Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd: The $8m Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    ...he is just keeping his options open.
    Are you a boxing fan or are you his management? Because your not the one who's gonna benifit. Are YOU getting a percentage of the millions? Floyd has more money than your children's children will ever have. More money than you will make in your lifetime, or anybody here.

Your not supposed to be worried, financially, for this type of fighter.

A true boxing fans wants competitive fights. Not an Old Oscar de la Hoya fight. Oscar had his time in the Nineties. It's time we had the new crew get at each other.
    Umm....what? I don't get how you drew any of that from my post. Where did I say I was ever financially worried? Have you read the thread? I'm the one downplaying the 8 mil and praying he doesn't take the big money DLH fight so I don't see where you got that from. Whatever.

I'm just saying that you can't say he is a chicken for keeping his options open, which is what he is doing. I want the most competitive fight out there for him, and in imo, that is Hatton. It would be injust if he locked up a Margarito before Hatton even got an oppurtunity to showcase himself at 147. THAT is the fight that boxing fans want more then anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    ...he is just keeping his options open.
    Are you a boxing fan or are you his management? Because your not the one who's gonna benifit. Are YOU getting a percentage of the millions? Floyd has more money than your children's children will ever have. More money than you will make in your lifetime, or anybody here.

Your not supposed to be worried, financially, for this type of fighter.

A true boxing fans wants competitive fights. Not an Old Oscar de la Hoya fight. Oscar had his time in the Nineties. It's time we had the new crew get at each other.
    Umm....what? I don't get how you drew any of that from my post. Where did I say I was ever financially worried? Have you read the thread? I'm the one downplaying the 8 mil and praying he doesn't take the big money DLH fight so I don't see where you got that from. Whatever.

I'm just saying that you can't say he is a chicken for keeping his options open, which is what he is doing. I want the most competitive fight out there for him, and in imo, that is Hatton. It would be injust if he locked up a Margarito before Hatton even got an oppurtunity to showcase himself at 147. THAT is the fight that boxing fans want more then anything.
    Sorry man. c-c!

I'm too used to battling Pretty Boyaz, that I'm trigger happy now.

If he won't fight technically challenged Margarito for 10 million, then I guarantee you he won't fight Hatton for anything less. Hatton's management can't afford that price.

If he won't fight technically challenged Margarito for a whopping 10 million,
    do you think he's going to risk going in with Ricky Hatton, a proven elite A+ Fighter, for anything less?

Mayweather options are Oscar, Oscar, and Oscar. Boy he sure is praying Oscar will win it. BUT the hard part is not Oscar winning it, it's the negotiations, which Oscar is notoriusly ruthless in taking most of the percentage, leaving Floyd with perhaps around 25% of the cut, like he did with Hopkins. Which will probably be at most, 12 million, and maybe even less than that. Nothing near the 23 million people say he will make.

But I have to agree, Mayweather Hatton, awesome matchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, I take that back. Floyd can maybe even make 15 million against Oscar.

But Oscar is the fighter with options, if he wins this Cinco de Mayo weekend, he can make over 25 million fighting Joe Shmoe off the streets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would take the money, but that don't make it good or right. Guys in other sports are taking less than what they could make, just for a chance at a championship. I know boxing is 1 on 1, but c'mon. To be champ{fwock trinkets}, you should beat at least 2 of the top five in each respected weight class, and not 4 and 5. Mitchell, good tune up. Judah, respected fight. Oscar, a legend. Even though I like Floyd, he will not be the 147 champ even if he beats Oscar. And the fight might be at 154. Even though I know he would beat Hatton or Tszyu, I didn't consider Floyd the true 140 champ. IMO, he has fought good comp at 147, and beating Zab was beating a top 3 147. Baldomir is junk, so is Gatti. Collazo doesn't really deserve the payday, or the fight, but Tony does. Tony has not beaten anyone that deserves a shot at Floyd, but he is the best current welter{excluding Floyd}. Tony has some losses, so did Castillo. Castillo has beaten better comp, and was undisputedly recognized. But, Tony could be the same if he wasn't avoided.

Avoided or not, deserving or not. Zab lost, which makes Tony the best at 147. Floyd beating Zab says something, but if he followed up with the demolition of Tony, noone could say Floyd wasn't the undisputed 147 champ.

The thing that bugs me most is, Oscar will promote the fight against Floyd. And will star in it. And will probably pick the judges. Floyd will outbox him for sure, but with the public hate for Floyd, and Oscar pulling the strings, Floyd may need a KO to win. I know different, but it's a thought to soke up. Oscar is a vulture. Seduce the dad, control the schedule by flashing money, outbid Arum and all others because you're rich. I give Oscar credit for being a business man, and he learned his tactics from King, BUT THAT DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!!!!

Even though Floyd hasn't fought the best in the last couple of years, he deserves the money fights more than anyone. I get that. If he starts fighting for Golden Boy, I'll be pissed. As much as King doesn't deserve to raqueteer the heavies like he used to, Oscar doesn't deserve to control the lower big names. I'm glad Hatton didn't sign with him. And I hope it doesn't affect Hatton's career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The situation is simple,hopefully Oscar will lose,Floyd will have no option but to fight Tony and if he does not fight him then,I think we can allll safely assume he is ducking Margarito. Everyone keeps talking about the Hatton fight but at the moment,in the US,there is noooooo way Hatton will make PBF $8mill guranteed! No way! No promoter is willing to invest that heavily in that fight yet,hence the reason it is not possible at the moment! Heck even Arum stated it in a link posted a while ago! He said that the fight was not worth it at the moment!

Fact is Margarito is the best WW on the planet bar none. I think Tony could walk through Zab,Baldomir(who he bust up in sparring),Gatti AND Hatton. So we need to see the 2 best fight each other! I AM a Floyd fan but I just don't like who he has been fighting in the last few years,I don't rate Judah and the rest speak for themselves. If he beats Margarito,credit where it is due,and even if fans try to belittle it,we true fans know it would be an awesome victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito himself stated that after watching him fight Zab that he was not only thought he could beat him, he was sure he would knock him out That's saying alot if you ask me and, if Floyd wanted to keep his options open why not Fight Margarito in August get paid $8 million and then wait on Oscar, Cotto or Hatton.

After all his big mouth said it if it makes money it makes sense

Or is he scared of an average, mediocre Champ

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    The situation is simple,hopefully Oscar will lose,Floyd will have no option but to fight Tony and if he does not fight him then,I think we can allll safely assume he is ducking Margarito. Everyone keeps talking about the Hatton fight but at the moment,in the US,there is noooooo way Hatton will make PBF $8mill guranteed! No way! No promoter is willing to invest that heavily in that fight yet,hence the reason it is not possible at the moment! Heck even Arum stated it in a link posted a while ago! He said that the fight was not worth it at the moment!

Fact is Margarito is the best WW on the planet bar none. I think Tony could walk through Zab,Baldomir(who he bust up in sparring),Gatti AND Hatton. So we need to see the 2 best fight each other! I AM a Floyd fan but I just don't like who he has been fighting in the last few years,I don't rate Judah and the rest speak for themselves. If he beats Margarito,credit where it is due,and even if fans try to belittle it,we true fans know it would be an awesome victory.
    i take issue with a few of your comments there. i think margarito can beat baldomir and gatti without too much trouble. he can dispose of zab, though he must weather difficult early rounds. there is no way margarito simply "walks through" ricky hatton as you put it though. besides mayweather hatton is the most difficult fight out there for tony.

furthermore, margarito is POTENTIALLY the best welterweight. IMO he isnt the best at this point in time. until he defeats the other top figures out there, then he has no right to be described as the best. its jumping the gun a little. we need to wait and see if he can really prove himself once he gets his big chances....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    [furthermore, margarito is POTENTIALLY the best welterweight. IMO he isnt the best at this point in time. until he defeats the other top figures out there, then he has no right to be described as the best. its jumping the gun a little. we need to wait and see if he can really prove himself once he gets his big chances....
    I see your point Miles. Your right.

If you can't beat them, you prove nothing. But isn't it also, if they don't fight you, that speaks VOLUMES for the volume puncher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    I give Oscar credit for being a business man, and he learned his tactics from King, BUT THAT DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!!!!

Even though Floyd hasn't fought the best in the last couple of years, he deserves the money fights more than anyone. I get that. If he starts fighting for Golden Boy, I'll be pissed. As much as King doesn't deserve to raqueteer the heavies like he used to, Oscar doesn't deserve to control the lower big names. I'm glad Hatton didn't sign with him. And I hope it doesn't affect Hatton's career.
    Your exactly right. Oscar is too damn smart for a boxer. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by memojaras
    ... why not Fight Margarito in August get paid $8 million and then wait on Oscar, Cotto or Hatton.
    Precisely. Even respected writers don't have that kind of logic. Congrats, your smarter than most of the boxing writers today.

It's because Floyd doesn't want to work for his money, much like Roy Jones Jr. didn't when he was in his prime. Floyd just wants easiER money.

He's a businessman FIRST and a fighter second.

But it's the risky businessman who makes a lot of money.

Just as Roy Jones was always jealous of Oscar's huge paydays, when he could have been competative with Oscar's paydays long ago, if he had Oscar's appetite for being consistently involved in eventful fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he beats Margarito,credit where it is due,and even if fans try to belittle it,we true fans know it would be an awesome victory.
    CC man. And to the rest of you dudes. heh

If Mayweather beat Margarito, he'd get too much credit. heheh So much props will be on him, that for awhile, we'll all forget about the four year drought of Mayweather.

Taking on a Legit 147 pounder, when your best weightclass was down to 130lbs, is an amazing feat, especially if you defeat a crazy machine fighter from Tijuana Mexico!

I will be bold enough to be the first to say, that in boxing...
    ... Tijuana is the new Philadelphia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

i take issue with a few of your comments there. i think margarito can beat baldomir and gatti without too much trouble. he can dispose of zab, though he must weather difficult early rounds. there is no way margarito simply "walks through" ricky hatton as you put it though. besides mayweather hatton is the most difficult fight out there for tony.

furthermore, margarito is POTENTIALLY the best welterweight. IMO he isnt the best at this point in time. until he defeats the other top figures out there, then he has no right to be described as the best. its jumping the gun a little. we need to wait and see if he can really prove himself once he gets his big chances....

Sorry,that was more my poor wording than anything else,Hatton would be a real challenge but I don't see how he could stop Margarito,if Maussa did that to his face,Margarito would serioulsy leave his slashed up!!!!! However,if Hatton did not cut up,it would be a close fight and 1 I would loooove to see!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by memojaras
    ... why not Fight Margarito in August get paid $8 million and then wait on Oscar, Cotto or Hatton.
    Because he says he hurt his hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

all in all, he is scared so what his hand wont hurt saturday night when Oscar wins. And the DLH fight wont be until september. Jose Luis Castillo has taken fights two months apart so to prove he is good and PBF is claimming to be the best well then fight Margarito who in his own words is a average boxer get the 8 mil and then maybe if Oscar wants he can get a fight with him. the fight wont be for a few months anyways, or just accept the fight but delay the date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you see Margarito fight Citron "the next soposable Trinidad"
    he was over rated I mean sure he had Power and all. Sure he had knocked out almost all his opponents but, what happened when he fought Margarito? He got knocked the f**k out, all the power shots that Citron landed on Margarito he would just walk right thru them. This goes to show that even if Floyd has any power at welter weight I sure as hell didn't see it against Zabb. So if Margarito fights Pretty boy he ain't got to worry about his "power". Believe me I sure wouldn't

Thread Information