Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Best film ever?

haha, quiet a few x-men die in the film...
    I'd say it was abit short, i'd give the film a 9 out of 10 rating....Quiet a few twists, but yeah check it out. Its worth it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm seeing Xmen tomorrow hopefully,I don't think it will be 9 out of 10 good but I do know that it will be good. If any of you guys are big fans of the Silent Hill game,I highly recommend the movie! I really liked it! Big H,I was going to ask the same thing,what happened at the end of Donnie Darko?!? This is the last Xmen film but there are that will be made based on Wolverine's past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    haha, quiet a few x-men die in the film...
    I'd say it was abit short, i'd give the film a 9 out of 10 rating....Quiet a few twists, but yeah check it out. Its worth it
    I'm definately going to check it out. Its on my to do list. I'm gonna have to see if one of my friends will go because my girl hates those kind of movies lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggie
    'Audition' is where the girl keeps that dude in a bag and saws his foot off with piano wire right?
    That's the one.
    Yeah, I'm interested in watching that sometime...seemed pretty scary, doubt I could date an asian girl after that
    Yeah, it's a really good film! I wouldn't say it is as scary as it is creepy... it creates this weird paranoiac atmosphere as the film goes on. Most people don't have the patience to sit through the first hour though and they judge it by that only. It really kicks off in the last half hour. Imagine it as a rollercoaster, it slowly takes you up the first hill which seems to go on forever and then out of nowhere, you reach the top and fall into a heart stopping vertical descent! That is what 'Audition' is like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Oh crap,people,how could you forget Donnie Darko,that is just the most insane awesome film ever!!
    Wow,Oggie,how much have you spent on those films then? You must have quite a collection! You're meaking me want to see Yakuza papers quite badly now!! How would you rate it out of 10?
    Man, I have spent a fortune on those films, haha. I need to buy a new 'Asian DVD' rack soon as my old one only has only 4 spaces left out of about 70. :P
    Honestly, I never rate a movie a perfect 10... 'Seven Samurai' is probably the closest I have ever seen. A 9 is too low for a film like 'Yakuza Papers' though. I would rate it about 9.5/10. The only flaw I could find was the huge amount of characters to keep track of, as well as the deaths! (And that may be a good thing for other people) If you buy the box set, it comes with a list of who dies and when, so that makes it easier to follow.
    If you are a fan of Yakuza movies, it is essential viewing. In a poll in Japan, it was voted as the greatest Yakuza movie ever by the public, so it must have done something right, hehe.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Audition' is where the girl keeps that dude in a bag and saws his foot off with piano wire right?
    That's the one.
    Yeah, I'm interested in watching that sometime...seemed pretty scary, doubt I could date an asian girl after that
    calm it, lyle! my wife is korean!!! And she's only sawn 3 toes off so far....get liberal pal! :P

toe amputation is mandatory to these people....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the one.
    Yeah, it's a really good film! I wouldn't say it is as scary as it is creepy... it creates this weird paranoiac atmosphere as the film goes on. Most people don't have the patience to sit through the first hour though and they judge it by that only. It really kicks off in the last half hour. Imagine it as a rollercoaster, it slowly takes you up the first hill which seems to go on forever and then out of nowhere, you reach the top and fall into a heart stopping vertical descent! That is what 'Audition' is like.

Oh crap,people,how could you forget Donnie Darko,that is just the most insane awesome film ever!!
    Wow,Oggie,how much have you spent on those films then? You must have quite a collection! You're meaking me want to see Yakuza papers quite badly now!! How would you rate it out of 10?
    Man, I have spent a fortune on those films, haha. I need to buy a new 'Asian DVD' rack soon as my old one only has only 4 spaces left out of about 70. :P
    Honestly, I never rate a movie a perfect 10... 'Seven Samurai' is probably the closest I have ever seen. A 9 is too low for a film like 'Yakuza Papers' though. I would rate it about 9.5/10. The only flaw I could find was the huge amount of characters to keep track of, as well as the deaths! (And that may be a good thing for other people) If you buy the box set, it comes with a list of who dies and when, so that makes it easier to follow.
    If you are a fan of Yakuza movies, it is essential viewing. In a poll in Japan, it was voted as the greatest Yakuza movie ever by the public, so it must have done something right, hehe.

Duuuuude?!?! You have about 66 films?!?! Do you watch alot of manga and anime too?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is the greatest film of all time

[attachment deleted by admin]
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great lists people.....Great topic too....

Heres a few of my favorite films;
    Schindlers List
    American History X
    The Diary of Ann Frank
    Apt Pupil

All quiet on the Western Front
    When heaven & earth meet
    Full Metal Jacket
    Apocalypse Now
    Saving Private Ryan

Int'l Films
    Ong-Bak
    Amores Perros
    Casas De Carton

Ace Ventura I & II
    Half Baked
    Up in Smoke
    Young Frankenstein
    Friday
    Waynes World
    The 3 Amigos
    Manhatton
    Beatle Juice

Point Break
    Face Off
    Tombstone
    Rudy
    One flew over the coo-coos nest
    Scarface
    Tango & Cash
    Taxi
    Mambo Kings
    The Shining
    Rumble in the Bronx
    Die Hard
    Bloodsport
    Karate kid
    Game of Death

Sandlot
    Robots
    The Incredibles
    Chicken Little
    Madagascar
    Edward Scissor Hands
    Shrek I & II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the one.

Duuuuude?!?! You have about 66 films?!?! Do you watch alot of manga and anime too?
    Haha, yes! About 66 and growing.
    The only anime I have seen is the Studio Ghibli stuff (Grave of the Fireflies, Spirited Away, My neighbour Totoro and Laputa: Castle in the sky), Appleseed, Akira and Barefoot Gen...
    Have you ever seen 'Barefoot Gen'? It's an anime about the Hiroshima bombing seen through the eyes of a young boy... similar to 'Grave of the Fireflies' only instead of focusing on the poor treatment of the Japanese people by other Japanese people, it focuses on the downright horror of the situation and how terrible it was for the people who were not killed instantly. Really graphic stuff and not one you would want to watch while kids are around... It has an emotional impact comparable to 'Grave of the Fireflies'. The animation is not quite as polished as 'GOTF', but it was made a few years earlier... besides, once you start watching the movie unfold, that will be the last thing on your mind.
    Can't believe I didn't mention this movie earlier!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Int'l Films
    Ong-Bak
    Amores Perros
    Casas De Carton

Dude Ong-Bak is a bad ass movie. I love martial arts movie. I think that kid thats in ong-bak is pretty damn close to being the next bruce lee. I can't wait to see another film with him in it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21

Int'l Films
    Ong-Bak
    Amores Perros
    Casas De Carton

Dude Ong-Bak is a bad ass movie. I love martial arts movie. I think that kid thats in ong-bak is pretty damn close to being the next bruce lee. I can't wait to see another film with him in it.
    Spot on....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21

Int'l Films
    Ong-Bak
    Amores Perros
    Casas De Carton

Spot on....
    Dude Ong-Bak is a bad a** movie. I love martial arts movie. I think that kid thats in ong-bak is pretty damn close to being the next bruce lee. I can't wait to see another film with him in it.
    You haven't heard of any new movies he is going to be in have you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great lists people.....Great topic too....

Heres a few of my favorite films;
    Schindlers List
    American History X
    The Diary of Ann Frank
    Apt Pupil

All quiet on the Western Front
    When heaven & earth meet
    Full Metal Jacket
    Apocalypse Now
    Saving Private Ryan

Int'l Films
    Ong-Bak
    Amores Perros
    Casas De Carton

Ace Ventura I & II
    Half Baked
    Up in Smoke
    Young Frankenstein
    Friday
    Waynes World
    The 3 Amigos
    Manhatton
    Beatle Juice

Point Break
    Face Off
    Tombstone
    Rudy
    One flew over the coo-coos nest
    Scarface
    Tango & Cash
    Taxi
    Mambo Kings
    The Shining
    Rumble in the Bronx
    Die Hard
    Bloodsport
    Karate kid
    Game of Death

Sandlot
    Robots
    The Incredibles
    Chicken Little
    Madagascar
    Edward Scissor Hands
    Shrek I & II
    Some great films there man! American History X was absolutely amazing!!

That's the one.

Haha, yes! About 66 and growing.
    The only anime I have seen is the Studio Ghibli stuff (Grave of the Fireflies, Spirited Away, My neighbour Totoro and Laputa: Castle in the sky), Appleseed, Akira and Barefoot Gen...
    Have you ever seen 'Barefoot Gen'? It's an anime about the Hiroshima bombing seen through the eyes of a young boy... similar to 'Grave of the Fireflies' only instead of focusing on the poor treatment of the Japanese people by other Japanese people, it focuses on the downright horror of the situation and how terrible it was for the people who were not killed instantly. Really graphic stuff and not one you would want to watch while kids are around... It has an emotional impact comparable to 'Grave of the Fireflies'. The animation is not quite as polished as 'GOTF', but it was made a few years earlier... besides, once you start watching the movie unfold, that will be the last thing on your mind.
    Can't believe I didn't mention this movie earlier!
    Wow,not seen that,another great film for me to see! I highly recommend these manga/anime-Ninja Scroll,Helsing epsiodes,Ghost in the Shell1 and 2,Vampire Hunter D1 and 2,and there are hundreds of others like Evanglion etc ehich you just have to see!
    I saw Xmen yesterday,massively disappointing. Action was excellent,there should have been more,characters were killed off for no purpose,storyline was a bit meek and the new characters really did nothing except Iceman maybe and Kalisto(who is HOT?!!!). aLSO,AFTER THE CREDITS HAVE FINISHED AT THE END,STAY THERE AND SEE A GREAT SURPRISE!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah XMEN kicked ass. The door kind of shut on the series but then it kind of didn't. Actually it didn't at all if you stuck around for after the credits.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Tombstone, Val Kilmer...........awsome.
    I love that too,thats why i got the real Doc holiday as my pic here.
    The true history isnt that far off .

Im with all the Eastwood fans too.

I Love, the cook the theif his wife her lover.

JAws one; was a great...white

Amalie.... I love

Not my fav all time but i liked Big fish alot.

Also Princess bride is a great film .

Touching the void,by Joe simpson, fuck, what can you say!

Coupla Aussie greats;

Chopper.

Bad boy bubby.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information