I can understand that you hate Khan, I am all ok with it but in all fairness, if he beats Kotelnik, it'll say a lot about his rough potential and he'll deserve some good credit. His main and only problem at the moment is his dubious chin but still, the kid (at 22, we can call him a kid) has talent.
    Khan has talent, but he also has a shitty chin which can haunt him for the rest of his career, but honestly a win against Kotelnik proves nothing
    Come on, Kotelnik is part of the elite, if he can beat him at 22, it means a lot, the chin will sure haunt him somehow, that I agree but you can't say that at 22 of age it proves nothing if he beats him. If I would follow what you say, whoever he would beat, it would nto prove nothing in the end, which doesn't make sense, if you beat fair and square a top fighter, it has to be recognize as a good achievement, especially at 22.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can understand that you hate Khan, I am all ok with it but in all fairness, if he beats Kotelnik, it'll say a lot about his rough potential and he'll deserve some good credit. His main and only problem at the moment is his dubious chin but still, the kid (at 22, we can call him a kid) has talent.
    Khan has talent, but he also has a shitty chin which can haunt him for the rest of his career, but honestly a win against Kotelnik proves nothing
    Come on, Kotelnik is part of the elite, if he can beat him at 22, it means a lot, the chin will sure haunt him somehow, that I agree but you can't say that at 22 of age it proves nothing if he beats him. If I would follow what you say, whoever he would beat, it would nto prove nothing in the end, which doesn't make sense, if you beat fair and square a top fighter, it has to be recognize as a good achievement, especially at 22.
    I guess our definition of elite differs somewhat.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley is ranked because of his win against Witter. If Witter is so pathetically unworthy why did Bradley get credit for the win?
    he didn't get full credit of anything until now that he also beat Holt, also he gained fame since he was relatively a nobody until he pulled the UPSET and beat Witter
    What did Malignaggi do to deserve his ranking? His best win was/is against N'dou. Witter already beat him.
    Malignaggi although he lost he lost to the #2 man in the division at the time being Miguel Cotto (Hatton being #1) and he lost in a somewhat competitive fight, and then went on to beat Cherry who was making noise at the time with wins over Meza Clay and Alicea, and also has a win over the tough Herman Ngoudjo

Maussa? He beat that "shit" fighter Vivian Harris? That don't count, right? Witter sparked Harris.
    yea Witter knocked out Harris, only after Maussa had already done it in the same exact round 2 years earlier
    Urango? His best win was over Rabah. Rabah got stopped by N'Dou. The same N'dou Witter already beat.
    he already had a draw against the then unbeaten Mike Arnaoutis and went on to knock Vilches in 4, same Vilches that took Hatton 12 (yea using the fighter who fought the fighter and beat the fighter this way doesn't really mean shit), and he went on to also beat Ngoudjo, and now is gonna take on Berto
    Lazcano? He LOST to that "shit" fighter Vivian Harris. The one Witter knocked out.
    who the fuck mentioned Lazcano? he hasn't been the same since the Castillo fight, end of

Instead of keep saying Witter is shit. Can you show me why any of the fighters you've listed DESERVE to be rated above him?
    i just did, others that deserve to be ranked above Witter are, Ortiz, Holt, Torres, Bailey, Peterson, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post

I guess our definition of elite differs somewhat.
    same thing i was thinking, a win over the crap that is Gavin Reese doesn't make you elite, if Juan Diaz (who has done a hell of a lot more than Kotelnik) isn't considered elite neither should he
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Corley went on to lose....and lose and lose some more....much more (6 out of his last convincingly than he did to Witter.

Opinion on here seemed to be 65-35ish Hatton. Castillo was ranked top ten p4p when the fight was made.

Fightnews Poll
    Who will win the June 23 IBO jr welterweight title clash between Ricky Hatton and Jose Luis Castillo?

Hatton by KO 22%
    Hatton by decision 24%
    Castillo by KO 41%
    Castillo by decision 14%

I then went to the Gladiators website (http://www.gladiatorsthefight.com/portal/)

Castillo by knockout
    699 33.1%

Hatton by knockout
    650 30.8%

Hatton by decision
    493 23.4%

Castillo by decision
    270 12.8%
    exactly what i'm pointing out, but he's hell bent on trying to make Witter the king at 140 when he shouldn't even really be considered a real player in the division
    Last edited by ElTerribleMorales; 04-17-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he didn't get full credit of anything until now that he also beat Holt, also he gained fame since he was relatively a nobody until he pulled the UPSET and beat Witter
    Malignaggi although he lost he lost to the #2 man in the division at the time being Miguel Cotto (Hatton being #1) and he lost in a somewhat competitive fight, and then went on to beat Cherry who was making noise at the time with wins over Meza Clay and Alicea, and also has a win over the tough Herman Ngoudjo

yea Witter knocked out Harris, only after Maussa had already done it in the same exact round 2 years earlier
    he already had a draw against the then unbeaten Mike Arnaoutis and went on to knock Vilches in 4, same Vilches that took Hatton 12 (yea using the fighter who fought the fighter and beat the fighter this way doesn't really mean shit), and he went on to also beat Ngoudjo, and now is gonna take on Berto
    who the fuck mentioned Lazcano? he hasn't been the same since the Castillo fight, end of

i just did, others that deserve to be ranked above Witter are, Ortiz, Holt, Torres, Bailey, Peterson, etc.

same thing i was thinking, a win over the crap that is Gavin Reese doesn't make you elite, if Juan Diaz (who has done a hell of a lot more than Kotelnik) isn't considered elite neither should he

Fightnews Poll

Hatton by KO 22%
    Hatton by decision 24%
    Castillo by KO 41%
    Castillo by decision 14%

Castillo by knockout
    699 33.1%

Hatton by knockout
    650 30.8%

Hatton by decision
    493 23.4%

Castillo by decision
    270 12.8%
    exactly what i'm pointing out, but he's hell bent on trying to make Witter the king at 140 when he shouldn't even really be considered a real player in the division

Now explain what makes Cherry, Meza Clay, Alicea (Naz sparked him about 20 years ago), Ngoudjo (robbed), Holt and Arnaoutis (P4P no.1 granted) good names to beat?

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witter lost a close decision to a guy who now owns two belts. He's got to be in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fightnews Poll

Hatton by KO 22%
    Hatton by decision 24%
    Castillo by KO 41%
    Castillo by decision 14%

Castillo by knockout
    699 33.1%

Hatton by knockout
    650 30.8%

Hatton by decision
    493 23.4%

Castillo by decision
    270 12.8%

Now explain what makes Cherry, Meza Clay, Alicea (Naz sparked him about 20 years ago), Ngoudjo (robbed), Holt and Arnaoutis (P4P no.1 granted) good names to beat?
    dude honestly you're delusional, only fight that Ngoudjo was involved in that could have been called robberery, was his "win" against Bailey, Holt came a hell of a lot closer to beating Bradley then your lover Witter, and Arnaoutis at one point was considered one of the best 140 lb'ers out there, i hope Khan wins, cause honestly IMO he'll even beat Witter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dude honestly you're delusional, only fight that Ngoudjo was involved in that could have been called robberery, was his "win" against Bailey, Holt came a hell of a lot closer to beating Bradley then your lover Witter, and Arnaoutis at one point was considered one of the best 140 lb'ers out there, i hope Khan wins, cause honestly IMO he'll even beat Witter
    Your either Ray Hatton or Rickys agent Paul Speak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously fella whats your problem with Witter?? I think hes a cunt personally but he has a decent record and has some good wins, he has a better resume than Mallinaggi for one he was British Commenwealth and European Champ has a win over the current WBA World Champion and has been a top ten 140 fighter with the ring for the best part of six/seven years, Hatton would beat him but the fight should have been made.

When Hatton was fighting the likes of Olivera,Stewart,Vliches,Pederson etc etc all basically shit or past it, Witter should of fought Hatton between 2000-2005.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your either Ray Hatton or Rickys agent Paul Speak.
    i'm not even a Hatton fan but to say he ran scared from Witter of all people is completely ridiculous, honestly Witter IMO is very overrated, and if at top 10 the highest position he should get is just that, 10
    IMO my top 10 for 140 is
    1.Ricky Hatton
    2.Timothy Bradley
    3.Kendall Holt
    4.Ricardo Torres
    5.Andriy Kotelnik
    6.Paulie Malignaggi
    7.Juan Urango
    8.Victor Ortiz
    9.Randall Bailey
    10.Junior Witter

Manny Pacquiao nor Nate Campbell should be ranked seeing how neither has even fought at 140, and how the Ring has Manny Ranked #5 at welterweight just blows my miind, that's utter bullshit

Seriously fella whats your problem with Witter?? I think hes a cunt personally but he has a decent record and has some good wins, he has a better resume than Mallinaggi for one he was British Commenwealth and European Champ has a win over the current WBA World Champion and has been a top ten 140 fighter with the ring for the best part of six/seven years, Hatton would beat him but the fight should have been made.

When Hatton was fighting the likes of Olivera,Stewart,Vliches,Pederson etc etc all basically shit or past it, Witter should of fought Hatton between 2000-2005.
    with all due respect, maybe to you Brits winning the British Commenwealth and European Championship might mean something but those are just regional titles, same thing as winning the NABF or NABO title to me honestly and that doesn't really mean much,
    Last edited by ElTerribleMorales; 04-17-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Thread Information